(7) South Webster vs. (2) Racine Southern

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

(7) South Webster vs. (2) Racine Southern

Post by Vito Corleone »

Looking forward to this one. Unfortunately we have to wait 6 more days. Can the Jeeps pull off another upset win over Southern in a Sectional Final?

Making offers you can't refuse
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: (7) South Webster vs. (2) Racine Southern

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I got Webster by 12. Webster is firing on all cylinders again

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Seen both. Should be a good game. I think southern has a little more, but Blevins best player on floor.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Swanker Pine wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:25 pm I got Webster by 12. Webster is firing on all cylinders again
Had a few people see the game and didn't think SW played THAT great. You think they could play better than they did last night? Or were you fully satisfied with how they played?

letsgo
Waterboy

Post by letsgo »

Southern

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Vito:

I don’t think we played great last night. We had some defensive letdowns and truly need to straighten out some things in the upcoming week.

One reason might be is that — once again — we had a totally different lineup and that takes time to put together.

We did hold Federal Hocking to 27 though. They don’t light it up by any stretch but had only been under 30 once before this season.

Southern has a good 6 and at least one player who matches up a little better on Blevins. (I think they will zone us at least 1/2 the time though)

They will score more than 45 on us. We have to limit turnovers and rebound well offensively and force them into working for every basket.

I think it’s going to be very tight.

Interesting to see the picks by the regulars on the district pickem thread. I think it’s 60/40 for Southern. Not bad for a 2/7 matchup.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I just did the math on the pickem thread and it’s actually 7/18 in favor of Southern. Not quite 60/40. More like 70/30.

There was 1 outlier. He picked Federal Hocking and then Southern.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Southern has gone zone in the past. 1-3-1 what I remember. I think they will zone as well. If that's the case, then the opportunity for 2nd chance points there. Blevins could eat up O boards which is good for SW

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

With the River flooding Southern is not ready for baseball season yet. So I see them taking this one.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I thought webster played decent last night. It’s not like we were watching a real tight game after the first half. Trying out some different combos and seeing what’s clicking and what’s not. Gotta remember Voiers started JV for close to half the season and has been getting decent time in since he now comes off the Varsity bench.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Gotta say though, whether we win or lose, it’s been a good season to watch as a fan. We didn’t win that many games but there was a lot of close ones we should’ve and some blowouts too. Watching these kids get better and find their place has been fun. Watching some monster dunks and Lebron style chase downs, Ruth and Holstein scrapping for rebounds and loose balls and Corriel break ankles, and some stars emerge from the bench, makes me wonder what these guys will be able to do next year.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

I figured 7-15 was about where they would be at this year. Had Blevins stayed healthy, they could've been more 9-13, 10-12 range which isn't bad in SOC II and no Seniors

hitman 23
Waterboy

Post by hitman 23 »

To beat Southern you must have good guard play. You obviously need to be prepared to handle the pressure they bring at you for 32 minutes on the defensive side. A team that can go 8 deep helps vs southern for sure.If South Webster has that along with the best player on the court id say game on .

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Vito Corleone wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:54 pm I figured 7-15 was about where they would be at this year. Had Blevins stayed healthy, they could've been more 9-13, 10-12 range which isn't bad in SOC II and no Seniors
100% agree.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The chemistry of the kids this year has been fun to watch. The injuries and sickness in the last month have forced different lineups and different roles. And yet, you don’t notice the shrugged shoulders or external frustration of a decreasing role in the body language of the kids.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Looks to be a good group of kids for sure. Seem very coachable

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Here we go

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

Southern presses sw soon as they get off the bus. Jeeps down fall is handling pressure. Southern was at NB and minford and both teams showed how to beat sw with or without blevins. Look for a tornado of pressure id say and if coach lets sw get rattled it could be trouble for jeeps nation. Now on the other side sw has the best player in that sectional. Blevins is a loaf and can single handed take a team down. But it all comes down to Ruth Coriell and smith taking the pressure and not making mistakes

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

South Webster by 7. Should be a fun game but dont think Southern can stop Blevins.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

I'll take Webster by 4

Return to “Boys Basketball”