Freshman Team

Logan Elm @ Bloom Carroll 2/1

Post by TravisHill22 »

Thoughts on this game?

Bud07
Freshman Team

Re: Logan Elm @ Bloom Carroll 2/1

Post by Bud07 »

Should be a good game with koons out for Carroll. I think LE can take this one.

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill22 »

Bud07 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:25 pm Should be a good game with koons out for Carroll. I think LE can take this one.
Yes it should be and I agree LE can win this one but I've thought LE shouldve won more than 5 games this year

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill22 »

If LE can win tonight it would be Stiverson's 300th win

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

TravisHill22 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:37 pm
Bud07 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:25 pm Should be a good game with koons out for Carroll. I think LE can take this one.
Yes it should be and I agree LE can win this one but I've thought LE shouldve won more than 5 games this year
The last team to try anything like this in the MSL was Amanda a few years ago with two freshmen and two sophomores. They defeated a bad Piketon team and then preceded to lose 22 straight games, being blown out in almost all of them. Logan Elm has won five and has only been blown out four times - Fairfield Union twice, Chillicothe and Amanda. All of those teams have the same thing in common - bigger, more experienced senior and junior laden lineup. Hard for 5-9 and 5-10 to matchup with 6-2, 6-3 for 32 minutes.

Logan Elm has had the opportunity to win a few more games - Athens, Court House and Circleville all come to mind - as you stated. In each of those games Logan Elm went cold from the field for a stretch that prevented it, because that's what often happens when you are over reliant on the three like Logan Elm is this season with a smaller lineup that has a tough time getting the ball to the hole on a consistent basis.

As for tonight's game, this is a winnable game for Logan Elm but I'm taking Carroll. A lot of games in a short period of time coupled with the younger players hitting a little bit of a wall playing a varsity schedule in comparison to an eighth-grade schedule. Big difference on a young body.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:50 pm
The last team to try anything like this in the MSL was Amanda a few years ago with two freshmen and two sophomores. They defeated a bad Piketon team and then preceded to lose 22 straight games, being blown out in almost all of them. Logan Elm has won five and has only been blown out four times - Fairfield Union twice, Chillicothe and Amanda. All of those teams have the same thing in common - bigger, more experienced senior and junior laden lineup. Hard for 5-9 and 5-10 to matchup with 6-2, 6-3 for 32 minutes.

Logan Elm has had the opportunity to win a few more games - Athens, Court House and Circleville all come to mind - as you stated. In each of those games Logan Elm went cold from the field for a stretch that prevented it, because that's what often happens when you are over reliant on the three like Logan Elm is this season with a smaller lineup that has a tough time getting the ball to the hole on a consistent basis.

As for tonight's game, this is a winnable game for Logan Elm but I'm taking Carroll. A lot of games in a short period of time coupled with the younger players hitting a little bit of a wall playing a varsity schedule in comparison to an eighth-grade schedule. Big difference on a young body.

... all good points about the Braves bman ... when you are undersized, inexperienced, and just plan YOUNG (`14 year olds vs 18 year olds with maturity strength/size wise) opponents will try to bully LE around ... if there IS a team that trys to intimidate & bully everyone they play it is BC ... I would like nothing more than for the youngsters of LE to give the Bulldogs of BC a "blow to the chin" with a "W" tonight BUT it's going to take the young guns being on fire from down town and Cody Anderson playing his best inside game of the season ... I wish the Braves the best in battling BC tonight on the road !

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:17 pm
TravisHill22 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:37 pm Yes it should be and I agree LE can win this one but I've thought LE shouldve won more than 5 games this year

... all good points about the Braves bman ... when you are undersized, inexperienced, and just plan YOUNG (`14 year olds vs 18 year olds with maturity strength/size wise) opponents will try to bully LE around ... if there IS a team that trys to intimidate & bully everyone they play it is BC ... I would like nothing more than for the youngsters of LE to give the Bulldogs of BC a "blow to the chin" with a "W" tonight BUT it's going to take the young guns being on fire from down town and Cody Anderson playing his best inside game of the season ... I wish the Braves the best in battling BC tonight on the road !

Cody's had a very solid season and grown a lot from last year. A lot more savvy on the court, rebounding, scoring different ways, playing tough on both ends of the court as a 6-2 "big man" and helping these young kids along the way. That Court House game is probably a win for LE if they had Cody on the floor that night, but he suffered an injury the game before. How much he means to the team this season.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I can remember just a few years ago how this was "the matchup" of the year in the MSL.

Both teams having disappointing seasons, although I think BC's is probably more disappointing given the expectations they had coming in. Yeah, so Kuhns played this year with stress fracture(s) in his back that happened in football. I don't think anyone, even him, realized he had fracture(s). They shut him down a few weeks ago for the remainder of the year, and BC pretty much became dead in the water those first few games without him. I think they're starting to regroup a little bit now, but that was a tremendous blow for the 'dogs.

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill22 »

LE Wins 46-44!!! Win number 300 for Stiverson

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

TravisHill22 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:48 pm LE Wins 46-44!!! Win number 300 for Stiverson
Great stuff right there ! Congratulations to Coach Stiverson & his staff as I know he will give much credit to his long time Asst Coach Holbert ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Shows you how much I know. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”