Freshman Team

Whiteoak vs Peebles

Post by Jayhawks »

Thoughts and predictions!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Whiteoak vs Peebles

Post by LucasDavenport »

I think this will be a great one!! One of the best 2 Sectional Finals in the D4 SE district.

Truly don’t know which way to predict.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Basketball:30
Riding the Bench

Post by Basketball:30 »

What were the regular season results?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Basketball:30 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:52 am What were the regular season results?
Peebles over Whiteoak 65-50 in first game. Second game Peebles over Whiteoak 42-38. This tournament game on the 28th will be game #3 and both teams are playing well now. Should be a barn burner for the right to go to the Convo.

Basketball:30
Riding the Bench

Post by Basketball:30 »

Looking forward to both games that night! Fairfield vs Glenwood should be a dandy as well.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Wednesday here we come.

IndianTribe
Riding the Bench

Post by IndianTribe »

You will definitely want to get there a early because its going to be a packed house.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Glad to see Whiteoak back and a factor.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

I know a SHAC team will win this game. It's hard to beat a team three times in a season.Northwest has been unlucky to the Indians ,but ; I'm taking them in this one. Good luck Peebles.

mickylikeylicky
Waterboy

Post by mickylikeylicky »

Bo justice will definitely lead peeble to the big victory

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mickylikeylicky wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:02 pm Bo justice will definitely lead peeble to the big victory
Only if he can break Robbie Barnett’s defense

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

Coaching edge goes to Peebles. Best player goes to Peebles. Hungrier team white oak. Lay off hurt indians?

My prediction is white oak plays well early and falls late to POY of shac as he takes over in 4th.

Peebles 61 wo 53

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Point blank wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:20 pm Coaching edge goes to Peebles. Best player goes to Peebles. Hungrier team white oak. Lay off hurt indians?

My prediction is white oak plays well early and falls late to POY of shac as he takes over in 4th.

Peebles 61 wo 53
Arey is one of the best coaches in D4 no doubt but I can’t say for sure Kibler of Whiteoak isn’t. The resume is still too short. All I know is Whiteoak has won more games this season than the past 4 years combined. He’s doing it with the same kids as last year...he’s doing something pretty right.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:54 am
Point blank wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:20 pm Coaching edge goes to Peebles. Best player goes to Peebles. Hungrier team white oak. Lay off hurt indians?

Peebles 61 wo 53
Arey is one of the best coaches in D4 no doubt but I can’t say for sure Kibler of Whiteoak isn’t. The resume is still too short. All I know is Whiteoak has won more games this season than the past 4 years combined. He’s doing it with the same kids as last year...he’s doing something pretty right.
You also nailed one of the biggest reasons in your post - he's doing it with the same kids as last year. Whiteoak won a few more games last year and was MUCH more competitive than years past. They returned nearly everyone (minus 1-2 rotational players). That extra year alone is huge for kids development especially if other schools graduated some talent. I thought the previous coach, McGraw I think?, did pretty good considering what he had. He wasn't exactly dealt a strong hand.

Nonetheless, Whiteoak has had a good season and as you stated it's past due for them to be relevant again. They've always been a pretty good D4 SE Ohio program, so I'm glad to see them back in the mix.

Peebles has the best coach and best player, Whiteoak is more athletic top to bottom. I just don't see Arey losing this sectional final with this much time to prepare.

Peebles 55
Whiteoak 42

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:10 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:54 am

Peebles 61 wo 53
You also nailed one of the biggest reasons in your post - he's doing it with the same kids as last year. Whiteoak won a few more games last year and was MUCH more competitive than years past. They returned nearly everyone (minus 1-2 rotational players). That extra year alone is huge for kids development especially if other schools graduated some talent. I thought the previous coach, McGraw I think?, did pretty good considering what he had. He wasn't exactly dealt a strong hand.

Nonetheless, Whiteoak has had a good season and as you stated it's past due for them to be relevant again. They've always been a pretty good D4 SE Ohio program, so I'm glad to see them back in the mix.

Peebles has the best coach and best player, Whiteoak is more athletic top to bottom. I just don't see Arey losing this sectional final with this much time to prepare.

Peebles 55
Whiteoak 42
Kibler came on this season following a team of 4 wins...that team followed a 4 win team before them....2 wins the year before and 1 win the year before that. Coach Kibler lost a starter that earned all-shac this season, pretty significant loss.

Kibler’s team now has 13 wins and they began 1-6 after a crushing loss on the road to Westfall. These kids haven’t been winning or really even pacing that direction. This program did not know how to win going something near 12 wins and 82 losses from November of 2013 to January of 2018.....then things turned positive from the coaching staff down. They expected to win, they were going to win. Winners win attitude and have went 12-4 in their last 16 games.

I was hoping for 8-9 wins to start the season and after the 1-6 start just hoping to get to 6 or 7....now they set at 13 wins. The Whiteoak program has advanced 2 seasons of growth in one season. The kids have bought in and been great. They got screwed a little with only 1 kid making all-SHAC and all-District voting a bit of a joke and not really feeling the respect of the #7 seed.

mickylikeylicky
Waterboy

Post by mickylikeylicky »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:10 pm
mickylikeylicky wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:02 pm Bo justice will definitely lead peeble to the big victory
Only if he can break Robbie Barnett’s defense
Robbie cant guard Kyrie let alone Bo Justice

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good luck to you guys Hoopie

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:39 pm Good luck to you guys Hoopie
I'm here and Peebles is empty. They are all here. Thanks and what a great thing these two are fighting for the Convo.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Peebles 14
Whiteoak 11

End 1

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Weak side rebounds killing Whiteoak