SE D4 Tournament Thread

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Re: SE D4 Tournament Thread

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

allOhiotraveler wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:13 pm
TVC wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:41 pm
allOhiotraveler wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:11 pm The interesting fact here is that the winners of the two Athens districts will immediately play in the regional semifinals. Who will prove the best of DIV southeast? I don't think I'm going to end up going against Howie...
Normally I would agree but this year Howie doesn’t have much. D4 is very week this year in southeastern Ohio. Coal Grove should not be challenged till regional finals.
Doesn't Howie have Randy Hixson? D4 teams can definitely make a run with one big name on their team.
Hixson scored 4 points in first half of tonights sectional final vs South Gallia.. then dropped 34 in the second half!!! Kid caught fire and carried that team. Trimble is one big man away from making a deep run, still could win district if Hixson stays hot and the other guys keep hitting. They play hard for lack of size, never count out a Howie Caldwell coached team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

allOhiotraveler wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:13 pm
TVC wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:41 pm
allOhiotraveler wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:11 pm The interesting fact here is that the winners of the two Athens districts will immediately play in the regional semifinals. Who will prove the best of DIV southeast? I don't think I'm going to end up going against Howie...
Normally I would agree but this year Howie doesn’t have much. D4 is very week this year in southeastern Ohio. Coal Grove should not be challenged till regional finals.
Doesn't Howie have Randy Hixson? D4 teams can definitely make a run with one big name on their team.
True...but on another end you can have Cam Thoroughman’s senior year

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

very true... But coaching makes a difference in the utilization of those big names..

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

allOhiotraveler wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:35 pm very true... But coaching makes a difference in the utilization of those big names..
True, but Cam’s coach had over 400 wins...unfortunately the superior coach was on the other sideline

Return to “Boys Basketball”