Jackson @ South Webster 1/23

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Jackson @ South Webster 1/23

Post by JEEPNATION »

Big home game tomorrow for the Jeeps! 8-5 Jackson comes to town. Jeeps lost a nail-biter to them last year on the road if I remember correctly. Jackson plays a good schedule!

What's the thoughts on this one? Can Jeeps steal one at home?

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Jackson @ South Webster 1/23

Post by countywide35 »

ironmen are much improved. Will be a good road test for sure

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

Jeeps need to find some offense outside of Blevins. However, not sure if Jackson has anyone long enough to compete with him in the post.

SchmidtHappens
Waterboy

Post by SchmidtHappens »

Having seen Jackson once (@Vinton County) and The Jeeps twice (Both against Valley) I think Jackson has the players to win by 20+. Not that they will.
The Jeeps were impressive against Valley the 2nd time because they threw the ball into Blevins maybe 50 times. Shout out to the unselfishness of those kids.
The game last year @ Jackson was a lot of fun to watch but Webster lost a ton of talent from last season. That being said they are much more disciplined this year. They have managed to win 5 games with 1 player back and that says a lot.
Jackson 55
Webster 42

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Tough to win at SW. Jackson hasn’t had a very good history there. I imagine Iackson has a sound game plan to deal with Blevins and hopefully to keep any guard from getting hit from the perimeter. I believe if Jackson avoids foul trouble they will win by 10-12....but a tight game or upset won’t surprise me. I expect a Jackson win.

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

SchmidtHappens wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:33 pm Having seen Jackson once (@Vinton County) and The Jeeps twice (Both against Valley) I think Jackson has the players to win by 20+. Not that they will.
The Jeeps were impressive against Valley the 2nd time because they threw the ball into Blevins maybe 50 times. Shout out to the unselfishness of those kids.
The game last year @ Jackson was a lot of fun to watch but Webster lost a ton of talent from last season. That being said they are much more disciplined this year. They have managed to win 5 games with 1 player back and that says a lot.
Jackson 55
Webster 42
Jeeps only lost 3 players last year to graduation! Blevins, Shonkwiler, and Zimmerman. So they have more than 1 player back unless they played 4 on 5 all season :P

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JEEPNATION wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:28 pm
SchmidtHappens wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:33 pm Having seen Jackson once (@Vinton County) and The Jeeps twice (Both against Valley) I think Jackson has the players to win by 20+. Not that they will.
Jackson 55
Webster 42
Jeeps only lost 3 players last year to graduation! Blevins, Shonkwiler, and Zimmerman. So they have more than 1 player back unless they played 4 on 5 all season :P
The game in Jackson last year...I’m not sure the Ironmen allowed Zimmerman a FG (had about 10 free throws). Glad Blevins graduated...that kid was lightning

SchmidtHappens
Waterboy

Post by SchmidtHappens »

Well it did look like at times the Jeeps only used 3 players last season. The production Blevins has shown this year shows a misuse the past season. GREAT player.

Ironman92 is right. And I'm sure he has been pleased with his team the past 2 seasons. That coach has done a very good job.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SchmidtHappens wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:43 pm Well it did look like at times the Jeeps only used 3 players last season. The production Blevins has shown this year shows a misuse the past season. GREAT player.

Ironman92 is right. And I'm sure he has been pleased with his team the past 2 seasons. That coach has done a very good job.
They just faced a lights out Unioto team that played their best game all year...Ironmen will be hungry. I will be interested in how and who they defend Blevins. Jackson is a man to man program. Coach Morrow does a good job of coaching an undersized team against a bigger player. 6’2 Carson Spohn is IMO our best defender and does very well...not sure they’ll use him on Blevins though.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Blevins will have to play lights out for SW to win.. possible,but Jackson is the better team. My guess is Jackson wins by 10

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

SchmidtHappens wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:43 pm Well it did look like at times the Jeeps only used 3 players last season. The production Blevins has shown this year shows a misuse the past season. GREAT player.

Shiloah Blevins led the team in scoring on multiple occasions last year. The team also won 16 games and was the district runner up to (and nearly beat) a 2 loss Clay team that was dangerously close to reaching the State.

They had better options at the guard position last year, Alek Blevins was an absolute stud - just ask Peebles! I wouldn’t say Shiloah was misused at all, I thought he had a terrific sophomore campaign last year. A “coming out” season if you will. Great kid and great family!

SchmidtHappens
Waterboy

Post by SchmidtHappens »

D4hero wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:32 pm

Shiloah Blevins led the team in scoring on multiple occasions last year. The team also won 16 games and was the district runner up to (and nearly beat) a 2 loss Clay team that was dangerously close to reaching the State.

They had better options at the guard position last year, Alek Blevins was an absolute stud - just ask Peebles! I wouldn’t say Shiloah was misused at all, I thought he had a terrific sophomore campaign last year. A “coming out” season if you will. Great kid and great family!
Well I'm sure YOU wouldn't say that! You gave it a good shot last year.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

SchmidtHappens wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 pm
D4hero wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:32 pm

Well I'm sure YOU wouldn't say that! You gave it a good shot last year.
Go back and relive last year's sectional final game 8 pages back.Webster vs Peebles. It was one of the best games I have watched. District final in sectionals. Tanner Arey has had the worse luck at Northwest sectionals. Sophmore year he had Broken nose and mask. Last year's sat the pines most of second quarter with 3 fouls. Picked up his 4th foul mid way thru 3rd with a charge. He's the leader this year and I look for him to lead in a big way .stay healthy. Good luck all.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Predicting Webster takes the W. Blevins for 30

Smith hit four 3’s last game. If Jackson’s biggest player is 6’2 then Webster has a big size advantage

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

South Webster will struggle to score, outside of Blevins this has been a problem this season.
Their record is deceiving being a division 4 school and playing larger schools. I will say that.

Jackson isn't an offensive machine but should win this one by 15 plus.

SchmidtHappens
Waterboy

Post by SchmidtHappens »

Bring the Heat wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:33 am South Webster will struggle to score, outside of Blevins this has been a problem this season.
Their record is deceiving being a division 4 school and playing larger schools. I will say that.

Jackson isn't an offensive machine but should win this one by 15 plus.
Yes. If the Jeeps were in the TVC Hocking they may be undefeated.
Jackson has to play some very tough league games as well. 8-5 is very good.

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

Size does hurt Jackson, it did against Unioto. Well let me rephrase. Athletic big men hurt Jackson. If Blevins can setup shop inside and score and then kick it out to a shooter. They should win. If not Jackson should get the W.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JV

Jackson 29
South Webster 9

Half

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »