Official Convo thread - 2018

Which team is more likely to upset the higher seed?

1. Gallia (over Fairfield Union)
11%
2. Warren (over Unioto)
16%
3. Paint Valley (over Oak Hill)
23%
4. Lynchburg Clay (over Wheelersburg)
15%
5. Alexander (over Piketon)
35%

Total votes: 124

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Re: Official Convo thread - 2018

Post by AnkleBraces »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:43 pm ... on a positive note ! I just got my golden ticket to the 3 Weeks of the Convo ! access to the Land of hot dogs & tootsie rolls ! I will do my best to live up to SEOPs expectations in providing game rundowns , Napkin Stats & IMOs after the action at the Convo beginning Thursday Night !!! thanks Mattash !

How does one get the golden ticket and how much does it cost?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

1/2 the DIV games are now set

(1) Coal Grove vs (4) Miller - 2:00PM - Sunday
(1) Trimble vs (5) Green - 5:30 - Sunday

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Looks like my Redstreaks aren’t getting any respect, but what else am I supposed to expect? The last time I checked Piketon was the 1 seed if I looked at it right. I’ll see everyone at the Convo Saturday and as always Onward Piketon !!!!!!!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:31 am Looks like my Redstreaks aren’t getting any respect, but what else am I supposed to expect? The last time I checked Piketon was the 1 seed if I looked at it right. I’ll see everyone at the Convo Saturday and as always Onward Piketon !!!!!!!!!
Don’t worry, Waverly wasn’t even included in the poll as possibly upsetting Sheridan. That’s no respect.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Lol I just randomly picked a few teams. No thought what so ever into the poll!

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Plan on being there Sat.

glock_block
Waterboy

Post by glock_block »

gage harrison, spencer harris, and my boy brendan carter are sleepers shhhhhhh

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

AnkleBraces wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:37 pm
pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:43 pm ... on a positive note ! I just got my golden ticket to the 3 Weeks of the Convo ! access to the Land of hot dogs & tootsie rolls ! I will do my best to live up to SEOPs expectations in providing game rundowns , Napkin Stats & IMOs after the action at the Convo beginning Thursday Night !!! thanks Mattash !

I'm curious too pfloyd. If the price is right, I'd be very tempted to fly up from here in Seminole country to watch a weekend of games.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

After two thrillers at Meigs tonight, the entire 24-team field is set!

SOC: Waverly, Oak Hill, Wheelersburg, Eastern Pike, Green, South Webster, New Boston
TVC: Vinton County, Alexander, Trimble, Miller, Waterford
SVC: Piketon, Southeastern, Unioto, Paint Valley
OVC: Gallia, Fairland, Coal Grove
SHL: Lynchburg Clay, Peebles
MSL: Fairfield Union
MVL: Sheridan
IND: Warren

match-ups, records, dates and times ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Convo.html

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93bulldog, are you broadcasting the Piketon vs Alexander and the Trimble vs Green games ? ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:07 pm ... 93bulldog, are you broadcasting the Piketon vs Alexander and the Trimble vs Green games ? ...

Yes

I personally am only doing Trimble. But, have my other crew on Alex.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:58 pm After two thrillers at Meigs tonight, the entire 24-team field is set!

SOC: Waverly, Oak Hill, Wheelersburg, Eastern Pike, Green, South Webster, New Boston

match-ups, records, dates and times ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Convo.html
The SHAC still has Two teams, Fayetteville and Ripley in the super sectional in Cincinnati area.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The other 1/2 of the D4 games :

(7) South Webster v (3) New Boston. 3:45pm
(2) Peebles v (3) Waterford 7:15 pm

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:24 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:58 pm After two thrillers at Meigs tonight, the entire 24-team field is set!

The SHAC still has Two teams, Fayetteville and Ripley in the super sectional in Cincinnati area.
Yeah Fayetteville has won 2 tournament games and would be in the district semis of the SW district ....has Ripley won two also or did they get a bye of sorts?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:35 pm

Yeah Fayetteville has won 2 tournament games and would be in the district semis of the SW district ....has Ripley won two also or did they get a bye of sorts?
Ripley beat Lockland and played tonight. Haven't heard yet ,but they were playing like a 12 seed. 32west will probably get finals.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

I think Fayetteville will be playing #2 in state Deer Park Saturday.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

AnkleBraces wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:37 pm

You need to have those inside connections like our friend pfloyd does. You should've seen the sky box he had to watch the sectional semifinal games at Logan. ;)

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:35 pm

Ripley has won 2 games thus far. In the Southwest most higher seeds don’t get byes because they usually play the lowest seed. Ripley won last night 87-23 in their sectional final. They play Gamble Montessori who is the #2 seed as Ripley is #1. Winner goes on to district championship game at the University of Dayton. Fayetteville beat CNE last night 55-53 in their sectional championship. District semis they are playing Deer Park who is ranked top 5 in D3. Only 2 teams that’s sometimes hard to keep up with from the SHAC due to them being outside the southeast district. So Lynchburg-Clay, Peebles, Ripley and Fayetteville are still alive for the SHAC.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Curious if there has ever been a year when BOTH New Boston AND Green have been at the Convo at the same time?

Actually, Miller is not a team that makes frequent visits to the Convo either. Having all three playing Sunday is pretty interesting. The usual suspects, Manchester, Notre Dame, Clay, Southern, Eastern are MIA.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Is it 6:15 YET !!!! I'm here at school pacing ... watching the clock ... talking some hoops with Coach Helber of FU fame ... I CAN'T GET THE TIME TO GO ANY FASTER !!! ... my napkin stat sheets are ready to go (last night) ... missing twizzlers ! counting on Stephanie Evans from the SEOAB to have Tootsie Rolls in the Hospitality Room - some things you should NEVER skimp on Ms Evans !!! ... cargo shorts, NEW SEOPs shirt laid out along with the Chuck Taylors ... took out a loan so I could get at least one personal pizza at $6 and a water for $3 (smh) ! ... reserved seat - check ... I'm ready !!! Basketball 30 ! Lou Horvath on the PA to tell us ALL what time it is !! ... dang !!! the clock only moved 5 minutes !!!! :o :shock: :?

... Best of Luck to ALL of the TEAMS who punched their tickets to the Convo ! fans - be safe making the trek to the Mecca of High School Hoops - A'town & the Convo !!! see you there !!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”