SVC all league predictions

mlittle
SEOP

SVC all league predictions

Post by mlittle »

Just wanting to get some predictions from some of the followers of the svc. All league 1st 2nd 3rd team and maybe a few honorable mentions. POY and COY. I'll throw out my list.

1st team

Perdue
Swackhammer
Swingle
Beam
Kennedy

2nd team

Fisher
Hill
Fout
Newland
Evans

3rd team

Mcclosky
Ruby
Hartman
Odell
Nesser

COY I'd have to give to Hoops.

POY Perdue from Piketon. I still think it's tight with him and Swackhammer but Seeing Perdue night in and night out and what he means to this team I'm giving him the edge. Piketon would struggle to be a 500 team without him.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SVC all league predictions

Post by Ironman92 »

Hope this thread goes better than the TVC POY thread

I sure wish each name listed had their school in parenthesis

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I'll repost with schools

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

1st team

Perdue (Piketon)
Swackhammer (Unioto)
Swingle (PV)
Beam (ZT)
Kennedy (Unioto)

2nd team

Fisher (Unioto)
Hill (Unioto)
Fout (Adena)
Newland (PV)
Evans (ZT)

3rd team

Mcclosky (Hunt)
Ruby (SE)
Hartman (SE)
Odell (ZT)
Nesser (ZT)

COY Hoops (Unioto)
POY Perdue (Piketon)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thanks

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I think you're on the right track overall. I'd also toss out a second from Piketon or Adena. The numbers would go in the Adena way, but Piketon finishing in 3rd could give them a second even without great stats. Nunemaker from Westfall could be another name to consider.

I'll make the case for Swackhammer to be POY. Leader in Assists and steals, top 3 scorer. Totally makes things run for Unioto. What hurts him is that he's got some outstanding teammates too, but if you add in his assists with his PPG, he's accounting for over 31 PPG (and more if you consider 3's, but I just did 2's on Assists).

I know you don't want to say that it is a career award, but if Unioto wins both game this weekend, he'll have been 56-0 in the SVC in his career. In the end, I think Swingle will win it though.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:41 pm I think you're on the right track overall. I'd also toss out a second from Piketon or Adena. The numbers would go in the Adena way, but Piketon finishing in 3rd could give them a second even without great stats. Nunemaker from Westfall could be another name to consider.

I'll make the case for Swackhammer to be POY. Leader in Assists and steals, top 3 scorer. Totally makes things run for Unioto. What hurts him is that he's got some outstanding teammates too, but if you add in his assists with his PPG, he's accounting for over 31 PPG (and more if you consider 3's, but I just did 2's on Assists).

I know you don't want to say that it is a career award, but if Unioto wins both game this weekend, he'll have been 56-0 in the SVC in his career. In the end, I think Swingle will win it though.
I almost put Blanton in on 3rd team just for that reason. I agree with what you're saying. Swackhammer is a stud and an absolute winner. Any of those top 3 are deserving.

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

I have watched a lot of SVC basketball over the last 10 years. I think Swackhammer is similar to Evan Legg. He can control tempo and a game by scoring, passing, leadership, by being an incredible all around player. He is, in my opinion, the best player in the league. Swingle is a rare BIG man. He has great hands and the ability to hit mid range shots and the occasional 3 ball. Been a joy to watch for four years. Congrats on what will soon be a league best scoring record. I have only seen film on Perdue until Friday night. He is the best scorer in the league. Great athlete and carries a team on his shoulders. My vote, which means nothing lol, is.

1. Swackhammer
2. Swingle
3. Perdue

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

I know this won't sound fair at all and punishes the player, but I really doubt if the coaches would give Player of the Year to Perdue being a one year player in the conference.

If Perdue is POY I can see it being Co with Swackhammer or Tri with those two and Swingle.

I do know that all 3 are great and deserving of such an honor.

crashdavis188
Riding the Bench

Post by crashdavis188 »

Purdue is actually a 2year SVC player, he played his frosh year at Piketon.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 pm Just wanting to get some predictions from some of the followers of the svc. All league 1st 2nd 3rd team and maybe a few honorable mentions. POY and COY. I'll throw out my list.

1st team

Perdue
Swackhammer
Swingle
Beam
Kennedy

2nd team

Fisher
Hill
Fout
Newland
Evans

3rd team

Mcclosky
Ruby
Hartman
Odell
Nesser

COY I'd have to give to Hoops.

POY Perdue from Piketon. I still think it's tight with him and Swackhammer but Seeing Perdue night in and night out and what he means to this team I'm giving him the edge. Piketon would struggle to be a 500 team without him.
There's no question about it, Piketon wouldn't be a .500 without him.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Neither Piketon nor Paint Valley would be as good as they are without those two guys. I think Perdue deserves it, but Seingle is a monster. Swackhammer will win it though.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Swackhammer should be player of the year. Yes he has the best teammates around him, but that also creates less chances than the other 2.

I won't be upset if it ends up being Perdue or Swingle though. All 3 have had great years.

I will say that Perdue bouncing between schools probably won't help him.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

HamPorter wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:58 pm Swackhammer should be player of the year. Yes he has the best teammates around him, but that also creates less chances than the other 2.

I won't be upset if it ends up being Perdue or Swingle though. All 3 have had great years.

I will say that Perdue bouncing between schools probably won't help him.
I would hope bouncing between schools wouldn't effect anything. This isn't about last year or two years ago, this is about this year and this one year alone.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

If they look at POY like MVP I think you have to get the edge to Perdue or Swingle. Since they split head to head I would go CO-POY. Unioto probably still wins the SVC without Swack (you could argue ZT). Fisher is the most underrated player I've seen in awhile. If he played for Adena/Huntington/Westfall I think he would have had some 20/20 games.

I'd have to give the edge to Perdue from the games I saw against Unioto. I looked up his stats and he's shooting 55% at 6'0" tall. That's incredible for a guard. In comparison Swingle shoots like 60% at 7'0". Perdue is near or at the top PPG in the state according to maxpreps. 10 reb a game at 6'0". Around 3 steals and assists a game. He scored 37 against ZT and I saw they only give up like 42 ppg. As smurray said it should be about this year. Otherwise it's Swingle hands down when he takes over the SVC all time scoring list. Swackhammer shoots 25% from 3 and is passing to 3 guys that shoot over 50% from the field and are all league caliber players.

Regardless of POY, I think all with receive great honors in the district and state.

1st team

Swingle and Perdue (CO-POY)
Swackhammer (U)
Fisher (U)
Evans (ZT) without him I think ZT struggles at guard

2nd

Newland (PV)
Beam (ZT)
Kennedy (U)
Fout (AD)
McCloskey (H)

3rd

Hill (U)
Davidson (ZT)
Blanton (P)
Hartman (SE)
Ruby (SE)

Honorable mention

Garrison (AD)
Beeler (H)
Nunemaker (WF)
McFadden (PV)

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

I think Perdue should be Player of the year, but then people could make the argument about Swingle and Swackhammer. I say they give it to all 3 players instead of just one since all 3 are deserving.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Unioto is 17-2. Piketon is 16-5. Paint Valley is 14-7. If you swap Swackhammer for either Perdue or Swingle, Unioto is at least 17-2. Piketon and Paint Valley might get to their current records, but, in my opinion, probably not. The same abundance of talent that ‘limits’ Swackhammers individual numbers is the same talent that makes him look so good. He brings an abundance of cockiness/arrogance that the other two don’t display. I think he gets the award, but the other two are more deserving.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mikepike wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:35 pm Unioto is 17-2. Piketon is 16-5. Paint Valley is 14-7. If you swap Swackhammer for either Perdue or Swingle, Unioto is at least 17-2. Piketon and Paint Valley might get to their current records, but, in my opinion, probably not. The same abundance of talent that ‘limits’ Swackhammers individual numbers is the same talent that makes him look so good. He brings an abundance of cockiness/arrogance that the other two don’t display. I think he gets the award, but the other two are more deserving.
Lol, grow up. If Swackhammer played for anyone other than Unioto, you wouldn't say something like that about an 18 year old kid. I hope you've watched him this year, because any of that arrogance he might have had in the past is gone. He's matured on and off the court greatly and has been really fun to watch. The insane amount of hours that Swackhammer and Kennedy have put into their games have really paid off for them in their careers and being able to play at the next level. I don't care if I'm someone close to the program, no reason to attack a kid unless you've got some major issues.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Roger Mink wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:16 pm I have watched a lot of SVC basketball over the last 10 years. I think Swackhammer is similar to Evan Legg. He can control tempo and a game by scoring, passing, leadership, by being an incredible all around player. He is, in my opinion, the best player in the league. Swingle is a rare BIG man. He has great hands and the ability to hit mid range shots and the occasional 3 ball. Been a joy to watch for four years. Congrats on what will soon be a league best scoring record. I have only seen film on Perdue until Friday night. He is the best scorer in the league. Great athlete and carries a team on his shoulders. My vote, which means nothing lol, is.

1. Swackhammer
2. Swingle
3. Perdue
I'll trust the former Westfall HC who has no dog in this.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:51 pm
mikepike wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:35 pm Unioto is 17-2. Piketon is 16-5. Paint Valley is 14-7. If you swap Swackhammer for either Perdue or Swingle, Unioto is at least 17-2. Piketon and Paint Valley might get to their current records, but, in my opinion, probably not. The same abundance of talent that ‘limits’ Swackhammers individual numbers is the same talent that makes him look so good. He brings an abundance of cockiness/arrogance that the other two don’t display. I think he gets the award, but the other two are more deserving.
Lol, grow up. If Swackhammer played for anyone other than Unioto, you wouldn't say something like that about an 18 year old kid. I hope you've watched him this year, because any of that arrogance he might have had in the past is gone. He's matured on and off the court greatly and has been really fun to watch. The insane amount of hours that Swackhammer and Kennedy have put into their games have really paid off for them in their careers and being able to play at the next level. I don't care if I'm someone close to the program, no reason to attack a kid unless you've got some major issues.
I love it when people stick up for kids in here! I do the same for Piketon kids whether I'm right or wrong. But Danic you are right. SWACKHAMMER is good!! I love players who play with attitude, have a chip on their shoulder and don't take poop from anyone! As a matter of fact I'm trying to groom one of those right now! Swackhammer is as deserving as a player ever has been for POY. Hard to say as a Piketon guy but you can make an argument for all three kids.

Return to “Boys Basketball”