GAHS vs Fairfield Union 3/1

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: GAHS vs Fairfield Union 3/1

Post by trojandave »

The headline matchup in this game is Zach Loveday vs. Colin Woodside......and that should be interesting. So many times, though, games like this are determined by the other 8 players. This one might be one of those. Foul trouble for Loveday or Woodside could cause a very difficult matchup problem in the paint for either team. As in most games, whoever shoots the 3 ball well might have the advantage on the scoreboard.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:47 pm The headline matchup in this game is Zach Loveday vs. Colin Woodside......and that should be interesting. So many times, though, games like this are determined by the other 8 players. This one might be one of those. Foul trouble for Loveday or Woodside could cause a very difficult matchup problem in the paint for either team. As in most games, whoever shoots the 3 ball well might have the advantage on the scoreboard.
... I absolutely agree trojandave ... my money is on Houston Harrah to have a BIG game inside for FU , throw in Spencer Conrad/Lucas Thompson/Evan Conley/Chase Poston on the perimeter with E. Conley putting the show in motion ... if we call the inside matchup a draw - FU gets the nod with the talent/scoring potential from the remain talent ...

porkyfan
Waterboy

Post by porkyfan »

the blue devils defense is the best. that lucas thompson has a ugly shot that starts from the chest and anyone can block that.Defense here will be the key in this game even tho FU can shoot better im taking the ACADEMY to wins this. I think loveday with his bleached and perm will be intimidating. Like I said unless youre fairland from procterville you can not shoot as good as them and so i think FU will get shut down and THE ACADEMY pulls out the win. the academy has better coaching staff and athletes

varsity 1000 point club 6th man
Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

porkyfan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:25 am the blue devils defense is the best. that lucas thompson has a ugly shot that starts from the chest and anyone can block that.Defense here will be the key in this game even tho FU can shoot better im taking the ACADEMY to wins this. I think loveday with his bleached and perm will be intimidating. Like I said unless youre fairland from procterville you can not shoot as good as them and so i think FU will get shut down and THE ACADEMY pulls out the win. the academy has better coaching staff and athletes
Lol I don't think in the 4 years I've watched Lucas Thompson play that I have ever seen him blocked on a 3 attempt. I guess we will see. Also, Fairfield Union's coaching staff is second to none. I would maybe win something before I started bashing other teams players and coaches. FU has been in the district finals the last 2 years and I'm sure they have every intention of going for 3 in a row. But hey everyone has different opinions.

Swiftly&Quickly13
Waterboy

Post by Swiftly&Quickly13 »

Gallia Academy is very athletic. They have Evan Wiseman probably the most athletic but Cory Call can find a way to the hoop easy. I believe Gallia will have to play good defense and no open looks. Loveday really athletic for his size at 7'0, but he will have to be a presence if they want to win.

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

I think this game is going be a good one it don’t matter what we think about who going to win. The team that executed the best will win. The team that makes shots and don’t turn the ball over and makes foul shots will be the team that moves on. Loveday for Gallia can be a force on the defense he blocks a ton of shots and intimidated even more. The key for Loveday is to stay out of foul trouble because I’m sure FU is going to go right at him. The thing I like about the Blue Devils is you just can’t say if we can shut down this person we can win because the Blue Devils have 9 guys capable of scoring in double firgure any given night and I believe that is a plus for them. I know FU has some really good players too so if both teams play their “A” game it will be great game to watch. I’m picking the Blue Devils in this one 61 to 58 Go Big Blue!

Swiftly&Quickly13
Waterboy

Post by Swiftly&Quickly13 »

You're exactly right GAHSBB#1fan. I look to see Cory Call and Kaden Thomas to have 13+

mickylikeylicky
Waterboy

Post by mickylikeylicky »

GAHSBB#1fan wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:37 pm This is going to be a fun game. This is a heavy weight Matchup between 2 very good teams. This is a game you want to play your “A” game take care of basketball and make free throws and stay out of foul trouble. I’m taking the Blue Devils in this one by 3 points. I feel the Fairland game has help this team to believe they can play with anybody.
Have you even seen these teams play....Blue devils by 20

mickylikeylicky
Waterboy

GAHSBB#1fan wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:37 pm This is going to be a fun game. This is a heavy weight Matchup between 2 very good teams. This is a game you want to play your “A” game take care of basketball and make free throws and stay out of foul trouble. I’m taking the Blue Devils in this one by 3 points. I feel the Fairland game has help this team to believe they can play with anybody.
Have you even seen these teams play....Blue devils by 11

mickylikeylicky
Waterboy

FU might be able to pull this one out if Zach Loveday dont hit one of his killer 3balls, boy them get the crowd roaring especially after a gage harrison jam

mickylikeylicky
Waterboy

FU might be able to pull this one out if Zach Loveday dont hit one of his killer 3balls, boy them get the crowd roaring especially after a gage harrison jam

mickylikeylicky
Waterboy

glock_block
Waterboy

Post by glock_block »

Fairfield union who. Gallia by 50

glock_block
Waterboy

Post by glock_block »

gage harrison, spencer harris, and my boy brendan carter are sleepers shhhhhhh

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

glock_block wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:49 pm Fairfield union who. Gallia by 50
emailed to Fairfield Union for locker room material.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:29 pm
So, I guess we know which squad that you are pulling for.👆👆👆

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wrong........I always back the old SEOAL first, but not by 50 points

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:29 pm
By 50......wow. I will have to show this one to the FU AD so he can get a good laugh. This will be a close game and I think it’s going to come down to the play of Loveday vs Woodside. Pulling for an FU win.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

You guys noticed all those crazy posts are by waterboys right. Most probably just found this website.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think if blue devils win this game has to be in the 50’s not that the blue devils can’t score but if takes 70 to win. The defense wasn’t good and the blue devils are trying to catch up.

Return to “Boys Basketball”