All Conference

Re: (4) Vinton County vs (5) Athens

Post by vcgrad »

No need for that!!!!

Willy Cheatem
Riding the Bench

Post by Willy Cheatem »

Wish this game was at Athens so our crew could provide them with some assistance, cause they pay us well. But it's a tourny game and I've heard those danged Gloucester refs have the game. So Athens may be in trouble. ;)

PowerLifitingNut
Riding the Bench

Post by PowerLifitingNut »

MSDAAC wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:14 pm
HamPorter wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:57 am I really like the thought of Combs and his staff having a full week to singularly focus on one opponent. I feel like that is a major advantage for the Vikings, but I'll give Coach Cozart credit, he's found the right mix for the Bulldogs and I'm sure will have them ready to play.
You ain’t lying. The changes made have resulted in a return to dominance.

#downwithdb
Has it returned?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:43 am
1987chieftains wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:26 am I'd give VC the edge in coaching, talent and team speed.
Yea Damron is a real Usain Bolt. :lol:
Wasn't talking about running or even one player.

AT THE RESERVATION
therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:52 pm
1987chieftains wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:26 am I'd give VC the edge in coaching, talent and team speed.
Unnecessary man c’mon
I agree, the young man has always played with a good attitude, never dirty. I've always enjoyed watching him and that's coming from a very non-VC fan. Good luck to him in his future!

If you ain't first, you're last!
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

therealNY wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:35 pm
Unnecessary man c’mon
I agree, the young man has always played with a good attitude, never dirty. I've always enjoyed watching him and that's coming from a very non-VC fan. Good luck to him in his future!
Classic, and vision says others are bashing kids....Pot meet kettle, total unnecessary attack on a high school kid. Good job!

PowerLifitingNut
Riding the Bench

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:37 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:52 pm Unnecessary man c’mon
Classic, and vision says others are bashing kids....Pot meet kettle, total unnecessary attack on a high school kid. Good job!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Unnecessary man c’mon
That's a classless comment about a high school kid.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I didn't mean anything cruel by it. He is not the fastest player, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing, it's a factual statement. I like how People can get on here and downplay teams and downgrade coaches and their sons who play for them and talk about daddy ball and nobody bats an eye. But Lord have mercy if you say something about a VC kid there is an uproar. How about this Millenials, there is a player or 2 on Athens that are also no Usain Bolts, hell the whole team for that matter. Does that make you happy Millenial Crybabies?

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

The bias on this forum is throw up worthy. But we all have first amendment rights. I am with VQ on this one. The beatings that some have taken on here are ok, but not so the case if it is others. Some of the bias posting is downright embarrassing. Again first amendment rights. I love this country.

PowerLifitingNut
Riding the Bench

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:55 pm I didn't mean anything cruel by it. He is not the fastest player, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing, it's a factual statement. I like how People can get on here and downplay teams and downgrade coaches and their sons who play for them and talk about daddy ball and nobody bats an eye. But Lord have mercy if you say something about a VC kid there is an uproar. How about this Millenials, there is a player or 2 on Athens that are also no Usain Bolts, hell the whole team for that matter. Does that make you happy Millenial Crybabies?
Daddy ball? Aren't you the person who cried and cried about that and got those words banned from the SEOPS vernacular? :mrgreen:

So now you can post it and I'll probably get banned for re-posting what you posted. :o

I'm with Bandit on this one, and your new handle is PotKettle.

#kettlepot :mrgreen:

Mike Hawk
Waterboy

Post by Mike Hawk »

SportsRule wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:26 pm The bias on this forum is throw up worthy. But we all have first amendment rights. I am with VQ on this one. The beatings that some have taken on here are ok, but not so the case if it is others. Some of the bias posting is downright embarrassing. Again first amendment rights. I love this country.
We have a few mods on here that determine how far you get to go with your “first amendment rights”. Keep it up and let’s see how long you’re last.

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:55 pm I didn't mean anything cruel by it. He is not the fastest player, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing, it's a factual statement. I like how People can get on here and downplay teams and downgrade coaches and their sons who play for them and talk about daddy ball and nobody bats an eye. But Lord have mercy if you say something about a VC kid there is an uproar. How about this Millenials, there is a player or 2 on Athens that are also no Usain Bolts, hell the whole team for that matter. Does that make you happy Millenial Crybabies?
Everyone deserves a trophy, and I've heard daddy ball ended a few weeks ago so no need to dredge that up again. The team has moved on and hasn't lost since it ended. Keep in mind, millennial spelled backwards is lainnellim.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Damron is really slow and Yates is 19. #Triggered

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

PowerLifitingNut wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:27 pm
Daddy ball? Aren't you the person who cried and cried about that and got those words banned from the SEOPS vernacular? :mrgreen:

So now you can post it and I'll probably get banned for re-posting what you posted. :o

I'm with Bandit on this one, and your new handle is PotKettle.

#kettlepot :mrgreen:
I'm just glad daddy ball is making a comeback if only on here. I loved it when my dad coached me.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

MSDAAC wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:56 pm
It is now we’ll document that daddyball doesn’t work at Athens. For that reason I see a deep run for the dogs
It worked in pee wee ball when I played. We didn't win very many games but I got to play a lot and I shot every time I touched the ball so I was happy and so was my mom. :mrgreen:

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Unnecessary man c’mon
Really?!? This coming from a guy who bashes Athens current Coach and his son, every chance he gets. Even said he shoots like a "scud missile". Give me a break Barlow-your hatred for Athens has been well documented. You have said a lot worse than I could ever think of. What's funny here is I said the Kid is no Usain Bolt. Nothing derogatory, posters on here acting like I said he was big, fat and slow, now if I would have said that then I could see their argument, But I did not.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:19 pm

Really?!? This coming from a guy who bashes Athens current Coach and his son, every chance he gets. Even said he shoots like a "scud missile". Give me a break Barlow-your hatred for Athens has been well documented. You have said a lot worse than I could ever think of. What's funny here is I said the Kid is no Usain Bolt. Nothing derogatory, posters on here acting like I said he was big, fat and slow, now if I would have said that then I could see their argument, But I did not.
In my opinion anything potentially negative going at kids on here is not acceptable. Why single out one player? Is Speakman Usain Bolt-like? What about the Yates boys? You singled out one kid and it just is poor taste.

What if you said one of the kids wasn’t exactly Albert Einstein? Not really a terrible thing to say but just unnecessary and of no use.

Someone mentioned the speed of VC...I don’t really see their speed that great either but why not counter it without singling out one kid who did nothing at all?

I’m not a millennial, my daughter may be....but I am defiantly not. If others on here are making fun of or slamming one of the Athens players....there’s no place for that either. Two wrongs don’t make a right. You always mention the Warren fan giving bad karma to his team.....you are pushing that role yourself. You get your feelings hurt so badly when people guess VC to beat Athens but then wonder why people get offended about you singling out 1 kid...and this isn’t your first time.

Hoping for a clean injury free game

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:27 pm

In my opinion anything potentially negative going at kids on here is not acceptable. Why single out one player? Is Speakman Usain Bolt-like? What about the Yates boys? You singled out one kid and it just is poor taste.

What if you said one of the kids wasn’t exactly Albert Einstein? Not really a terrible thing to say but just unnecessary and of no use.

Someone mentioned the speed of VC...I don’t really see their speed that great either but why not counter it without singling out one kid who did nothing at all?

I’m not a millennial, my daughter may be....but I am defiantly not. If others on here are making fun of or slamming one of the Athens players....there’s no place for that either. Two wrongs don’t make a right. You always mention the Warren fan giving bad karma to his team.....you are pushing that role yourself. You get your feelings hurt so badly when people guess VC to beat Athens but then wonder why people get offended about you singling out 1 kid...and this isn’t your first time.

I have never seen you get on here jumping on someone for degrading Athens and their players and coaches. Bottom line is you are a VC lover. VC can do no wrong in your eyes. When Jackson and VC played I got the feeling you were more for VC than Jackson from your Posts. What exactly is the connection there? This Forum is about a Joke because of your Biasness.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:11 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:27 pm

I have never seen you get on here jumping on someone for degrading Athens and their players and coaches. Bottom line is you are a VC lover. VC can do no wrong in your eyes. When Jackson and VC played I got the feeling you were more for VC than Jackson from your Posts. What exactly is the connection there? This Forum is about a Joke because of your Biasness.
Sad.

Return to “Boys Basketball”