SVC all league predictions

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SVC all league predictions

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol, no way PV has close to same record without Swingle. That’s just crazy.

I’d vote Swack, if Perdue gets Co POY I’d be cool with that also

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Perdue does all of those things that you are describing without the superior talent around him. I would assume the only reason he doesn't play PG is because he is the tallest starter at 6'0". He averages like 10 rebounds 3 steals and 3 assists. He can guard all 5 positions.

Swingle stats would be even more astronomical but I've seen them 8-10 times over the past four years and he's usually at the high post. Never quite understood that.

You can't double team Swackhammer. Swingle and Perdue are facing it every game.

Pfloyd,

If Swingle was on Unioto and Swackhammer was on PV how do you think the records differ? I would say Unioto would be undefeated. PV would be comparable current record.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Looking at Unioto schedule. Chillicothe would probably be a loss without Swackhammer so I would say 16-3

PV-3-5 wins without Swingle?
Piketon-4-6 wins without Perdue?

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

I'm convinced! Swackhammer shouldn't even be Honorable Mention. Heck, why does he even get playing time for Coach Hoops? I'm going to Londonderry tomorrow to take our case against Swackhammer playing to Coach Hoops, I'm sure he'll agree with the others here.

Maybe all of those scholarship offers he had were just a figment of everyone's imagination, I mean, those college coaches don't know more than some keyboard warriors, right? He's only getting them because of his teammates.

(Don't take his as a slight to his teammates, who are outstanding, which is why they are such a good team)
Last edited by HamPorter on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

All 3 are great players.
I do not think the Swackhammer should win IMO.
I agree with one of the posters above. If you switch Swackhammer and Swingle, Unioto would probably be a Regional contender. PV would be lucky to go .500.
I have seen Swackhammer play all 4 years and he’s good. But honestly, he’s a product of his team. Mccluskey(sp) at Huntington is nearly as good as Swackhammer but you don’t hear anything about him. You know why? His team is awful. Unioto is loaded in the SVC and he is a product of a great system. You know who’s not a very good team? Pv. That team is just downright bad. Imagine if swingle had a PG like Swackhammer or Mccluksey. He would average 35ppg no doubt. His teammates literally have trouble getting him the ball.
IMO. Swingle is the POY and tomorrow night he’s gonna go break the all the time scoring record and has a shot at the Ross County record in the next few weeks. Not a debate in my opinion.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:20 am All 3 are great players.
I do not think the Swackhammer should win IMO.
I agree with one of the posters above. If you switch Swackhammer and Swingle, Unioto would probably be a Regional contender. PV would be lucky to go .500.
I have seen Swackhammer play all 4 years and he’s good. But honestly, he’s a product of his team. Mccluskey(sp) at Huntington is nearly as good as Swackhammer but you don’t hear anything about him. You know why? His team is awful. Unioto is loaded in the SVC and he is a product of a great system. You know who’s not a very good team? Pv. That team is just downright bad. Imagine if swingle had a PG like Swackhammer or Mccluksey. He would average 35ppg no doubt. His teammates literally have trouble getting him the ball.
IMO. Swingle is the POY and tomorrow night he’s gonna go break the all the time scoring record and has a shot at the Ross County record in the next few weeks. Not a debate in my opinion.
Making sure I quote this so it doesn't get edited, because this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on here.

Swingle is really good, has a nice touch and great footwork.

McCloskey is a fine player, but I personally think that there is a rather sizable gap between the two guards.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

..... there is not a sizeable gap difference in these two guards. Don’t let the “team” Huntington puts on the hardwood distract you from how athletic and good Mccluskey is. My buddy and I took in the PV game this week and we looked at each other more than once and said “this is one of he worst teams we have watched.” In the middle of the awfulness is a kid who if you switched him and swack, would not miss a beat on that U team. And Swackhammer would get lost in Huntington’s awfulness.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This thread is getting silly. Splitting hairs a bit for sure. No one knows how any team would be if they switched or weren’t there or whatever, too many factors.

Very fortunate to have 3 players of such talent, hope you enjoyed watching them all.

For fun.....nah, I better not. :D

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

anybody that has one bad thing to say about Swackhammers game or only crediting his team for his success obviously has zero basketball sense and are just on here to start an idiotic argument. I would argue that if Swackhammer played on a worse team his numbers would be even more gaudy. whos to say Swackhammer isn't the one behind the scenes pushing his teammates to be great in the offseason, in the weight room, in the gym? I'd also argue that Unioto isn't near as good if u take him off that team. That's a 14-8 15-7 team without him easily. With that being said I think Perdue should get it

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:39 am This thread is getting silly. Splitting hairs a bit for sure. No one knows how any team would be if they switched or weren’t there or whatever, too many factors.

Very fortunate to have 3 players of such talent, hope you enjoyed watching them all.

For fun.....nah, I better not. :D
80% of these threads turn silly and I've also noticed in my short time here that 100% of any thread that has anything to do with Athens turns silly.

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:01 pm
Roger Mink wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:16 pm I have watched a lot of SVC basketball over the last 10 years. I think Swackhammer is similar to Evan Legg. He can control tempo and a game by scoring, passing, leadership, by being an incredible all around player. He is, in my opinion, the best player in the league. Swingle is a rare BIG man. He has great hands and the ability to hit mid range shots and the occasional 3 ball. Been a joy to watch for four years. Congrats on what will soon be a league best scoring record. I have only seen film on Perdue until Friday night. He is the best scorer in the league. Great athlete and carries a team on his shoulders. My vote, which means nothing lol, is.

1. Swackhammer
2. Swingle
3. Perdue
I'll trust the former Westfall HC who has no dog in this.
Funny thing is, if I ranked the teams that I have disliked in the past, nothing about individuals, just bummed they were so good.

1.unioto
2. Piketon

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

AnkleBraces wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:24 pm Perdue does all of those things that you are describing without the superior talent around him. I would assume the only reason he doesn't play PG is because he is the tallest starter at 6'0". He averages like 10 rebounds 3 steals and 3 assists. He can guard all 5 positions.

Swingle stats would be even more astronomical but I've seen them 8-10 times over the past four years and he's usually at the high post. Never quite understood that.

You can't double team Swackhammer. Swingle and Perdue are facing it every game.

Pfloyd,

If Swingle was on Unioto and Swackhammer was on PV how do you think the records differ? I would say Unioto would be undefeated. PV would be comparable current record.
I know u asked Pfloyd but even with Swingle and no PG, unioto loses to Logan bigger. Swack on PV beats them that night when pv was up 15.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

I can remember when people used to try to make the same arguments about an old NBA guy who played in the windy city and wore #23....LOL

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I would be surprised if Dylan Swingle- averaging , 23 points, 13.4 rebounds, 3 assist a night with a minimum of 2 people hanging on him and arguably the best player to ever come out of this conference is not POY.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Dylan Swingle as good as he is, is NOT has good as he CAN, COULD have been ... to be as good as he COULD HAVE BEEN he NEEDS others to get him the ball where he CAN BE dominant - he doesn't have that ... he doesn't have the coaching staff that has made THAT a priority for whatever reason ... Tanner Perdue IS the best scorer in the league and maybe even the SE District - when I have seen him play I have written down key words to remind after the game what impression players give me at a moment in the game - I looked back at my napkin stats ... I had "smooth", "unselfish" ,"scorer", "doesn't force himself on the game" - he is outstanding , he HAS taken over games this year with his offensive talent and ability ... TP is more valuable than Swingle has been this season ... I would place Tanner Perdue at the #2 spot ... that brings me back to Logan Swackhammer - the PG is the most important position in high school hoops ... when you think of a PG you think of someone who is a "coach on the floor", the "general", THE person who gets the others involved offensively, distributes the ball, handles the ball - takes opposing teams out of full court pressure due to the ball handling abilities of the PG, makes opponents pay IF they continue to apply pressure due the PG's ability to break pressure and transition to offense at the other end AND finish either by passing the ball or finishing on his own - IF you (you being a team) are lucky enough to have THAT guy , YOU (TEAM) is ecstatic ! you have a keeper ... Swack IS that guy ... oh but wait ... there ARE the PG's who are more than THAT court general ... they are a player that opposing teams have to account for at the offensive end because the PG can also drop a twenty+ spot on you if you think they only get others involved, they only get the ball to the bigs, the scorers where they need to get it ... SWACK is THAT guy too ... ohhhh but wait ... some , very few teams in ALL of Ohio, have a PG who can also look at a game situation , decide that TEAM needs more than what the team is capable of doing, due to the opposition, THAT guy KNOWS he has the talent, the ability to put TEAM on his shoulders and take the TEAM further, bring the TEAM back - a defensive steal for a dunk to change momentum, a 25 foot triple not once but 2 times in a row to force the opposing team to call a TO, the ability to draw the defense out, then put the ball on the floor - get to the rim, or get into the paint & dish ... Swack IS that guy ... the player of the year is the guy who not only makes TEAM better , he has the talent, the ability (scoring, passing,defense) to affect the outcome of the game with his presence on the court - my guess Swack's presence on the court has been on average real close to 32 minutes per game for the season ... Swack IS the total PG package - talent scoring wise inside/outside ... his build is a perfect defensive build for high school, length/size on the perimeter to have an advantage vs the best the opponent can put out on the perimeter ... he IS a leader - TEAM listens when he talks, he does what he preaches , works his butt off on the court and off the court , he HAS matured as a player from year one to year 4 ... his decision making with the ball is proof of his maturity imo ... and yes Swack has "IT" - you can call it what ever you want - an "edge", "cocky" ... THIS attitude IS what separates the good from the outstanding imo ... a PG, THE GUY that runs the show has to have "IT" the attitude that "I am better than you, anyone who is trying to guard me, anyone who I am guarding" ... I will beat you, my TEAM will beat your team ... that may be cocky BUT it is also the attitude that makes winners - makes a player when TEAM loses go in an look at film and figure out what HE could have done different to have made the outcome different , it's the cockiness that makes him push himself AND others to be not just as good as they can be BUT better than they can be ... it is that "I'm never satisfied attitude that makes Swack look to improve every time he steps on the court " ... he makes his TEAM what it is - outstanding ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

So..... pfloyd, who you like for POY? 😀

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

pfloyd needs to have his computer checked out, it looks like the letters M,A,E, and T are stuck on all caps 🤣

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

BBALL99 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:27 pm pfloyd needs to have his computer checked out, it looks like the letters M,A,E, and T are stuck on all caps 🤣
... might be that no matter which direction you spell it TEAM wins ... t ... e....a....m - does not ...

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

You are right. Way to many TEAMS out there who play ME ball.

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

After watching Piketon court level last night, I stick with my earlier rankings of:
1.Swack
2.Swingle
3.Perdue

Perdue is a very good athlete and scorer. Not sure if he has college looks but see him at the branch school level. Ball handling would need much improved to play higher. There have been a lot of great SVC players that could not play at the next level. After coaching some in college, its easy to see athletes everywhere that are much better than the svc talent. Put all 3 players against the D1 schools in Columbus. Swack is the only one that would have very similar numbers.

Return to “Boys Basketball”