Logan @ Parkersburg South - 2/3

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Logan @ Parkersburg South - 2/3

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Big time match up this Saturday evening. Logan (#8 in Ohio's AP D1 Poll) travels to Parkersburg South (#1 in West Virginia's AP AAA Poll).

What are your thoughts on this one?

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Logan @ Parkersburg South - 2/3

Post by cbolt »

I think Logan will win comfortably, South's scores don't impress me all that much, now if Logan comes out lethargic not interested it could be like the game at New Albany, but I think they will be rested and ready.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

cbolt wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:12 pm I think Logan will win comfortably, South's scores don't impress me all that much, now if Logan comes out lethargic not interested it could be like the game at New Albany, but I think they will be rested and ready.
Agree. I look for the Chiefs by 10 or more.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Guys I would like to be as confident as you but you are crossing the River and playing W.VA. best large school . Gosh I hope you are right it would make the Shermans look even better. Good luck Chieftains !

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I think it's Going to be a good one. Parkersburg South is usually in the WV State Finals every year for a Reason. Well coached program. And Don't forget WV basketball has the luxury of playing together as a team throughout the whole summer and in AAU tournaments. Remember the names Seth Fallon and Cole Plants 2 great players from South. I think Logan will have a harder time with Parkersburg South than Parkersburg.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

2nd of a tough three game road swing.

Got a good "W" last night over New Albany. Now a double dose of Parkersburg. Challenging trips back to back. Hope the Chiefs continue to play at a high level, if they do they'll be tough to beat.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:11 am 2nd of a tough three game road swing.

Got a good "W" last night over New Albany. Now a double dose of Parkersburg. Challenging trips back to back. Hope the Chiefs continue to play at a high level, if they do they'll be tough to beat.

loganlocos ... I congratulated Bo Myers today at school on the "W" last night , we were talking about the 2 Parkersburg games coming up - I told him that the Parkersburg Big Red are a "mirror" image of Logan while I didn't know anything about South ... told Bo that for all I knew they didn't even wear shoes when they play in WVa ... that's when Bo asked if I was coming to the game Saturday - I told him I was probably going to Warren to see the Warriors play Chillicothe ... after he left I started thinking about the PM I got - whoever the person is obviously has something out for me but I gave them what they wanted - me not writing about the Chiefs ! (smh) ... when I told Bo Myers I was going to go watch ANOTHER team play - it didn't feel right; by NOT doing game rundowns, posting about the Purple I am playing right into this person's hands ... IF I am truly going to support the Purple "players" I owe it to those kids to do what I do for everyone else - watch them AND WRITE ABOUT THEM ... those kids - Bo Myers, Caiden Landis, Caleb Bell, Coby Bell, Wes Brooks, Layton Cassady, Landon Little all deserve the props THEY earn on the court just like every other team I go watch in SEOhio ... with all of that said - pfloyd will be going to Parkersburg South on Saturday AND WILL BE doing a post game rundown with the usual Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats and IMO's in spite of those in Chieftain Land who would rather me not ...

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:25 pm
loganlocos wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:11 am 2nd of a tough three game road swing.

loganlocos ... I congratulated Bo Myers today at school on the "W" last night , we were talking about the 2 Parkersburg games coming up - I told him that the Parkersburg Big Red are a "mirror" image of Logan while I didn't know anything about South ... told Bo that for all I knew they didn't even wear shoes when they play in WVa ... that's when Bo asked if I was coming to the game Saturday - I told him I was probably going to Warren to see the Warriors play Chillicothe ... after he left I started thinking about the PM I got - whoever the person is obviously has something out for me but I gave them what they wanted - me not writing about the Chiefs ! (smh) ... when I told Bo Myers I was going to go watch ANOTHER team play - it didn't feel right; by NOT doing game rundowns, posting about the Purple I am playing right into this person's hands ... IF I am truly going to support the Purple "players" I owe it to those kids to do what I do for everyone else - watch them AND WRITE ABOUT THEM ... those kids - Bo Myers, Caiden Landis, Caleb Bell, Coby Bell, Wes Brooks, Layton Cassady, Landon Little all deserve the props THEY earn on the court just like every other team I go watch in SEOhio ... with all of that said - pfloyd will be going to Parkersburg South on Saturday AND WILL BE doing a post game rundown with the usual Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats and IMO's in spite of those in Chieftain Land who would rather me not ...

Thatta boy PFloyd!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When the battle in the war looked lost the wheels were reversed in the end.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Good stuff pfloyd! Continue doing those run downs, especially for all of us that don't get to go to every game.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Anyone know Souths Record? When is Tip-Off time?

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:32 am Anyone know Souths Record? When is Tip-Off time?
With their victory last night they are 13-1 with 11 straight wins . Really good team . Not sure about tip but early evening game .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Talked with some coaches last night at the Sheridan game (coaches who played South this season and have seen Logan play as well) - the consensus was that Logan was at least a 10 point winner tonight vs Parkersburg South ... when I spoke with a couple of players from Logan at school Friday they had seen some film on South - the words I remember from them was that South plays a lot of iso basketball, lots of one on one basketball or 3 balls from outside - the AAU mentality of the game of basketball in my mind ... got to take TEAM over individuals tonight ... Logan for the W ...

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Shut down Seth Fallon and Cole Plants and Logan Wins. Good luck Logan.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Freshman final

Parkersburg South 74
Logan 38

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Ouch! :shock:

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

JV Halftime

Parkersburg South 44
Logan 32

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Are you at the game?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

cbolt wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:46 pm Are you at the game?
No, I'm just getting updates from a person there.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

JV Final

Parkersburg South 78
Logan 52

Return to “Boys Basketball”