Gallia Academy vs Washington Court House 1/20/18

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Gallia Academy vs Washington Court House 1/20/18

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

What happens in this non conference match up! Devils by 15 points.

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: Gallia Academy vs Washington Court House 1/20/18

Post by Geronimo »

Should be a good game.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Washington's record is ugly, but they can play. Only lost by a bucket to 10-3 Chillicothe last night. Have a couple of really nice guards.

Should be an interesting game.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Big WIn !

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Any stats ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Score?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Gallipolis 60
Washington C.H. 53

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Loveday had 27 mccellend had 12 for Blue Devils. Gallia seemed in control entire game but biggest lead was 10. Washington had to many unforced turnovers. But timely 3’s and a few sloppy possessions for blue devils constantly kept the lions within striking distance.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Jmo ! CH plays a pretty strong schedule ?

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

The Blue Devils won a close game by 7 points, but I thought the Blue Devils didn't play that well should have won by at least 15 points. Loveday and McCelland had a good game, but I didn't think Call and Wiseman had good games. Henry was playing good but wasn't on the court very many minutes I don't understand that it seem like every game they take him out before he works up a good sweat and anybody who has ever played basketball knows you need more than 4 minutes to get into the flow of the game. Thomas played 6 minutes in second quarter and played good never saw the floor again. The Blue Devils coach subbed 3 players in Henry spot Blouir, Thomas and Harrison while not subbing at all for the other starters in which don't make a bit of sense. Blaine Carter didn't even get into the game at all. As a coach you have to use your bench when you have the talent you have on that team. If you only take each starter out for 1 or 2 minutes in certain spots it would give more minutes to your bench and it would give the starters a little rest to make them more fresher for the end of the game.

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

I thought the subbing was pretty good. Blouir is getting better and better and with more playing time he will contribute more as well. Your just not going to play a lot of players against better teams. Thomas did his job while he was in there. Imo I just thought they jelled better with Blouir in there not taking a thing from Henry. We do have to force these slashing scorers to the middle where there is help. Courthouse is a real nice team. Dangerous come tourney time I think. We had a few bad turnovers not too bad and let them have some wide open threes while we were in zone. Gallipolis controlled the game Courthouse just kept fighting back. Very well coached imo

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Washington is very well coached and they will get a few more wins before the end of the season. Very undersized, but they'll compete hard every night. Played Chillicothe extremely tight on Friday and looks like they hung around last night.

It's a good win for the Blue Devils, no matter what WCHs record is.

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

Court House subbed freely last night does that mean we are not a good team. They were running players in an out all night long and were staying close in the game. Court House has only won 2 games Jackson beat them at Court House and I know they played Chillicothe to a 2 point game but People were staying Chillicothe was ice cold shooting the ball If you want a team to jell together you need to keep your bench happy as well as your starters. As far as jelling together when all 5 starters were in in the third quarter that is when the lead went to 10 points and Harrison came in for Henry with 1 1/2 minutes left in the third quarter and Henry never got back into the game. Blouir I thought played ok and I'm not knocking any player on this team by any means I just feel and know by experience that giving your starters a break now and then is going to do nothing but help them in games. Even Loveday needs a break for even 1 min once each half aint going to hurt your team because we have a great bench with players who can play and give quality minutes. In my opinion Thomas and Carter needs more minutes. I watched Fairland play Huntington High and Fairland rested all their starters for 1 and 2 minutes at a time. The game was close all the way until the end. A good coach will try to keep his players as fresh as he can by subbing for a player for just a min or 2 and not taking more than 2 players out at a time.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well I really don’t think you can take anything from minutes in last nights game. This was the the 3 rd game for this team in 25 days or so. A normal jv player hardly played in jv game as we got blain carter and a couple of other kids almost an entire jv game.

I don’t think Henry played as much last night as it seems to me we are trying to get a couple of other kids going since we no longer have Peck.

And what I think your going to see happen is you are going to want to get about 10 a game from wiseman call and mcelland. You came within a Point or so of that tonight. You are going to expect about 10 a night total out of Henry, Blouir and carter, and about 20 a night out of loveday.

You are going to have nights where guys get hot but that is about what you need to average and now that loveday is beginning to play more physical and own his area. I think his 20 a night will be almost automatic.

That is 2 games in a row mccellend looked good and I thought the rest of guys looked like they were knocking the rust off. To me the only kid I am worried about at all is wiseman. He is always going to have games he disappears on offensive end. But he usually has several games he is a real force hopefully we get one soon and we just see him geton a roll.

I really think we need to extend the defense not necessarily press but really get in guys face at half to 3/4 court. Wiseman, call, blour, and carter are all kids that there offense is jump started by there defense and I think it is time to just let them go.

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

The blue are 10-1 . So far the coaching staff is doing okay . I’m sure they don’t care what any of you out there think should play or not . They will coach the team , you watch the games and complain why your kid don’t get to play .

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

Preach. That’s just the truth

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Padrino_Azul ☠️ wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:17 pm The blue are 10-1 . So far the coaching staff is doing okay . I’m sure they don’t care what any of you out there think should play or not . They will coach the team , you watch the games and complain why your kid don’t get to play .
Agreed. It's not GA, but in Ross County, I could name 9 players from the 6 schools that rarely come out in competitive games unless there is some sort of foul trouble. These are 15-18 year old kids, they can typically handle 32 minutes of HS Basketball, especially without much, if any, drop off.

Most rotations by tournament time are 7-8 deep anyways. Being able to play 10-11 every night without a drop would be perfect, but it isn't realistic in a public HS in the Southeast part of Ohio. Fairland was mentioned, but how many times in their last 3 games of last year did they play more than 7? They played 6 guys in the Final Four game until it got out of hand midway through the 4th.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

are you gahsbb#1fan or henry`s#1fan. you have mentioned his name a time or two lol

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

I guess if you mention a kid's name more than once that makes you their #1 fan so I must be Loveday's #1 fan, McCelland;s & Blouir's #1 fan, Wiseman's & Call's#1 fan Henry's , Carter, and Thomas #1 fan So guess you are right! lol because I think it's funny too!

JeffreyCollins
Waterboy

Post by JeffreyCollins »

Last nights game was controlled by Loveday of Gallipolis just like every other Tuesday, Friday and occasionally on Saturday. Followed by the 7'1 Southern Ohio Phenomenon two of Washington CH athletes gave the home team a run for their money. The athleticism of #2 and #3 could not be matched by the host. The factor was the same as every game LOVEDAY. Without his presents your looking at a below 500 team. As far as the coaching goes that is being discussed for Gallipolis in the comments above will be exposed come tournament time. In a good or bad way. That will be determined. It is certainly not the coaching that is winning the games this far in the season. As long as Loveday is on the court and getting touches offensively and staying inside on defense the twenty point wins will continue to happen no matter the other four on the court. Though a past sectionals the 5-on-5 athlete to athlete competition will matter more. After last night one of the only close games Gallipolis will see on the year they begin to retract their season. They will likely see the same result unless Loveday finds foul trouble. To substituting players; an eight player rotation is your idea come tournament time but to see four players on the court for 32 minutes will not cut it. Some of the country's top recruits don't see that amount of time. There are only a few in southern Ohio and Loveday being one of them who deserves that amount of time. And I'm not sure who's a Gallipolis fan or a fan of a specific player, but I stay current with the blogs leaving very few comments as I'm able to make it to games within Southern Ohio, but the controversy I'm seeing among some of the comments can only drive wedges between players on the team. It's not about the playing time it's about the win at the end of the day. The more unselfishness between the team the more successful they will be, did anyone see Jalen Hurts due anything but congratulate the Freshman that took his position on the biggest stage in college football. If the kids do their job on the court you don't have to worry about the comments on Southern Ohio Preps. But I believe Gallipolis fan is a guy with knowledge of Blue Devil basketball and is a true fan. He just didn't take well to the poor rotations last night. But to single out an indivual for a preference in playerS is not so funny that you need to add LOL at the end. Because if you want to do that then you need to just point out the fact that Riverrunner starts every game Feed with the same comment. But to have a successful end to the season the players need to be working hand in hand not being split by Southern Ohio Preps in their home lives. Be more like Jalen Hurt!

Return to “Boys Basketball”