Jackson 75 Alexander 72... 2 OT

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Jackson 75 Alexander 72... 2 OT

Post by Ironman92 »

What a great great game. Most enjoyable game all season IMO. These two teams battled and battled and battled. Hats off to the Alexander team, those kids could all play for Jackson as well. Very similar I thought. It was higher scoring but I thought a ton of great 1/2 court defense and a great amount of big shots hit over good defense....especially by Alexander. Alex had 4 kids in double figures. I don’t know all the names but Mecum was excellent, #20 great defense and good post player, #15 hit some tough tough shots. Kearns (sp)...ice shooter like his Dad who was BMOC at Rio during my youth basketball camp days.

As for the Ironmen....6 players in double figures and they just keep bringing in. Spohn just relentless on defense and added his share of offense with 13 points. Cooper Donaldson was the master of making himself either really small or really long and had another big night with I think 17. Senior Peyton Speakman was excellent all game and really stepping up big of late. He drilled 2 ft in double OT and was first Jackson player all night to do so. I think he had 11. PG Caleb Wallis plays as hard as anyone and made some big plays after regulation and ended with 10 or 11. Sophomore Caden Donaldson did a great job of being where he needs to be and unassumingly gets 10 points and plays spot on defense. Kid is sneaky good. Freshman Treylan Davis has been a big late game player lately and did it again tonight. I think 11 points and big defense on #20. I thought Coach Morrow and staff made great adjustments and great usage of timeouts. Jackson now 14-7 and will venture to the Burg for a final regular season game Saturday . Most wins in a season since our coach was a senior Ironmen player in 2005.

Best of luck to Alexander! Has Terry been out long? How do they play differently with him in there? Really enjoyed the Alexander team. Their style could be dangerous in the tournament. I also love their great variety with their coaching staff. Where else can you find a coaching staff that has a 5’5 a 6’5 and a 7’5?

Props to the refs as well. We yelled at you some but the best officiated game all year I thought. Yeah each side hated a few calls but I would take that every game every year.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

bc181700
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson 75 Alexander 72... 2 OT

Post by bc181700 »

I completely agree, what a game!
Essentially, I mimic your thoughts I92, and would add this:
-Wow, I’m curious as to Alex’s 3-pt % in the first 3Q (not that 4Q was bad, just the first 3 seemed almost perfect behind the arc)?
-How about those last 2 mins of regulation?!? What a battle! Not to mention ALL of 2OTs!
-Treylan Davis, showed some amazing post moves and post presence, in general. And that D on #20 was very fundamentally sound! Kudos to the young man.

Just a phenomenal game to take in, both teams played very well!

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

burg game is saturday i believe

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Great recap

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:55 pm What a great great game. Most enjoyable game all season IMO. These two teams battled and battled and battled. Hats off to the Alexander team, those kids could all play for Jackson as well. Very similar I thought. It was higher scoring but I thought a ton of great 1/2 court defense and a great amount of big shots hit over good defense....especially by Alexander. Alex had 4 kids in double figures. I don’t know all the names but Mecum was excellent, #20 great defense and good post player, #15 hit some tough tough shots. Kearns (sp)...ice shooter like his Dad who was BMOC at Rio during my youth basketball camp days.

As for the Ironmen....6 players in double figures and they just keep bringing in. Spohn just relentless on defense and added his share of offense with 13 points. Cooper Donaldson was the master of making himself either really small or really long and had another big night with I think 17. Senior Peyton Speakman was excellent all game and really stepping up big of late. He drilled 2 ft in double OT and was first Jackson player all night to do so. I think he had 11. PG Caleb Wallis plays as hard as anyone and made some big plays after regulation and ended with 10 or 11. Sophomore Caden Donaldson did a great job of being where he needs to be and unassumingly gets 10 points and plays spot on defense. Kid is sneaky good. Freshman Treylan Davis has been a big late game player lately and did it again tonight. I think 11 points and big defense on #20. I thought Coach Morrow and staff made great adjustments and great usage of timeouts. Jackson now 14-7 and will venture to the Burg for a final regular season game Friday. Most wins in a season since our coach was a senior Ironmen player in 2005.

Best of luck to Alexander! Has Terry been out long? How do they play differently with him in there? Really enjoyed the Alexander team. Their style could be dangerous in the tournament. I also love their great variety with their coaching staff. Where else can you find a coaching staff that has a 5’5 a 6’5 and a 7’5?

Props to the refs as well. We yelled at you some but the best officiated game all year I thought. Yeah each side hated a few calls but I would take that every game every year.
The shorter coach has a bright future ahead of him. Played point guard at Lancaster HS. Good student of the game.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

It was a great game. The people I was sitting with did not know why Caleb was not playing. We hope everything is OK with him for the tournament run. The mecum boy has had a great year and should be considered for all tcv second team.

Stone is getting back to full speed and play just a great game last night. The more JK can shoot the better our chances are at scoring.

Our coaching staff is interesting to look at. It bus always funny to see coach Hill next to coach Terry.

Return to “Boys Basketball”