Dats dem boyyyyyzzzz 😂😂😂😂

Yeahhhhh go Jeeps. The spirit of Swanker was in the house to ight

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: (7) South Webster vs. (2) Racine Southern

Post by LucasDavenport »

Very proud of The Jeeps tonight. Down 40-28 start of 4th—- they called a play for an Alley Oop for Shiloah behind the zone and it was perfectly executed.

40-30. Another made basket cut it to 40-32 and Southern took a Timeout.

Smitty hit a big 3 to cut the lead to 5 at 40-35.

Bockway hit a 3 to bring it to 40-38.

Smitty hit another to give SW their first lead at 41-40.

Southern made 1 FT to tie at 41-41.

I can’t remember who made the basket to put us up 43-41. Southern made 2 FTs to tie at 43-43.

2:00 to go. We missed and Southern had the ball at 1:25 and looked to hold. Holstein fouled their point out front at :13. Made 1st missed 2nd. Southern up 44-43. They had a foul to give and did so at 1/2 court 11.4. Inbounds to Shiloah —- had a few defenders on him. Ball ended up in Coriell’s hands in the corner and he stepped up and hit the 3 for the 46-44 lead. Southern took an immediate TO and they put 3.7 back on clock. They actually were able to get a pretty good look from corner but it hit backboard and Game Over! On to the Convo.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Overall the game was a well-fought game until the end. Even when Southern was up 12-15 at a few points in the game, it never had a feeling of a big lead. SW kept playing hard and chipped away. Hats off to the coach to call for the alley-oop. That play shifted momentum and Southern followed that play up with a turnover to make it a quick swing back to SW.

I do believe Southern lacked that one guy that calms and leads his troops on the floor. When SW started climbing back close, Southern panicked and started throwing up bad shots, that ultimately became the deciding factor.

SW was more physical and I think has the game progressed, Southern's high intensity began to wear down a bit and SW's physicality took over.

Best of luck to the Jeeps as they head to the Convo. Southern, you had a great season and you were fun to watch! Keep your up!

Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

Hell, fire Jeff too... then all 3 coaches in Meigs county will be gone! :mrgreen:

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

As usual, the conference schedule for SW benefits them in the D4 tournament. Playing teams like Oak Hill, Burg, Waverly, etc. twice in the regular season may result in a not so stellar record and seeding for the Jeeps, but that experience shows up in the tournament.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Very tough loss for Southern because they were in total control of the game for 3 quarters. Actually seemed like they should have had a bigger lead at halftime, but they came out of the gate and extended the lead to 15 I believe. South Webster's other players beside Blevins stepped up and made big shots, while Southern missed a few inside and had a couple turnovers proving very costly. Meigs sectional proved to be very balanced with the only one blowout being the 4 vs. 5.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Southern pushed the lead to 35-21 with 8 quick points to start the second half. SW timeout at 6:26 of 3rd. They scored 9 points over the last 14:26.

I think their last 6 came from the foul line. I know all 4 in the 4th quarter did. But I also think they hit 2 foul shots at the very end of the 3rd quarter to push the lead to 40-28.

Therefore, maybe 1 FG over last 14:26?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

The converted alley-oop turned out to be the big spark that mounted the comeback for the Jeeps. Turned out to be a great call by Coach Cole

Making offers you can't refuse
Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

To me it seemed that blevins wasn't really involved or interested the first 3 quarters. So I believe that Cole knew exactly how to get him involved and fired up with his set play for ally oop for the 2 handed jam to start the fourth quarter. Wow!
Southern played really well especially the baker kid. Some missed shots and turnovers proved costly for them in the 4th.

Return to “Boys Basketball”