Warren @ Logan 2/16

warrior90
Varsity

Warren @ Logan 2/16

Post by warrior90 »

This should be a real battle. Seem to be evenly matched. Thoughts?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Warren @ Logan 2/16

Post by Ironman92 »

Logan by 14

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Logan by 15

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This game will only be decided by less than 10 unless the big men get into trouble.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

If Warren can keep from having a slow start and keep Huffman out of foul trouble I think it will be close with an edge to Logan. Watching Warren play Park south and Parkersburg close and leading both games in the 4th and Logan playing both close as well makes me think it will be closer than the 10+ people are saying. At least I hope it will!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it will be a great barometer game for the "youngsters" from Warren ... going up against the D1 #10 team in Logan ... Warren is supposed to be at least a year away so they are the underdogs in this one for sure ... imo Warren's strength of schedule is as good as or better than Logan's as they have played all 3 Parkersburg team - South/Parkersburg/ and Catholic ... Meadowbrook twice ... Waterford, FF twice, New Philly, Cambridge twice, Morgan twice ... the BBB has been battle tested just as Logan has ... Logan is not as deep going only 7 deep while Warren goes 10 ... Logan has 5 double digit scoring threats ... advantage Chiefs BUT no one is intimidated in this one - should be fun to watch from the Cheap Seats Friday Night ! best of luck to both teams !!! pfloyd will stay in Logan Friday night to see these 2 TEAMs tangle for sure ...

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Wow, wish I could be down at Jim's Gym on Friday.

I still have so much respect for Coach Maddox and the program he has built. YOU KNOW that Logan will get his teams best shot. And when the Warriors play well, they can compete without about anyone.

This is the kind of game where you need your key players - for Logan, Myers and Landis - to play smart and execute. They SHOULD be the difference against a young Warrior team.

Great coaching matchup, great rivalry, and I know it will be an awesome crowd. Look forward to your napking stats, pfloyd!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:02 am Wow, wish I could be down at Jim's Gym on Friday.

I still have so much respect for Coach Maddox and the program he has built. YOU KNOW that Logan will get his teams best shot. And when the Warriors play well, they can compete without about anyone.

This is the kind of game where you need your key players - for Logan, Myers and Landis - to play smart and execute. They SHOULD be the difference against a young Warrior team.

Great coaching matchup, great rivalry, and I know it will be an awesome crowd. Look forward to your napking stats, pfloyd!
Should be a "DANDY". Mattox and staff For sure has watched tape and will have something to throw at the Chiefs. Playing smart by what you called key players will be needed . IMO a lot of people leave out the other starters and 2 off their bench . They are the ones to get things started with their passing and inability to pressure them . 6 deep can hang double digits on a team . Play smart and I'll be watching from a distance . Gotta love the radio app. Hope to catch you down the road .

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Truth&fiction wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:58 am Should be a "DANDY". Mattox and staff For sure has watched tape and will have something to throw at the Chiefs. Playing smart by what you called key players will be needed . IMO a lot of people leave out the other starters and 2 off their bench . They are the ones to get things started with their passing and inability to pressure them . 6 deep can hang double digits on a team . Play smart and I'll be watching from a distance . Gotta love the radio app. Hope to catch you down the road .
I actually talked about that on Tuesday when I joined Scott Vermillion on the halftime radio broadcast.

This team obviously starts with and is headlined by the two "stars" - Myers and Landis - but that what makes the whole thing work is the rest of the line-up. That it's easy to call these guys "role players" and to compliment them as such, but that some of these guys would have been "stars" in other eras of Logan Hoops. They might not be 18-2, but they'd be 12-14 point a night players on .500 basketball teams.

Their willingness to play within a system designed to maximize this teams strengths is the most important part. Coach Rider has gotten them all to buy in. And thats important.

Go Chiefs!

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

This will be a really good game for both teams . No cake walk here . Warren has come a long way in rebuilding . Logan with 4 starters back from a shared title last year. The Chiefs have been playing very well with a stellar record . The Chieftains are a team of home grown talent with players being together since KG. They are friends , they hang out together and they trust each other ( On the court and off the court) They are all talented in what they bring to the court. They are smart ( 7 of the 10 4.0 students) on the court and off the court. As Chieftain Fans we enjoy these kids and support them each and every game . Warren I'm sure feels the same about their players and well should be . Anchored by a couple seniors and bringing along a new group they have done really well . A lot of pride between these two teams . Travel safe Warrior fans. Hope this series continues just a shame it's not for a league title. Hope for a injury free game and being bias a Chieftain victory . Good luck to the Purple Gang!!!!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... not sure I can remember a match up between Warren & Logan where the Warriors were ever the "underdog" in the game ... I'll have to check with the Warren folks tomorrow night BUT I believe that Logan is not playing Warren next year on the hardwood ? - I know that Logan nixed playing AT Warren (home & home) this season ... I hope that my memory on this is WRONG - I have talked so much hoops around Southern/Southeastern Ohio it's hard to separate what was someone's "factual knowledge" or a "I don't THINK Warren & Logan are scheduled for next year" ... I'll find out and try to verify this one as it would be a sad day if these two schools don't have an opportunity to meet up on the court at least once per season - although, come to think of it - I believe Warren is NOT on the football schedule anymore, so not playing teams in SEOhio - cutting back even more than this year wouldn't surprise me ... Best of luck to BOTH of these teams as they get ready for the post season - Logan D1 and Warren in D2 ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Warren has gotten a lot better since the Morgan lost. Should be good one

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I realize that when folks bring up "the Morgan loss" in game #1 of the season many put it out there as a BIG loss ( not insinuating you are at all Raider6309) ... here's my take on game #1 ... Warren had all new starters but 1 - Josh Huffman - everyone else for Warren ? game #1 was their first varsity start, Troy Huck not only was it HIS first varsity start but he didn't play hoops AT ALL last year and the LAST PT for him would have been JV as a sophomore ... then you had 3 freshmen getting minutes, a second big man in Williams - not varsity experience ... my point here is that ALL teams in are shaky in game 1 ... game 1 for a YOUNG , INEXPERIENCED team like Warren ? the phrase "you don't no what you are going to get or what you have until they tip off" -that was BIG TIME true for Coach Maddox in game one ... when I look at Warren vs Morgan I have to look at the 2nd meeting to SEE what Warren IS all about - Warren cruised vs Morgan in game 2 ... so my bottom line is vs Morgan in game 1 , a youth , learning experience L that does mean much in the big pic as to what Warren brings to the table ... Logan on the other hand ALL 5 starters have at least 1 full year, most 2 years of VARSITY experience entering game one AT Unioto - it showed , the Purple IS not only GOOD, the varsity experience showed BIG as Bo Myers went off in what was a nailbiter, anybodies game in the 3rd to the Bo Myer highlight film as BM went off for 18 points in 3:28 of game clock in the 3rd ... Chiefs went out to a 10+ point lead and have never looked back ALL SEASON LOL ... and YOU ARE RIGHT it SHOULD BE an epic battle - don't want to miss this one !!!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Excited for this big time game tomorrow night! I'll be listening on the radio. This was originally the season finale for Logan, but will now be their next to last game. Hoping for a good one, I'm taking my Chiefs in this game.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Logan by about a dozen, if not more. Warren is a really solid team, just think the Chiefs are a good bit better. Two really well coached teams!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

game day! Go Chiefs!!

AT THE RESERVATION
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:31 pm ... not sure I can remember a match up between Warren & Logan where the Warriors were ever the "underdog" in the game ... I'll have to check with the Warren folks tomorrow night BUT I believe that Logan is not playing Warren next year on the hardwood ? - I know that Logan nixed playing AT Warren (home & home) this season ... I hope that my memory on this is WRONG - I have talked so much hoops around Southern/Southeastern Ohio it's hard to separate what was someone's "factual knowledge" or a "I don't THINK Warren & Logan are scheduled for next year" ... I'll find out and try to verify this one as it would be a sad day if these two schools don't have an opportunity to meet up on the court at least once per season - although, come to think of it - I believe Warren is NOT on the football schedule anymore, so not playing teams in SEOhio - cutting back even more than this year wouldn't surprise me ... Best of luck to BOTH of these teams as they get ready for the post season - Logan D1 and Warren in D2 ...

I think you might have to go back to when I was in school, Floyd and Coach Maddox was just getting started building his program. Of course I'm an old man now so that WAS a long time ago. And of course even if Logan WAS the favorite, I know I had a couple LONG drives home from the Warrior Dome!

I think you MAY be correct about the series coming to an end. Of course the girls did not play this season either.

And not just in hoops, but no football game next year either. It is another "end of an era" reality.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Not sure if I’ll be able to make it up tonight but best of luck to my Warriors. Does the Logan radio station stream the game online as well?

Go Blue
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GO CHIEFS!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Any chance they both can lose this game?

I'm cheering for the refs in this one.

haha

Return to “Boys Basketball”