Waterboy

GAHS vs Fairfield Union 3/1

Post by Gahsfan1986 »

Thoughts?

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Re: GAHS vs Fairfield Union 3/1

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

This is going to be a fun game. This is a heavy weight Matchup between 2 very good teams. This is a game you want to play your “A” game take care of basketball and make free throws and stay out of foul trouble. I’m taking the Blue Devils in this one by 3 points. I feel the Fairland game has help this team to believe they can play with anybody.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The A game is must for GA IN this one ! Good Luck Blue !

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

This should be a great game. Anything can happen at the CONVO!!!!!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I know nothing about Fairfield union. But I know from record and schedule that they have to be a very good team. So I am sure they will be a tough test for my Blue Devils.

But man my Blue devil team seems like the 3rd different team we have seen this year and this team is by far the best. A real light for them came on from them after the fairland game. And this team is now playing at a different level. Nothing seems to be rattling this team right now. Playing very smart ball on a consistent basis.

The 2 great drives that call had against fairland has propelled him to really show off his athletic ability and is now taking everyone to the hoop.

Maybe for the first time ever for this group. You don’t have one kid looking at the scoreboard worrying about getting there points. I mean did wiseman even take 3 shots Friday. They are understanding to find the defensive weakness and to exploit what the defense gives up.

On defensive end you can tell that they understand how to turn that up and frustrate teams.

I look forward for the Blue Devils to give there best effort at convo. We will see if it will be good enough. Blue devils at convo first time in 10 years a win would be first district win in 15 years.

They need to just not look ahead Fairfield union too good for that but I can tell you this team wants a third shot at the dragons.

One last thought.... love the seniors blonde look.... LOL

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

FairField is a very good team !

Gahsfan1986
Waterboy

Post by Gahsfan1986 »

From what I have heard they are all going blonde

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

FairField Union 64
New Lexington 45
Box FU
Woodside 16
Thompson 16
Harrah 13
Conley 11
Conrad 5
Poston 3

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

I would guess that gallIpolis probably really doesn't want to go through Fairland to get to the regionals. But if they both win Thursday we will find out. Good luck to both teams. Hopefully gallipolis doesn't have any blonde moments.

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

Last time I remember when Gallia Academy had a chance to go to regionals it was about the same situation. Waverly who back at that time was in the Old SEOAL and beat Gallia Academy twice in regular season and won the league Gallia Academy finish second in the league only loses was to the #1 team in the state the Waverly Tigers. Gallia Academy was #7 in the state at that time Gallia Academy took care of business and won their District game setting up a rematch for the 3rd time, but Waverly didn’t hold up their end of the bargain they got upset by Alexander and Gallia Academy beat Alexander to advance to the Regionals as you say anything can happen in tournament play.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Hornetz_Fan32 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:57 pm I would guess that gallIpolis probably really doesn't want to go through Fairland to get to the regionals. But if they both win Thursday we will find out. Good luck to both teams. Hopefully gallipolis doesn't have any blonde moments.
Not meaning that they wanted to see fairland in the district. Meaning that when that game was over there was a lot of teaching and talking. And I happen to know a big theme of what they have going on since then is take care of buisness and you will probably get another shot at what you didn’t close out tonight.

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Agreed. Good learning lesson. Be some good basketball Thursday night. Should be interesting.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Price @ Noe in the 70's got beat by Dayton Jefferson may be wrong Jefferson had better guard play in that game ! That was regionals the last team to go May be wrong ? If right make history Blue! Good Luck!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 6-5 Colin Woodside vs 7-1 Zach Loveday ... a "big" matchup in the paint ... Woodside for FU will not get out worked in the paint ... Coach Eversole & staff do a good job in getting the FU big man "some' rest as he goes 100% for the entire time he is in the game ... the "length" of Loveday WILL BE an issue for Woodside BUT FU has a second BIG MAN in the middle in Houston Harrah at 6-7 ... between the 2 bigs for FU you might not find a better duo of inside passers down low ... Loveday WILL change shots down low, WILL change shots on the perimeter when he contests perimeter shots ...I see Houston Harrah having a BIG game in the paint for FU ... if Loveday has to guard Houston then Woodside will not only have a big game but WILL beat GA down low ... Loveday has to use his length to offset Woodsides strength down low, IF GA goes with a different matchup vs Woodside there is no one who is strong enough to keep CW away from the rim ... I look for Lucas Thompson to have a big game for FU as well, as he has the strength to go inside and hit the deep ball ... both Thompson and Conrad are due to have a good offensive game ... FU scoring from the perimeter will open things up in the paint even with Loveday in the paint ... Gallia Academy is in the Elite 8 for a reason - they are a quality team, playing their best basketball right now ... 3 losses, 2 vs Fairland ... the matchups other than Loveday/Woodside or Loveday/Harrah go to FU imo ... going to be a fun one to watch from the Cheap Seats in the Convo ... on paper means nada ! got to tip it off and get it done on the hardwood ... best of luck to both teams !

Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:56 pm ... 6-5 Colin Woodside vs 7-1 Zach Loveday ... a "big" matchup in the paint ... Woodside for FU will not get out worked in the paint ... Coach Eversole & staff do a good job in getting the FU big man "some' rest as he goes 100% for the entire time he is in the game ... the "length" of Loveday WILL BE an issue for Woodside BUT FU has a second BIG MAN in the middle in Houston Harrah at 6-7 ... between the 2 bigs for FU you might not find a better duo of inside passers down low ... Loveday WILL change shots down low, WILL change shots on the perimeter when he contests perimeter shots ...I see Houston Harrah having a BIG game in the paint for FU ... if Loveday has to guard Houston then Woodside not only will a big game but WILL beat GA down low ... Loveday has to use his length to offset Woodsides strength down low, IF GA goes with a different matchup vs Woodside there is no one who is strong enough to keep CW away from the rim ... I look for Lucas Thompson to have a big game for FU as well, as he has the strength to go inside and hit the deep ball ... both Thompson and Spencer are due to have a good offensive game ... FU scoring from the perimeter will open things up in the paint even with Loveday in the paint ... Gallia Academy is in the Elite 8 for a reason - they are a quality team, playing their best basketball right now ... 3 losses, 2 vs Fairland ... the matchups other than Loveday/Woodside or Loveday/Harrah go to FU imo ... going to be a fun one to watch from the Cheap Seats in the Convo ... on paper means nada ! got to tip it off and get it done on the hardwood ... best of luck to both teams !

You do not need a huge player to defend Woodside . Put someone quick that defends low side and make him turn inside and get help . Help from the inside comes a lot easier than from the low side IMO. I'll have to go with FU JUST TOO GOOD . Loveday nice player but Woodside just too strong for him to handle . FU 72 GAHS 64.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

I'm going to take Fairfield U. Gallia is just not as good without Peck.

Making offers you can't refuse
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wasn't peck gone when Gallia played Fairland the 2nd time?
He might haven't played the first game.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:52 pm Wasn't peck gone when Gallia played Fairland the 2nd time?
He might haven't played the first game.
First game with Peck second game without

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game will be broadcast on K92; 92.1 FM and also online at www.wyvk.com.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Sounds like blue devils may need to use some different players from normal rotation if they need down low help on defense.

I think if blue devils are able to win this game it will be relatively low scoring. Just like with fairland this isn’t a team the blue devils want to exchange baskets with

Return to “Boys Basketball”