Eastern vs. South Gallia (Sec. Tournament)

Prepper
Waterboy

Eastern vs. South Gallia (Sec. Tournament)

Post by Prepper »

Played @ Meigs High School, any thoughts about who will win?

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Re: Eastern vs. South Gallia (Sec. Tournament)

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Should be a toss up. With South Gallia getting the move in, they have steadily progressed.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Season series split 1-1 with SG winning the last game. The sectional game should be a good one!

Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

So is Eastern finally getting rid of Hill or what?? How is he still there??

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Ol' Bud wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:19 am So is Eastern finally getting rid of Hill or what?? How is he still there??
if the players would listen to him last night Eastern might of won!!!!! How many times he said no stupid shoots in the 4 quarter????? Players most of heard take stupid shoots

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Glad we stayed I was ready to head back to Webster at Halftime. Eastern the better talent but the discipline was lacking. No stupid shots....

The lefty from SG is a hell of a baller. Pardee? #1 he was amazing to watch

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

If you think that Hill or any of the coaching staff had anything to do with the outcome of last nights game, you absolutely know nothing about basketball! Those players, and I mean all of those players turned the ball over and over down the stretch. From where I was sitting, you could hear the coaches telling them to slow down, run the offense, and take care of the ball. Every possession and time-out it was being discussed. It was very apparent that they were melting down.

Willy Cheatem
Riding the Bench

Post by Willy Cheatem »

Jayski wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:19 pm If you think that Hill or any of the coaching staff had anything to do with the outcome of last nights game, you absolutely know nothing about basketball! Those players, and I mean all of those players turned the ball over and over down the stretch. From where I was sitting, you could hear the coaches telling them to slow down, run the offense, and take care of the ball. Every possession and time-out it was being discussed. It was very apparent that they were melting down.
I think my crew, I mean the officials, had a few things to do with it as well. Just sayin... ;)

Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

This game, and every other tournament game that he's pissed away in his last five years, are all on coach Hill.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Ol' Bud wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:27 am This game, and every other tournament game that he's pissed away in his last five years, are all on coach Hill.
Maybe you should put your name in the hat for the job!

Making offers you can't refuse
Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

Vito Corleone wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:16 am
Ol' Bud wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:27 am This game, and every other tournament game that he's pissed away in his last five years, are all on coach Hill.
Maybe you should put your name in the hat for the job!
I believe I should! Would do a much better job than him. But then again, who couldn't! LOL

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

I agree with Penguin. I quit going to Eastern’s boys basketball games.. Not because of the coaching but because of the parents in the stands. The parents think because little Joey was a standout in biddy league he is going to be an all star in high school! If it doesn’t happen, it’s the coach’s fault! I too have heard the coaches give direction during the game and the players continue to do the same thing over and over. Why? Because all they’ve heard from home is how bad the coach is and you don’t have to listen to him! Parents have posted terrible things about them on social media and you expect your kids to play for them? Now, on that bench you have two guys who played for Howie Caldwell and one who coached with him! These parents would no more take Howie Caldwell’s discipline or work ethic than the man on the moon! The players wouldn’t either because they are spoiled and aren’t that good either!! Maybe that is why Howie left. He could see the writing on the wall!
I am surprised that Coach Hill and his staff and his staff have stayed as long as they have. I wouldn’t blame them if they all walked Out the door! Then we”ll see who the great savior will be! I’m not saying they are the greatest coaches that ever walked but treat them like decent human beings! I’m not just speaking of Coach Hill either. Coach Williams, left after much parental negativity.
Eastern has a habit of treating their coaches they don’t Iike horribly! And....nowadays the ones they do like, are because they let their kids do whatever they want!! I foresee a lot of coaching changes in the eagles future. Hopefully he or she will get the support they deserve!

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

Willy Cheatem wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:21 pm
Jayski wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:19 pm If you think that Hill or any of the coaching staff had anything to do with the outcome of last nights game, you absolutely know nothing about basketball! Those players, and I mean all of those players turned the ball over and over down the stretch. From where I was sitting, you could hear the coaches telling them to slow down, run the offense, and take care of the ball. Every possession and time-out it was being discussed. It was very apparent that they were melting down.
I think my crew, I mean the officials, had a few things to do with it as well. Just sayin... ;)
Let's just say that there was a connection between the staff at SG and racine. The contacts we have at racine reached out to us and asked us to take care of one of their own. The size of the envelope indicated the desire they had for an alumni of the almost champions to get the win.

Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

Ballboy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:41 am I agree with Penguin. I quit going to Eastern’s boys basketball games.. Not because of the coaching but because of the parents in the stands. The parents think because little Joey was a standout in biddy league he is going to be an all star in high school! If it doesn’t happen, it’s the coach’s fault! I too have heard the coaches give direction during the game and the players continue to do the same thing over and over. Why? Because all they’ve heard from home is how bad the coach is and you don’t have to listen to him! Parents have posted terrible things about them on social media and you expect your kids to play for them? Now, on that bench you have two guys who played for Howie Caldwell and one who coached with him! These parents would no more take Howie Caldwell’s discipline or work ethic than the man on the moon! The players wouldn’t either because they are spoiled and aren’t that good either!! Maybe that is why Howie left. He could see the writing on the wall!
I am surprised that Coach Hill and his staff and his staff have stayed as long as they have. I wouldn’t blame them if they all walked Out the door! Then we”ll see who the great savior will be! I’m not saying they are the greatest coaches that ever walked but treat them like decent human beings! I’m not just speaking of Coach Hill either. Coach Williams, left after much parental negativity.
Eastern has a habit of treating their coaches they don’t Iike horribly! And....nowadays the ones they do like, are because they let their kids do whatever they want!! I foresee a lot of coaching changes in the eagles future. Hopefully he or she will get the support they deserve!
I have a feeling Coach Kight will turn things around for the eagles next season

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Is there any truth to this rumor about coach Kight coaching Eastern next year???

mickylikeylicky
Waterboy

Post by mickylikeylicky »

South Gallia isn't very good every sense they lost that Henry boy he absolutely carries Gallia Academy now

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Did kight coach against Belpre the other night? Lol
Heard he turned the girls program around in racine and was in tight with the butcher. I can see why the Eagles would love to get him. Heard hill is heading to meigs anyways. Not sure if that is true. Maybe one of these big eagle fans in this post may know something. Lol

JeffreyCollins
Waterboy

Post by JeffreyCollins »

Coach Wolfe turned second part of the season around
Last edited by JeffreyCollins on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

The Henry boy is a good player and helps Gallia Academy win games, but by no means does he carry them. Gallia Academy has a lot of good players they can go 8 to 9 deep and not hurt them at all. It takes 5 players to make a good team and Gallia Academy is fortunate to have 9 good players that play minutes on this Varsity team. Loveday and Call have been 2 kids that I believe has to be on the floor as much as possible. The Henry kid is just a role player and one of many kids trying to help his team to win games.

mickylikeylicky
Waterboy

Post by mickylikeylicky »

@GAHS#1fan clearly u don’t know anything about basketball and if u was GAHS#1Fan why u on South Gallia and Eastern page

Return to “Boys Basketball”