Eastern vs. South Gallia (Sec. Tournament)

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Re: Eastern vs. South Gallia (Sec. Tournament)

Post by Vito Corleone »

Ballboy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:41 am I agree with Penguin. I quit going to Eastern’s boys basketball games.. Not because of the coaching but because of the parents in the stands. The parents think because little Joey was a standout in biddy league he is going to be an all star in high school! If it doesn’t happen, it’s the coach’s fault! I too have heard the coaches give direction during the game and the players continue to do the same thing over and over. Why? Because all they’ve heard from home is how bad the coach is and you don’t have to listen to him! Parents have posted terrible things about them on social media and you expect your kids to play for them? Now, on that bench you have two guys who played for Howie Caldwell and one who coached with him! These parents would no more take Howie Caldwell’s discipline or work ethic than the man on the moon! The players wouldn’t either because they are spoiled and aren’t that good either!! Maybe that is why Howie left. He could see the writing on the wall!
I am surprised that Coach Hill and his staff and his staff have stayed as long as they have. I wouldn’t blame them if they all walked Out the door! Then we”ll see who the great savior will be! I’m not saying they are the greatest coaches that ever walked but treat them like decent human beings! I’m not just speaking of Coach Hill either. Coach Williams, left after much parental negativity.
Eastern has a habit of treating their coaches they don’t Iike horribly! And....nowadays the ones they do like, are because they let their kids do whatever they want!! I foresee a lot of coaching changes in the eagles future. Hopefully he or she will get the support they deserve!
This is absolutely spot on. If a parent is going to complain about one coach, it doesn't matter who comes in...they are going to complain about you too. The lack of support coaches and teachers get is laughable. Parents have too much power and are ruining youth and high school sports. I don't know why anyone would want to teach and coach. If you teach and coach, you get no respect

Making offers you can't refuse
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Piggyback on Vito’s statement. I was in Cincinnati last night and Coach Caliparis show came on 1530 sports radio.

“100 man marching band—99 turn left—your son turns right and you say ‘what’s wrong with those other 99?’”

I don’t always agree with Coach Cal but that was spot on.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Agreed

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Vito Corleone wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:44 am
Ballboy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:41 am I agree with Penguin. I quit going to Eastern’s boys basketball games.. Not because of the coaching but because of the parents in the stands. The parents think because little Joey was a standout in biddy league he is going to be an all star in high school! If it doesn’t happen, it’s the coach’s fault! I too have heard the coaches give direction during the game and the players continue to do the same thing over and over. Why? Because all they’ve heard from home is how bad the coach is and you don’t have to listen to him! Parents have posted terrible things about them on social media and you expect your kids to play for them? Now, on that bench you have two guys who played for Howie Caldwell and one who coached with him! These parents would no more take Howie Caldwell’s discipline or work ethic than the man on the moon! The players wouldn’t either because they are spoiled and aren’t that good either!! Maybe that is why Howie left. He could see the writing on the wall!
I am surprised that Coach Hill and his staff and his staff have stayed as long as they have. I wouldn’t blame them if they all walked Out the door! Then we”ll see who the great savior will be! I’m not saying they are the greatest coaches that ever walked but treat them like decent human beings! I’m not just speaking of Coach Hill either. Coach Williams, left after much parental negativity.
Eastern has a habit of treating their coaches they don’t Iike horribly! And....nowadays the ones they do like, are because they let their kids do whatever they want!! I foresee a lot of coaching changes in the eagles future. Hopefully he or she will get the support they deserve!
This is absolutely spot on. If a parent is going to complain about one coach, it doesn't matter who comes in...they are going to complain about you too. The lack of support coaches and teachers get is laughable. Parents have too much power and are ruining youth and high school sports. I don't know why anyone would want to teach and coach. If you teach and coach, you get no respect
not only at eastern

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

itsme wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:10 pm
not only at eastern
Everywhere

Making offers you can't refuse
coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

When coach Kight comes in everything will change. Excited to be getting a great coach like him next year!

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

Coyote, you seem to be so sure of that. Coach Kight was run out of Meigs. Unfortunately, it seems to be a popular theme today in schools. This may all be a lot of rumor started by unhappy parents. We will see!

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Ballboy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:54 pm Coyote, you seem to be so sure of that. Coach Kight was run out of Meigs. Unfortunately, it seems to be a popular theme today in schools. This may all be a lot of rumor started by unhappy parents. We will see!
No he was not run out of Meigs
HE DID SOME THINGS THAT HE SHOULDN'T OF DONE

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

itsme wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:58 am
Ballboy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:54 pm Coyote, you seem to be so sure of that. Coach Kight was run out of Meigs. Unfortunately, it seems to be a popular theme today in schools. This may all be a lot of rumor started by unhappy parents. We will see!
And then pushed out because of, right?

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

itsme wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:58 am
He and the cheerleading coach were consenting adults. It's not illegal to do it

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

Sounds like a high character guy and good roll model......

Return to “Boys Basketball”