SVC all league predictions

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Re: SVC all league predictions

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Happy with the award selection. Both are very deserving.
I would have been extremely upset if Swingle was left out. They made the right decision IMO.

Swingle goes for the all time scoring record in Ross County this week. Only needs 12pts

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

2 very deserving players. Someone always gets left out with these awards and it sucks that it was Tanner P. This year! He's definitely Piketon's MVP, POY do it all player and in the end there is nothing wrong with that at all! We're all behind u! Thank you for everything you've given us this year!

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Not that I agree with it, but Perdue being at Western last two years killed any chance he had at POY.

waterhog82
Waterboy

Post by waterhog82 »

Shame on the PV coach for posting this stuff. Not supposed to be public knowledge until mid week. Stay off of social media with this stuff and allow coaches the time to meet with their teams to discuss it. Very poor judgement!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

waterhog82 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:15 pm Shame on the PV coach for posting this stuff. Not supposed to be public knowledge until mid week. Stay off of social media with this stuff and allow coaches the time to meet with their teams to discuss it. Very poor judgement!
I figured this was an issue.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

waterhog82 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:15 pm Shame on the PV coach for posting this stuff. Not supposed to be public knowledge until mid week. Stay off of social media with this stuff and allow coaches the time to meet with their teams to discuss it. Very poor judgement!
(smh) ...

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

This is a recurring theme with this coach. Wants everything to be about him. Yes ... it is unfortunate that this information was not released at the correct time.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Being the best player in a below average league, something to be proud of!

waterhog82
Waterboy

Post by waterhog82 »

king kong wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:15 pm Being the best player in a below average league, something to be proud of!
Several college coaches seem to think so. Get a life.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

king kong wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:15 pm Being the best player in a below average league, something to be proud of!
King Kong of all D-Bags.

ScottSmith
Waterboy

Post by ScottSmith »

Perdue being at western the last two years has nothing to do with it! It's player of the year not player of the last 3 or 4 years! Not trying to take anything away from Swingle or Swackhammer.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ridiculous post

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I agree with the last couple posters. There shouldn't be attacks on the kids. It is not the kid’s fault that his coach is classless.

Let’s not turn this into a negative for the kid.

waterhog82
Waterboy

Post by waterhog82 »

The kid is a class act. He is deserving of every award he wins.

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

First of all, want to say congradulations to both Ross County-SVC conference POY’s Swingle and Swackhammer. Hard to take anything away from there games. We all knew here on Camp Creek in the preseason how these cards were gonna fall, just listen to SVC podcasters and see The Chillicothe Gazelle’s preseason talk. With Coach Excusemaker, nothing surprises me.

Gonna run up to Smart Mart tomorrow and pick up some hardwire to send up to them as a parting gift from all the Ross co-SVC conference.

As for my choice of POY, Tanner Perdue, what a year! If I recall, preseason no one but Jolie Billingsworth gave him and his TEAM a chance. All he did was lead his team to 17-5 record, #1 seed, led the state in scoring most of the year, didn’t play 4th quarter 5-6 games, averaged a double-double putting up games with 38, 37, 34...oh, was double teamed and tripled at times like the big guy—mind you he’s 6’0feet tall... so anyone who thinks he isn’t capable of being POY is half a bologna sandwich short of a picnic. From what I’ve heard at the Riverside diner, Perdue getting multiple looks at the next level himself. Just want him to know if he ever wants to suit up CCC pole-dancers in a Gust Mackerel down the road, he’s welcome to join us!

Good luck to all the Pike County SVC teams in the torment! Show em boys! Go Streaks!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

In shoemakers defense he probably doesn't have many Facebook friends so he probably thought the news was safe.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 pm First of all, want to say congradulations to both Ross County-SVC conference POY’s Swingle and Swackhammer. Hard to take anything away from there games. We all knew here on Camp Creek in the preseason how these cards were gonna fall, just listen to SVC podcasters and see The Chillicothe Gazelle’s preseason talk. With Coach Excusemaker, nothing surprises me.

Gonna run up to Smart Mart tomorrow and pick up some hardwire to send up to them as a parting gift from all the Ross co-SVC conference.

As for my choice of POY, Tanner Perdue, what a year! If I recall, preseason no one but Jolie Billingsworth gave him and his TEAM a chance. All he did was lead his team to 17-5 record, #1 seed, led the state in scoring most of the year, didn’t play 4th quarter 5-6 games, averaged a double-double putting up games with 38, 37, 34...oh, was double teamed and tripled at times like the big guy—mind you he’s 6’0feet tall... so anyone who thinks he isn’t capable of being POY is half a bologna sandwich short of a picnic. From what I’ve heard at the Riverside diner, Perdue getting multiple looks at the next level himself. Just want him to know if he ever wants to suit up CCC pole-dancers in a Gust Mackerel down the road, he’s welcome to join us!

Good luck to all the Pike County SVC teams in the torment! Show em boys! Go Streaks!
Are we going by max preps on the states top scorers? According to that site 11 players in Ohio averaged over 20 ppg....that’s clearly not even close. Probably 7 or so just in SE district

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Maxpreps has a total of 11 SE district players at 10.0 ppg or better. Apparently 4 of the top 8 scorers in the district play for Miller

Unioto
Piketon
West Union
Miller

Only 4 teams that have players in our district at 10 ppg or higher

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

ScottSmith wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:05 pm Perdue being at western the last two years has nothing to do with it! It's player of the year not player of the last 3 or 4 years! Not trying to take anything away from Swingle or Swackhammer.
I didn't say it was right, just saying no way these coaches go with a kid who essentially played one year in the conference.

Return to “Boys Basketball”