Fairfield Union 70 Amanda CC 34 a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Fairfield Union 70 Amanda CC 34 a final

Post by pfloyd »

Fairfield Union 70
Amanda CC 34 a final

...Coach Eversole's FU Falcons blew up any thoughts that the 2 point loss to AC back in early January was anything more than a mirage ... with that mirage being the fact that AC played the night before while FU was seeing the floor for the first time following almost 10 days without practicing due to weather issues cancelling school/practices ...

... FU never trailed in this one, the Falcons started with 2 buckets on the blocks by Colin Woodside and Houston Harrah - game over ... okay maybe not over but when Evan Conley drained 2 triples and Lucas Thompson added a driving bucket the first quarter was simply a prelude to the end ... FU 13 AC 9 after one ... Quarter 2 was all Colin Woodside as the BIG Man in the middle for FU took advantage of AC's BIG Alex Smith hitting the bench after appearing winded - Woodside reeled off 5 straight buckets in the paint to give the Falcons breathing room ... FU 29 AC 21 at the half ... the 3rd and 4th quarters were ALLLLLLLL Fairfield Union as Coach Eversoles troops dropped 8 treys in the final 2 quarters to outscore the ACES 41-13 in the 2nd half of action ... in the first outing that the ACES won at Amanda had AC draining 13 three points to give themselves the separation needed to hang-on for the 2 point win ... tonight at FU the scorched nets were all on the FU side ... a no contest win for FU 70 AC 34 a final

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Amanda CC

Scoring ... Trent Holbrook 10, Andrew Hunter 9, Brayden Neff 5, Alex Smith 4, Jayse Miller 4, Will Riffle 2
3 Pointers ... 6/23 ... Andrew Hunter 3, Trent Holbrook 2, Brayden Neff 1
FTs ... 2/2
TO's ... 16
PnP ... 10 points in the paint
Transition fg ... 1 fg/2 points in transition

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Fairfield Union

Scoring ... Evan Conley 16, Colin Woodside 16, Lucas Thompson 14, Spencer Conrad 7, Chase Poston 6, Huston Harrah 5,Ryan Magill 3,Jacob Baker 3
3 Pointers ... 10/20 ... Evan Conley 4, Chase Poston 2, Ryan MaGill 1, Lucas Thompson 1, Jacob Baker 1, Spencer Conrad 1
FTs ... 4/7
TO ... 7
PnP ... 15 fgs/30 points in the paint
Transition fg ... 2 fg/ 4 points in transition

... It was senior night at FU - the names Woodside/Thompson/Conrad/Foster will play their last home game tomorrow night vs Unioto (makeup game) ... no matter when the last one is - it's been a pleasure to see this group play for 4 years ... they do it right - no complaining about calls, all business on the court , thank you guys for the opportunity to see the FU resurgence in hoops during your tenure at FU ...

bman
SEO

Re: Fairfield Union 70 Amanda CC 34 a final

Post by bman »

I figured this would be an ugly loss for Amanda against a honked off Fairfield squad, but I didn't figure it'd be that bad.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

bman wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:29 am I figured this would be an ugly loss for Amanda against a honked off Fairfield squad, but I didn't figure it'd be that bad.
It was an 8 point game at the half, but felt like 20. It was clear FU was better. Then in the 3rd, AC didnt score till nearly 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Side note, conley took a step in 3 early in the game. Either a coach or a player from AC on the bench said something to conley. He then hit the 2nd one and gave them a long look, then he was lights out all night. Should note, I don't think it was something bad, moreso something like, let hik shoot from there or something..

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Great report as usual, pfloyd. I thought that was you last night bUT I didn't get over to see you. Maybe I'll make it over to say hi tonight.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Smeltzy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:40 am Great report as usual, pfloyd. I thought that was you last night bUT I didn't get over to see you. Maybe I'll make it over to say hi tonight.
... I always sit on the visitor side Smeltzy - not supporting the visiting team just knowing that I don't have to worrying about reserved seating that is on the home side of the courts everywhere ... it was a little awkward last night being the only one standing and clapping among the ACE fans when Coach Eversole substituted for his seniors in the last 3 minutes of the game LOL ... hey! Colin Woodside/Lucas Thompson/ Spencer Conrad have given THIS old high school hoops fan some great memories in their 4 year careers at FU ! THEY earned MY applause and appreciation for great hoops careers ... now I was completing my Napkin Stat sheet , when apparently FU turned the lights out - okay IT SEEMED like the lights went out - as I looked up to Colin Woodside's Dad (Ray) standing in front of me ! LOL ... Mr. Woodside has ALWAYS made his way into the cheap seats to give me a shout/shake my hand ... had the pleasure to meet Mrs. Woodside when I went to Logan Elm to see FU & LE tangle earlier in the year ... great family, with great family values ... the Woodsides represent what I have found all over Southern/Southeastern Ohio - the families of the players that we all enjoy watching are all appreciative of the recognition their sons get on SEOPs, they appreciate the positive things that are said/posted ... I try my best to make sure that I never post anything negative ... I personally appreciate what these kids, families go through - they have earned my respect ... I feel it is my obligation to SHOW/GIVE back to all of these "kids" , coaches, programs that I have the opportunity to watch each winter ...

... Smeltzy you know me, I'm definitely not a person who is "not approachable" LOL ... old , bald guy with water, twizzlers and napkin stat sheets
sitting in the Cheap Seats LOL ... Coach Hoops from Unioto texted me a picture that was taken of basketball action on the court, in the background was yours truly pfloyd standing in the stands LOL ... Coach Hoops said he recognized me right away when he saw the pic LOL ... I sent back that if there were pics of hoops action from all around Southern/Southeastern Ohio people could probably pick old pfloyd in the cheap seats in many of the 72 venues LOL ...

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I saw you stand and clap, and I think you doing it made a few others do it.

Was really cool the ovation that Conrad got when they announced he was accepted and going to the US Naval Academy. Such an awesome family. Their daughter may very well end up being the best all around soccer player to ever come through FU as well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”