Post by LucasDavenport »

Bradley Russell #4?

30 scored a few and 34 did likewise.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Federal Hocking Vs South Webster - winner plays Southern Tornadoes

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Buddy you left too soon. south Gallia with the win on a last second layup!

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Maroon2018
Freshman Team

Post by Maroon2018 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:04 pm Bradley Russell #4?

30 scored a few and 34 did likewise.
Bradley Russell is #34

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Thanks. When I scout I don’t pay attention to names —- just numbers.

The coaching staff decided to put Blevins on #3 after seeing him twice and switch if Shiloah got an early foul. He did an amazing job defending him — kinda took it as a challenge— he scored 25 of the 51 but I was equally impressed with his effort defensively on #3. His length and athleticism made it very difficult—- couple that with the tight rims at Meigs — and it’s easy to understand why #3 struggled. Hopefully it’s motivation for him in the offseason and he comes back even better and stronger. He’s a much better player than we witnessed last night but Blevins is an absolute freak and last night his defensive effort was A+.

Also shout out to Braden Bockway—- the kid is growing every game. When his motor and defensive effort match his arch on his jump shot he can be amazing.

The only negative about last night (besides leaving at halftime of the SG/E Game) was that the Southern coaching staff finally were able to get a good look at us. They had seen the New Boston game and the Minford game and neither was a full composition for us. Southern is very well coached and will present another set of obstacles for The Jeeps. I think the Sectional Final on 2/28 will be a 50/50 game and along with Whiteoak v Peebles (ironically the 2 v 7 at NW sectional) will be 1 of the best 2 Sectional Finals in our district.

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

I think #3 probably learned a lot last night after being matched up against blevins. Hopefully a learning lesson where he is and what he needs to get him there.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Exactly. I’m rooting for him.

Maroon2018
Freshman Team

Post by Maroon2018 »

Thanks for the kind remarks for #3 Nathaniel Massie. He is a good player, but last night truly devestated him. He's been playing since 4th grade and never had a game he hasn't scored in. He did have a few open looks last night, but couldn't " buy" a basket, lol. Yes, I think it will be a learning experience for him. As for Blevins......All I can say is WOW!!!!! That young man is very talented on both sides of the ball.
Last edited by Maroon2018 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

We noticed. My wife —who keeps a mean shooting chart and is the mother of 2 coaches and the sister of 2 coaches — and understands the game —- started rooting for him to score last night and then I did too. Hopefully that disappointment gets turned into motivation and the sooner the better.

When we scout we just report what we see. We aren’t on the coaching staff nor have anything to do with decisions. We keep shooting charts and scoring and foul shooting and tendencies. We order the opposing players or rank them in importance —- #3 was definitely at the top of the hierarchy. The fact you scored 27 total last night showed what a good job Blevins did on Massie.

Best of luck in the future.

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

Following up, is Massie a senior this year?

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Vike73 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:34 am Following up, is Massie a senior this year?
Massie graduated. Lancers have to replace 4 of the starting five from last year. They still have some very talented kids so I look for another good year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”