GAHS vs Zane Trace

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

GAHS vs Zane Trace

Post by Between the Lines »

I've seen Gallipolis but not ZT ?
Didn't find the Devils that impressive, but that was only watching one game and that was early in the year vs. Athens who was not playing at their best.
Thoughts ?

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Re: GAHS vs Zane Trace

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

I don't know if people know it or not, but Gallia Academy Played Zane Trace in a scrimmage at Gallia Academy right before the season started 3 day before they play Athens. Gallia Academy beat them in every Quarter and they played 12 quarters the longest scrimmage I have seen. So both team know each other pretty well and the coaches will come up with a game plan they think will help their team have a good chance to win. Both teams I'm sure are better teams and different teams than they were then. Should be a good game I'm picking the Blue Devils in this one by 12 to 15 points. Athens was Gallia Academy's first game of season and 3 of their starters just came out of football whole different team and a lot better.

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Post by Between the Lines »

GAHSBB#1fan wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:22 pm I don't know if people know it or not, but Gallia Academy Played Zane Trace in a scrimmage at Gallia Academy right before the season started 3 day before they play Athens. Gallia Academy beat them in every Quarter and they played 12 quarters the longest scrimmage I have seen. So both team know each other pretty well and the coaches will come up with a game plan they think will help their team have a good chance to win. Both teams I'm sure are better teams and different teams than they were then. Should be a good game I'm picking the Blue Devils in this one by 12 to 15 points. Athens was Gallia Academy's first game of season and 3 of their starters just came out of football whole different team and a lot better.
Did GAHS have the Peck boy at that time ?

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

Peck play very little People don’t understand but Gallia Academy is better without Peck. It has taken them a few games to get how the coach wants them to play and they play 4 guards with Loveday and have a deep bench on any give night any of those players can be in double firgures. They have proven they can win when teams key on Loveday as they did against Ironton when Loveday score 0 points and Gallia Academy still won.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Zane Trace isn't Ironton.

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

Peck didn’t play against Zane Trace when Gallia Academy beat them in a scrimmage soundly every quarter and they play 12 quarters.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Toss-up game.
It will all come down to how Zane Trace plays on offense. There are numerous games that they have not come close to scoring 50 points this year.
They will play sticky defense though. That is why they are 14-6.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

It's T-Time play the games.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Depends on what ZT team shows up watched them a few times and seen both. I got to watch Gallia only once they looked pretty good that night. Not real sure how good Coal Grove was but this should be a good game.

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

12quarters don't mean anything in tournament time. It's the 4 you play in the tournament. Z T up set special.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

GAHSBB#1fan wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:05 pm Peck play very little People don’t understand but Gallia Academy is better without Peck. It has taken them a few games to get how the coach wants them to play and they play 4 guards with Loveday and have a deep bench on any give night any of those players can be in double firgures. They have proven they can win when teams key on Loveday as they did against Ironton when Loveday score 0 points and Gallia Academy still won.
better without peck lmao I am one of those people who don't understand then. you sound like a parent :lol:

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

I'm not saying Peck is not a good player Peck was a heck of a player what I was trying to say was with the style that Gallia Academy is wanting to play they are better without Peck because they are wanting to spread the floor and go inside to Loveday. Could have Peck helped this team the answer is yes and would he have made them a better team yes because they could have played different styles according to the teams they played. This is Loveday's team they will go far as Loveday can take them. And know I'm not a parent ,but just fan in the stands who loves basketball and loves to see the BIG BLUE WIN!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

you say they are better with peck and you say they are better without. I am still one of those that don't understand.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

I may be wrong but Harrison played loveday at the high post and peck on the low block but it doesn't matter he isn't on the team anymore.

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

Somebody was asking did Gallia had Peck back against Athens and Zane Trace I was referring to to the style they are playing now nothing more.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

If Zane Trace concentrates too much on Loveday inside, then the Blue Devils have several players (McClellan, Wiseman, etc.) that can knock down the 3 pointer. GAHS is a tough matchup defensively, because they have a balance of inside/outside offense. ZT can't shut down Loveday completely, his size will make some plays near the basket. He did hit a clutch 3 pointer vs. Portsmouth to send the game into OT.

The Blue Devils allowed Portsmouth too many 3 pointers(I think about 12) in GAHS's 71-68 2 OT win, which is interesting considering that the Trojans don't have a dominant post game, and with Loveday's ability to be a rim protector.

Not picking a winner, but GAHS has an excellent chance to make a long tourney run.
Last edited by trojandave on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I can explain the Peck thing this is easy as pie. Peck was a great basketball player. But when peck played this team gets very dragnet on offense. Because when ball went in to post. It Mavericks came back out. Also that offensive alignment clogged most of the driving lanes. Because of pecks conditioning he was a hinderence on the defense.

I will also say it is funny how people say Gallia plays 4 guards. Call, Thomas or Harrison neither one would consider themselves guards and I don’t know who would call them one. Pretty much same is true of wiseman. To me you only have 3 guards on that roster.

The blue devils have a lot of work to do in 3 games this week. I know coach Harrison has several things he would like to work on before the tourney on the defensive end.

On offensive end they just can’t rely on the 3 yes blue devils have kids that can shoot it. But when a team goes to a tight zone and we miss a couple of shots we need to attack zones.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Again, like I said before, it comes down to the Zane Trace offense. They disappear sometimes like second quarter in their loss tonight to Unioto. The Pioneers finish the regular season 15-7.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Gallia by 6

Return to “Boys Basketball”