Player of the Year for TVC Hocking

Kendog029
Freshman Team

Re: Player of the Year for TVC Hocking

Post by Kendog029 »

Sportsfan3218 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:35 am You do realize that there is more to the game of basketball then shooting? Lol. Yeah I will give you he is better shooter...didn’t know that made you best ever at Trimble or better then either of those two names haha.
I would agree with this! No doubt Hixson is a phenomenal offensive player. However his size and lack of defense would hurt him in any all time great discussion.

TheGarageClub
Waterboy

Post by TheGarageClub »

Sportsfan3218 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:08 pm Hixon is poy in hocking this year. I would not agree he is best hocking has seen in some time. I would take Guthrie from Trimble which graduated two years ago over hixon. Welch from Waterford was also really good and I would take him over hixon as well. Welch just never has the big scoring numbers due to the talent he was surrounded by but he could take over a game. Guthrie could also take over a game and was surrounded by tons of talent. Those are just the last two poy I would take over hixon. But hixon is good and has led his team and is hard working young man. Don’t want to take anything from him.
Can’t campare Guthrie to him. Nor Weltch. Neither of them are playing this year are they?? Hands down no one even close Hixon is POY. Let’s just hope he didn’t get screwed like guthrie did. My vote is for hixon. And it counts.

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

I said it once and I will say it again Hixson is the best the hocking has seen for a long time I didn't say forever

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

So many great players have played for the Tomcats over the years. Randy will go down as one of the best. Trying to rank such players is just stupid though and virtually impossible.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Sportsfan3218 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:08 pm Hixon is poy in hocking this year. I would not agree he is best hocking has seen in some time. I would take Guthrie from Trimble which graduated two years ago over hixon. Welch from Waterford was also really good and I would take him over hixon as well. Welch just never has the big scoring numbers due to the talent he was surrounded by but he could take over a game. Guthrie could also take over a game and was surrounded by tons of talent. Those are just the last two poy I would take over hixon. But hixon is good and has led his team and is hard working young man. Don’t want to take anything from him.
Guthrie didn't win POY

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman2011 »

91blue14 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:43 am
Guthrie didn't win POY
You’re right, some kid from south gallia won it. Don’t know how though but he did. But why are we talking about past players? Hixson is POY hands down no questions asked.

Return to “Boys Basketball”