Most Annoying Fans in SEO

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Most Annoying Fans in SEO

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:37 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:35 pm Also a good candidate for “most annoying fans in SEO”: the fans of a school participating in game one of a multi-game session (e.g. games at “the Convo”) that don’t leave their seats at the conclusion of their schools’ game in order to considerately make way for the fans of schools participating in games 2-4, especially with regards to the lower bowl.
Was that Warren? I remember they almost had a fight because they wouldn’t move. I can’t remember what D2 school that was
I wasn’t referring to any one school specifically. I didn’t see Warren play last year at the Convo when I went, and the last time I remember seeing them play at the Convo (in person) was when they played Logan Elm (it felt like there were 10,000 people in attendance that game.) Of course, this isn’t an issue specific to any one particular school: there’s probably like four or five fanbases, at least, that cause this problem in any given tournament season.

When I went last year, the incident I remember was Fairfield Union fans having a hard time getting into their seats for the district title game (vs Miami Trace) because there were so many holdovers from the two previous games that game. (In retrospect, I probably shouldn’t have shown up to the Convo with a broken arm considering how congested those aisleways and concourses got. LOL)

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The most annoying fans to me are the ones who just sit, won't clap, won't cheer, and hate on the ones like me that do. To me, supporting your team is giving vocal support, not sitting there like a tree stump. If you like silence, go to the opera house. I personally don't care what people think of me, I am there vocally supporting my Trojans, and at all levels, from junior high, to freshmen, JV, and varsity. I went to the Trojan girls tournament game last night and gave a lot of loud support for them. Even our student section's spirit at the Portsmouth home games for the most part has been pitiful.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

I LOVE Southern fans. They always think we cheat them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Why would Southern have to cheat against you. Lol

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

Basketball:30 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:23 pm
Gold and Blue wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:33 pm
ShoeHorn wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:14 pm

You are describing Alexander. They take up the first few rows on the visitor side then want to fist fight the away fans for cheering against their team.
Eastern Pike takes visitor front row seats. Not sure any fighting but still annoying.

Right on the money. The AD's at these schools need to implement a rule prohibiting their fans from doing this. The worst places for this, in no particular order, are:

Eastern Pike
Alexander
West Union
Vinton County
Unioto

Portsmouth used to be like this until they changed their seating arrangement.
At Vinton County there just isn’t enough seating when the home side is filled by home team fans we have nowhere else to sit

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

trojandave wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:04 pm The most annoying fans to me are the ones who just sit, won't clap, won't cheer, and hate on the ones like me that do. To me, supporting your team is giving vocal support, not sitting there like a tree stump. If you like silence, go to the opera house. I personally don't care what people think of me, I am there vocally supporting my Trojans, and at all levels, from junior high, to freshmen, JV, and varsity. I went to the Trojan girls tournament game last night and gave a lot of loud support for them. Even our student section's spirit at the Portsmouth home games for the most part has been pitiful.
Preach

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

mlittle wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:33 am
trojandave wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:04 pm The most annoying fans to me are the ones who just sit, won't clap, won't cheer, and hate on the ones like me that do. To me, supporting your team is giving vocal support, not sitting there like a tree stump. If you like silence, go to the opera house. I personally don't care what people think of me, I am there vocally supporting my Trojans, and at all levels, from junior high, to freshmen, JV, and varsity. I went to the Trojan girls tournament game last night and gave a lot of loud support for them. Even our student section's spirit at the Portsmouth home games for the most part has been pitiful.
Preach
Students and fans don’t realize how much of an impact a “home court advantage” has on the team

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The Flash wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:49 am
Preach
Students and fans don’t realize how much of an impact a “home court advantage” has on the team

After we played ZT at home and beat them by 2 my son said the most memorable part of the game was how loud the crowd was. Said it was deafening! It's hard to create that every game but people just don't realize the impact it has.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

The best fan base as far as creating a hostile environment to me is Warren. Something about the Warrior Dome just amplified sound so well and it’s always packed

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

mlittle wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:54 am
The Flash wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:49 am

Preach

After we played ZT at home and beat them by 2 my son said the most memorable part of the game was how loud the crowd was. Said it was deafening! It's hard to create that every game but people just don't realize the impact it has.
I wisk that kind of atmosphere could be created at all of the Red Streaks games. I know I tried to do what little bit i could.

Return to “Boys Basketball”