D3 Waverly Sectional

mlittle
SEOP

Re: D3 Waverly Sectional

Post by mlittle »

It's razor thin right now between Piketon and WU. If Piketon beats ZT I would say they'll get it. If they lose then flip a coin or something. When these two teams played head to head Piketon had to overcome a 17 pt deficit to win by 4. It was an awesome game

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:39 am It's razor thin right now between Piketon and WU. If Piketon beats ZT I would say they'll get it. If they lose then flip a coin or something. When these two teams played head to head Piketon had to overcome a 17 pt deficit to win by 4. It was an awesome game
At Piketon or at WU?

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Piketon has a strong case to make for the 1 seed they have a 13-5 overall record with 3 losses coming to D2 Unioto and D2 Zane Trace, Streaks with no bad losses and are winning games they should. Piketon took care of business with beating both D4 schools and going 3-0 vs the SHAC
west Union plays a D3/D4 schedule with a loss to Peebles who is D4, Piketon Beat Peebles this season
Piketon has the head to head with West Union and better quality wins so they are the clear cut 1 seed the way I see it

KING OF Shyville
Waterboy

Post by KING OF Shyville »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:19 am
mlittle wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:39 am It's razor thin right now between Piketon and WU. If Piketon beats ZT I would say they'll get it. If they lose then flip a coin or something. When these two teams played head to head Piketon had to overcome a 17 pt deficit to win by 4. It was an awesome game

At Piketon

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

KING OF Shyville wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:28 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:19 am

At Piketon
Thanks

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

I want to weight in on this torpid as I’ve been reading these posts. If you put West Union against Unioto, do they have two more losses? Simple as that...Take off all the D2 games and then let’s look at the W/L’s against D3/4’s....and then Piketon beat Western Union, beat Peebles at Peebles who also beat WU. WU loses to LC and Valley beats Peebles, and are Streaks just beat Valley Tuesday at Valley. All the procrastinators like the W/L as deciding factor but can’t go by that. Like trying to compare Melania Trump to Stormy Waters...apples and cantaloupes. 😳. Piketon Redstreaks #1 seed.

KING OF Shyville
Waterboy

Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:50 am I want to weight in on this torpid as I’ve been reading these posts. If you put West Union against Unioto, do they have two more losses? Simple as that...Take off all the D2 games and then let’s look at the W/L’s against D3/4’s....and then Piketon beat Western Union, beat Peebles at Peebles who also beat WU. WU loses to LC and Valley beats Peebles, and are Streaks just beat Valley Tuesday at Valley. All the procrastinators like the W/L as deciding factor but can’t go by that. Like trying to compare Melania Trump to Stormy Waters...apples and cantaloupes. 😳. Piketon Redstreaks #1 seed.
Agree, May look at the other common opponent Southeastern who West Union played on a neutral floor and won 56 -44. Piketon just beat Southeastern 61-30 on there home floor Friday night.
Defense was smothering and held Ruby and Hartman to a combined total of seven points. The following night those two put up a combined 48 points.

KING OF Shyville
Waterboy

KING OF Shyville wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:27 am
Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:50 am I want to weight in on this torpid as I’ve been reading these posts. If you put West Union against Unioto, do they have two more losses? Simple as that...Take off all the D2 games and then let’s look at the W/L’s against D3/4’s....and then Piketon beat Western Union, beat Peebles at Peebles who also beat WU. WU loses to LC and Valley beats Peebles, and are Streaks just beat Valley Tuesday at Valley. All the procrastinators like the W/L as deciding factor but can’t go by that. Like trying to compare Melania Trump to Stormy Waters...apples and cantaloupes. 😳. Piketon Redstreaks #1 seed.
Agree, May look at the other common opponent Southeastern who West Union played on a neutral floor and won 56 -44. Piketon just beat Southeastern 61-30 on there home floor Friday night.
Defense was smothering and held Ruby and Hartman to a combined total of seven points. The following night those two put up a combined 48 points.
THE RED D
is no joke, have multiple fresh bodies to run in and out!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Piketon also only beat SE by 3 earlier in the season as well lol

Piketon should be the #1 seed based on the head to head and quality of schedule. Plus, the Piketon win at Peebles even boosts them over WU as well in my book. Piketon will be 14-5 at the draw and has a H2H W over their biggest competitor for the 1 seed, who has 4 losses.

Lynchburg might be the scariest team in the Sectional though, because who knows what team is coming to play. McLaughlin is a monster, but they seem to be incredibly up and down, with a major up last night.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Some of these posts seem a little biased because I'm sure each side has fans. Information is good but I think we need to as this...

1. If you take away each team's best player, are there pieces the other team can beat you with?
2. Which of these two teams would the other teams in the sectional like to avoid?
3. Head to head

At end of the day, I think it's Piketon as the 1. It's a thin margin though. You can talk all you want about playing Unioto and Zane Trace, but did you beat them? The bottom half of the SVC is not good. The SHAC is more balanced and competitive than its been in awhile. Piketon would split with Ripley in my opinion, but I also think WU wouldn't beat ZT or Unioto. They could, however, beat every other team in the SVC. 1-6 in this sectional is not far off from each other. Each team has a piece or two that can hurt the other. Again, I feel Piketon is the 1 but all four teams who advance out of this sectional will have to earn it. It's going to be some fun basketball!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern Brown should be watched as well. Great coach and great program. They have been up and down this year but up the last 6 weeks or do.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Though I guess Eastern Brown lost to lowly Manchester so maybe not....also losses to West Union....but the beat Ripley by double digits....but Ripley only beat Eastern Pike on a neutral court by double digits...but Eastern Pike meh, not like they could beat Piketon. I mean Piketon got put down by Paint Valley but Paint Valley is a power who could never lose to tiny 9 loss D4 Fairfield or even to up and down Lynchburg by double digits....but Lynchburg lost to lowly 9 loss D4 Whiteoak, who lost to 3-15 Westfall...did Westfall ever play Piketon close? Doubtful....then Lynchburg beat West Union. My head hurts. Tournament might just be very fun.

Seed how you wish. Teams have changed a lot from early season. The only thing clear right now is that nothing is clear. 10-9 D4 Fairfield play Paint Valley as good as Unioto played Paint Valley...Unioto would likely beat Fairfield by 35. Common opponents is a dangerous comparison. Basketball is about matchups and execution. Did Southeastern beat Oak Hill last year because of their prep from their league...nah

KING OF Shyville
Waterboy

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:33 pm
Piketon also only beat SE by 3 earlier in the season as well lol

Piketon should be the #1 seed based on the head to head and quality of schedule. Plus, the Piketon win at Peebles even boosts them over WU as well in my book. Piketon will be 14-5 at the draw and has a H2H W over their biggest competitor for the 1 seed, who has 4 losses.

Lynchburg might be the scariest team in the Sectional though, because who knows what team is coming to play. McLaughlin is a monster, but they seem to be incredibly up and down, with a major up last night.
That is true but they may have been a result of looking forward to following nights matchup with Zane Trace. A 31 point road win at Southeastern compared to neutral-site win by 12 WU. Never the less slim margin between the two but agree Piketon gets the #1 seed.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:54 pm Though I guess Eastern Brown lost to lowly Manchester so maybe not....also losses to West Union....but the beat Ripley by double digits....but Ripley only beat Eastern Pike on a neutral court by double digits...but Eastern Pike meh, not like they could beat Piketon. I mean Piketon got put down by Paint Valley but Paint Valley is a power who could never lose to tiny 9 loss D4 Fairfield or even to up and down Lynchburg by double digits....but Lynchburg lost to lowly 9 loss D4 Whiteoak, who lost to 3-15 Westfall...did Westfall ever play Piketon close? Doubtful....then Lynchburg beat West Union. My head hurts. Tournament might just be very fun.

Seed how you wish. Teams have changed a lot from early season. The only thing clear right now is that nothing is clear. 10-9 D4 Fairfield play Paint Valley as good as Unioto played Paint Valley...Unioto would likely beat Fairfield by 35. Common opponents is a dangerous comparison. Basketball is about matchups and execution. Did Southeastern beat Oak Hill last year because of their prep from their league...nah
Love this. So true.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:54 pm Though I guess Eastern Brown lost to lowly Manchester so maybe not....also losses to West Union....but the beat Ripley by double digits....but Ripley only beat Eastern Pike on a neutral court by double digits...but Eastern Pike meh, not like they could beat Piketon. I mean Piketon got put down by Paint Valley but Paint Valley is a power who could never lose to tiny 9 loss D4 Fairfield or even to up and down Lynchburg by double digits....but Lynchburg lost to lowly 9 loss D4 Whiteoak, who lost to 3-15 Westfall...did Westfall ever play Piketon close? Doubtful....then Lynchburg beat West Union. My head hurts. Tournament might just be very fun.

Love this. So true.Coaches seem to rule from here till at least the regionals. From there on you better have some talent. The cream will rise to the top.

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

Does anyone have the records of all the teams? And put them by record

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

PK 13-5
WU 13-4
PO 11-6
PV 10-7
EB 12-6
LC 9-7
Western 9-10
NA 8-10
West 6-9
NW 7-10
SE 7-11
Valley 4-12
AD 5-13
Hunt 2-15

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

Western is 9-9

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Yuck.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I still don't know who the best team in this sectional is.

At this time I still believe that the top 3 teams in D3 are Oak Hill, Eastern Pike, and Wheelersburg, all coming out of the Jackson sectional.

Getting the #2 seed at Jackson will be crucial, it'll be interesting to see if they go with Burg or Eastern (if I was voting I'm leaning Eastern)

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”