Re: GAHS vs Fairfield Union 3/1

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Of course that was a sectional not a district

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

FlyingBuckeye3 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:33 pm
Hornetz_Fan32 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:15 pm There was no way loveday was going inside with woodside on him. He only went below the foul line a few times. This did open up the lane for gallia. He did go inside when woodside was resting on the bench and a smaller player was put on him. (Houston) He was very aggressive then. He got some great rebounds and blocked shots. In division 2 when u get to the convo, the refs has always let them play inside. Now if it was a D4 game, woodside would've fouled out in the first half imo. Gallia had great guard play and defense. Call kept them in the game in the first half and then everybody got rolling. Couldn't have asked for a better game to watch. Down to the last shot.
I believe "letting them play" was a little exaggerated last night. 5 total fouls in the first half, and 10 total outside of the last two minutes? Did either big man have a foul the entire game? I personally saw 2 pushes, with arms fully extended, not get called. Fouls have to be called when a post player has position but gets displaced because of a forearm in the back, versus the defender working hard to get around the seal. I would say the game was officiated fairly consistent, but not even comparable to the FHS v VC game. It's hard for teams to adjust from touch fouls being called, as in the FHS v VC game, to blatant hacks being ignored. Who knows what type of officiating will show up for FHS v FU.
Here's the thing, if it is the same crew as last night's game, then it will be the exact same. That crew is consistent from the first game of the year until the last game of the year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Been to every game at the the schott the last 4 years and I can tell you it is extremely physical!!!!

Better learn to put your big boy pants on now at the district before you get shell shocked at the regionals or state.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Seems another coach in SE Ohio does not know how to coach "Big Men"--I agree how can he score just 4 pts???????? I would not blame him to go else where--when your coach was a shooting guard---you know what he is going to work on.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:57 pm Seems another coach in SE Ohio does not know how to coach "Big Men"--I agree how can he score just 4 pts???????? I would not blame him to go else where--when your coach was a shooting guard---you know what he is going to work on.
I am sorry, but that is simply an absurd comment.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think loveday will be staying put. He enjoys going to Gallia academy and he enjoys being on that team. If you could not see that Fairfield union pretty much said you can beat us but it won’t be loveday who does it then you did not watch the same game I did.

Even when they fronted them in high post they had a back side defender sag so there would be no easy entrance. And as soon as he went to make a move his feet were taken out by the big guy. A year ago almost every post player in southeast had there way with him. This year only a few. As he adds another 25 to 35 lbs in offseason he will be even more of a force.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:57 pm Seems another coach in SE Ohio does not know how to coach "Big Men"--I agree how can he score just 4 pts???????? I would not blame him to go else where--when your coach was a shooting guard---you know what he is going to work on.
Sure can tell you do not know the game of basketball.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

SE Ohio basketball is way different than Central Ohio basketball. I hope not many people had their way with the 67th ranked player in the COUNTRY!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Very good game to watch.....I thought the biggest play for both teams was when Gallia Academy was up 39-34, but didn't get back on defense and allowed a 3 pointer by the Falcons, making it 39-37. The Blue Devils had FU in a difficult situation but a lapse on D turned out to be a huge play. Still a great season by GAHS, and the best is yet to come. They will probably roll through the OVC undefeated in 2018-2019, and hopefully use this experience playing at the Convo to reach greater heights in tournament play.

Congratulations to Colin Woodside on being the all time leading scorer in FUHS history.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

trojandave wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:15 pm Very good game to watch.....I thought the biggest play for both teams was when Gallia Academy was up 39-34, but didn't get back on defense and allowed a 3 pointer by the Falcons, making it 39-37. The Blue Devils had FU in a difficult situation but a lapse on D turned out to be a huge play. Still a great season by GAHS, and the best is yet to come. They will probably roll through the OVC undefeated in 2018-2019, and hopefully use this experience playing at the Convo to reach greater heights in tournament play.

Congratulations to Colin Woodside on being the all time leading scorer in FUHS history.
Good post Dave, I completely agree.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BLUE DEVILS ON AN AWESOME YEAR.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Any off season updates ?

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Geronimo wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:06 pm Any off season updates ?
Loveday seems to be doing really well this spring on the Louisville Magic AAU sqaud. A whole lot of D1 coaches will be rolling through Gallia County soon.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

That sounds good ! And hope he stays at GA !

Return to “Boys Basketball”