SEOPS HOF

Re: Warren @ Logan 2/16

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan wins 75-56

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Wow, thought Warriors could hang with Logan. Impressive win for Logan, Congrats to them.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Big Chiefs

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

Logan is the real deal, Warren, not horrible but NO LOGAN. Big bad blue down...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

JustusLeague wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:25 am Logan is the real deal, Warren, not horrible but NO LOGAN. Big bad blue down...
... so a team is "down" if they lose to a team that shoots 69.7%/70% from the field FOR THE GAME ? ... or try this one on for size the team that LOST shot 56% from the field in a losing effort - THAT makes THEM down ??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wow that is incredible floyd! :o Seems like everytime the announcers called a Logan shot it went in. The Bell kid was out of his mind !

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Warren has very good team and when you shoot over 50% you almost always win . They have great Kids and are well coached . 3 very competitive games with the Chiefs taking the Freshman and Varsity and the Warriors taking the JV . Good talent at all three levels for both teams . Great atmosphere for SEO Hoops . Great crowd . Big turn out by Chieftain Nation . Logan side packed and almost half the Visitor packed with either purple or White .( This was white out night) Warriors had a very nice following as well . What else can you say , Oh by the way Best popcorn and the coney dogs were great . Nice job on the Senior night activities . Good luck to both teams in the Tournament .

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:39 pm
JustusLeague wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:25 am Logan is the real deal, Warren, not horrible but NO LOGAN. Big bad blue down...
... so a team is "down" if they lose to a team that shoots 69.7%/70% from the field FOR THE GAME ? ... or try this one on for size the team that LOST shot 56% from the field in a losing effort - THAT makes THEM down ??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Big Bad Blue is not down , Shooting 56% and the winning team shooting almost 70% at any level is unheard of . This tells me they were selective in their shots and made the extra pass or 2 to get what look they wanted . If both teams continue shooting the ball that well they will be a hard out . Not a bad loss for Warren . This should help them in the Tourney.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain Fan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:05 pm Warren has very good team and when you shoot over 50% you almost always win . They have great Kids and are well coached . 3 very competitive games with the Chiefs taking the Freshman and Varsity and the Warriors taking the JV . Good talent at all three levels for both teams . Great atmosphere for SEO Hoops . Great crowd . Big turn out by Chieftain Nation . Logan side packed and almost half the Visitor packed with either purple or White .( This was white out night) Warriors had a very nice following as well . What else can you say , Oh by the way Best popcorn and the coney dogs were great . Nice job on the Senior night activities . Good luck to both teams in the Tournament .

... agree Chieftain Fan ... not sure how - even if the emphasis is towards the Central District competition - that Logan can AFFORD to drop Warren from the schedule ... baffles me to think that Logan dropped Fairfield Union then had to pickup Nelsonville York because FU had already picked up a replacement game - Beechcroft ... Fairfield Union will not be scheduling Logan anytime soon after that debacle this year ... all scheduling issues will be taken care of beginning a couple years down the road IF the new league happens - which it sounds like it will happen imo ... we should hear some more solid info in the next month I believe ...

... I looked at the Perry roster briefly - only 2-3 seniors, 6 freshmen on the team along with the splattering of sophs/juniors ... a very young team, there was only 1 forward listed ?! the other 11 players were listed as guards ... no heights were given - must not have much size ... 7-14 with the majority of the 7 wins after the New Year ... very slow start for Perry which you will have if you are very young, inexperienced team - which they are ... it should he all Logan in picking up their 20th W of the season ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:24 pm
Chieftain Fan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:05 pm Warren has very good team and when you shoot over 50% you almost always win . They have great Kids and are well coached . 3 very competitive games with the Chiefs taking the Freshman and Varsity and the Warriors taking the JV . Good talent at all three levels for both teams . Great atmosphere for SEO Hoops . Great crowd . Big turn out by Chieftain Nation . Logan side packed and almost half the Visitor packed with either purple or White .( This was white out night) Warriors had a very nice following as well . What else can you say , Oh by the way Best popcorn and the coney dogs were great . Nice job on the Senior night activities . Good luck to both teams in the Tournament .

... agree Chieftain Fan ... not sure how - even if the emphasis is towards the Central District competition - that Logan can AFFORD to drop Warren from the schedule ... baffles me to think that Logan dropped Fairfield Union then had to pickup Nelsonville York because FU had already picked up a replacement game - Beechcroft ... Fairfield Union will not be scheduling Logan anytime soon after that debacle this year ... all scheduling issues will be taken care of beginning a couple years down the road IF the new league happens - which it sounds like it will happen imo ... we should hear some more solid info in the next month I believe ...

... I looked at the Perry roster briefly - only 2-3 seniors, 6 freshmen on the team along with the splattering of sophs/juniors ... a very young team, there was only 1 forward listed ?! the other 11 players were listed as guards ... no heights were given - must not have much size ... 7-14 with the majority of the 7 wins after the New Year ... very slow start for Perry which you will have if you are very young, inexperienced team - which they are ... it should he all Logan in picking up their 20th W of the season ...

Pfloyd, I believe the emphasis has to be gear towards playing teams out of the Central District. The explanation is pretty simple, if they don't they will get bad seeds every year, since they do play in the Central District. From what I hear, Logan will be playing at Warren next year.

Again, I think we have covered this before, but it wasn't strictly that Logan dropped FU. Logan told FU that they were putting that on hold, but they were going to schedule them if they couldn't get any more Central D1 teams to play them. But, I do understand why FU scheduled Beechcroft instead of Logan because they didn't want to wait, which I completely understand.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:57 am

Pfloyd, I believe the emphasis has to be gear towards playing teams out of the Central District. The explanation is pretty simple, if they don't they will get bad seeds every year, since they do play in the Central District. From what I hear, Logan will be playing at Warren next year.

Again, I think we have covered this before, but it wasn't strictly that Logan dropped FU. Logan told FU that they were putting that on hold, but they were going to schedule them if they couldn't get any more Central D1 teams to play them. But, I do understand why FU scheduled Beechcroft instead of Logan because they didn't want to wait, which I completely understand.
I agree with you , from what I have heard they tried to get as many Central District teams as possible and when you do that your open dates and any prospective matchups are limited . FU likes playing Logan so they can get on their first round tourney site's floor .FU had a chance to pickup a quality matchup and that was great. Logan then had to settle for a not so good matchup . As far as the Logan /Warren matchup I would think Mattox would want to get a game on Logan's court as well. Not sure your schedule is complete for next year(It might be though) so I am not sure where FLOYD is getting his information or he is just throwing out hear say. Posters in the past have said negative things concerning scheduling so you can not please everyone . Games with long standing foes like FU,Warren and VC make big gates and have Post season air to it . Central Ohio teams will not travel well period . So POSTERS let Logan schedule some more SEO teams and quit complaining that they need to schedule all north. Back to you 2009 . Your Chieftains are having a great year . They have a really good team that if they continue to play smart BB they could be a very hard out .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:49 am

I agree with you , from what I have heard they tried to get as many Central District teams as possible and when you do that your open dates and any prospective matchups are limited . FU likes playing Logan so they can get on their first round tourney site's floor .FU had a chance to pickup a quality matchup and that was great. Logan then had to settle for a not so good matchup . As far as the Logan /Warren matchup I would think Mattox would want to get a game on Logan's court as well. Not sure your schedule is complete for next year(It might be though) so I am not sure where FLOYD is getting his information or he is just throwing out hear say. Posters in the past have said negative things concerning scheduling so you can not please everyone . Games with long standing foes like FU,Warren and VC make big gates and have Post season air to it . Central Ohio teams will not travel well period . So POSTERS let Logan schedule some more SEO teams and quit complaining that they need to schedule all north. Back to you 2009 . Your Chieftains are having a great year . They have a really good team that if they continue to play smart BB they could be a very hard out .

Chieftain 2009 ... I totally understand the thinking that you have to play the teams in the Central District to get a track record for seeding purposes - I get it ... I wasn't born yesterday - oh wait YES I WAS BORN YESTERDAY ! LOL ... that's part of the problem , I am soooo old I am stuck in Logan's past of Southeastern Ohio league, playing Southeastern Ohio opponents ... I'll take the blame for that thinking ... I'm looking at my own school going with "potentially" an all Central District schedule which as an "oldtimer" doesn't draw ME to Logan games ... when Logan gets the new league rolling - and I think they will, Logan's AD/principals/Superintendent have been working hard to get it off the ground ... my hat goes off to them - the schedule will be ALL Central District teams as it will need to be ...

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:04 pm
Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:49 am

Chieftain 2009 ... I totally understand the thinking that you have to play the teams in the Central District to get a track record for seeding purposes - I get it ... I wasn't born yesterday - oh wait YES I WAS BORN YESTERDAY ! LOL ... that's part of the problem , I am soooo old I am stuck in Logan's past of Southeastern Ohio league, playing Southeastern Ohio opponents ... I'll take the blame for that thinking ... I'm looking at my own school going with "potentially" an all Central District schedule which as an "oldtimer" doesn't draw ME to Logan games ... when Logan gets the new league rolling - and I think they will, Logan's AD/principals/Superintendent have been working hard to get it off the ground ... my hat goes off to them - the schedule will be ALL Central District teams as it will need to be ...

Logan will never schedule everything North . Great games with large crowds with a select group of schools in SEO . Central Ohio teams do not have to and do not want to play far from Central Ohio just to satisfy Logans Schedule . History has told us that teams North do not travel well to Hocking County and Logan still gets little respect from the CO Coaches . There are matchups in SEO that are high quality games . Yes Logan has a larger school but mirror more like a D2 school . Great teams in SEO , Great talent , Great coaching but get little head lines . Hoping all SEO TEAMS THE BEST IN THE POST SEASON.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Logan is a classic example of why they should have 5 division in basketball ! Hate to water it down a little, but some of these schools have no chance in D- 1 . Football has 7 and don't completely agree with that, but it gives middle of the road schools a punchers chance in both sports !

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

E High wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:29 am Logan is a classic example of why they should have 5 division in basketball ! Hate to water it down a little, but some of these schools have no chance in D- 1 . Football has 7 and don't completely agree with that, but it gives middle of the road schools a punchers chance in both sports !
They would still be D1 in 5 divisions. It would help Chillicothe and Tri Valley. It would make it worse for Logan

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Would they still be D1 if they only put 64 schools in D1? Need to put the top 8% in their own division. (but tax them double! lol)

Return to “Boys Basketball”