BRACKETS ARE UP

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Re: BRACKETS ARE UP

Post by Allthewayup11 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:15 am Fairland will have its hands full with Athens/VC winner. Wont be an easy 1st rd district win.
Agreed, other than the rivalry, I think a lot of people are looking past these two teams VC and Athens. They are both contenders if they hit on of those games on all cylinders as we have seen lately.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:31 am
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:15 am Fairland will have its hands full with Athens/VC winner. Wont be an easy 1st rd district win.
😳

Not sure what information you base that on, but we shall see.
Athens had Fairland on the ropes last year. Dragons won on a last sec shot. First games at convo always tricky. VC/Athens get hot from outside first, but pressure on the favorite, things could be interesting. But make no mistake, Fairland an easy 10 point favorite against either.

letsgo
Waterboy

Post by letsgo »

Bold prediction: Fairland does NOT win a District Final.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

letsgo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 am Bold prediction: Fairland does NOT win a District Final.
I think they will still, but things don’t seem to be flowing as well down on the river.

4out1in
Waterboy

Post by 4out1in »

Nice of the district board to put the brackets up on their website. Now if they wouldn't be last every year to get them to the ohsaa site, that would be great.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

4out1in wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:38 pm Nice of the district board to put the brackets up on their website. Now if they wouldn't be last every year to get them to the ohsaa site, that would be great.
Lol, that part doesn't make sense at all. The brackets should be up by Sunday night for the whole state, but because ours takes longer, they aren't completed until like Wednesday.

I will give the SEODAB credit for having the easiest website to navigate out of the other District boards I've seen. Also, keeping past results on there is nice too.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth has lost 7 games to 4 teams with a total of only 14 losses, with 4 of those 7 by single digits. The Trojans have, because of their schedule, as good a chance as probably anybody in D3 of winning a district title. Having watched this team all year, though, the sectional is definitely not being taken for granted. We always seem to get a good test at Waverly. Last year North Adams took Portsmouth to the final minute.

In the last 2 weeks, Portsmouth has faced post players that are 6-8 (Van Horn), 7-0 (Loveday), and 6-9 (Terry). I think that experience of playing against that kind of size will help the Trojans going forward. It is very important for PHS going forward to get adequate scoring in the post so that they don't have to rely on jump shots to carry the offense. One interesting stat about the Trojans is that 4 of the starters (Reese Johnson, DJ Eley, Daniel Jordan, and Matthew Fraulini have scored at least 20 points or more in at least one game.

The game program at Waverly is probably the best of any sectional. A ton of coupons (Subway, Burger King, Wendy's, etc.) which I have used quite often, and there's easy access to all the restaurants. With split sessions, that works very well with the coupons.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Not many are paying attention to Ironton, but the Fighting Tigers could be a very pesky opponent for anybody. They don't have a very good record, but playing in the OVC is difficult this year, and even at that IHS has played in a lot of close games. They also played Ashland(KY), Huntington(WV), Wheelersburg, and Columbus Whitehall non-conference. They struggle at times on offense, but they always bring defense to the gym.

Also, I watched Eastern Brown at Chesapeake and Coach Buechler has his Warriors playing typical Eastern Brown basketball. They don't beat themselves, run a very disciplined offense, and they have several kids who can knock down shots from the perimeter. They don't have a lot of size, but EBHS will be a very difficult opponent in the tournament.

A third team to watch could very well be the Pike County Holiday Tournament Champions, the Eastern Pike Eagles. I've seen them a couple of times, and Coach Barrick has a team that reminds me a lot of Eastern Brown. They played Africentric really tough, and their PG Evan Leist is as good at that position as anybody in the SE district.

The D3 tourney will be fun to watch, and I really think it's a much more wide open field now that Oak Hill looks more mortal. The Oaks, though, are still a very good basketball team.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

D-2 WOW

TrojanMan
Waterboy

Post by TrojanMan »

Bold prediction, Portsmouth to Columbus!
You gotta believe!!!!!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Make sure you enter the challenge

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »