Convo 3/3 6:30PM (1) Oak Hill v (5) Paint Valley

Post by AnkleBraces »

Norm vs Shoemaker

Great coaching matchup. Thoughts?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: PAINT VALLEY VS OAK HILL

Post by Ironman92 »

The cool thing and trendy seems to be to pick Paint Valley. I know they know how to go about battling with OH and should’ve beaten them last year...I don’t see it playing out that way this year.

Oak Hill 54
Paint Valley 45

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Paint a Valley will give the Oaks a good game but in the end Oak Hill prevails

jumpman35
Waterboy

Post by jumpman35 »

AnkleBraces wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:43 pm Norm vs Shoemaker

LOL!

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

jumpman35 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:09 pm
AnkleBraces wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:43 pm Norm vs Shoemaker

LOL!
I'm glad someone got it 👍

BigLeagueChew
Waterboy

Post by BigLeagueChew »

Noticed Paint Valley and Shoemaker stormed the floor after beating a 4 seed, so they may be emotionally out of gas. Also, what would the fan base do if they truly did upset someone? Jump the rails and dance on the bobcat?

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

BigLeagueChew wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:17 pm Noticed Paint Valley and Shoemaker stormed the floor after beating a 4 seed, so they may be emotionally out of gas. Also, what would the fan base do if they truly did upset someone? Jump the rails and dance on the bobcat?
Talk on the radio about how unfair it is for them to play such big schools and how great the program is when it was the worst in the state when Shoemaker took over, just like every other game. Fun fact, Shoemaker's first team had 3 1,000 point scorers on it and it was a "miracle" that they won 8 games, ask him about it, he'll tell you how great of a job he's done.

Oak Hill should win this game by a dozen. I'm guessing that they'll have a better strategy this year than playing behind Swingle and letting him make layups all night. If not, then PV will win this time around.

Pickoff42
Waterboy

Post by Pickoff42 »

Not every school has a football/basketball/baseball pedigree that they can lean on from years past. For some schools, every decent win, regardless of the seeding, might be a huge win to that community and it's kids and fans. It's ok for ADULTS to get on here and criticize the actions of KIDS (i.e. storming the floor for winning a sectional), but when you've never gone that far that many times, every win is a big win. Don't be an old fart-let kids have their fun. They'll remember it the rest of their lives. Again, not every school has the luxury of saying they continuously make the district, regionals, state, etc.

mickylikeylicky
Waterboy

Post by mickylikeylicky »

Landon Carol is a saint expecting 20+ out of him

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I have a feeling that after Swingle graduates we won’t be talking about Coach Shoemaker’s lack of coaching ability. He just may go back into retirement.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:33 pm I have a feeling that after Swingle graduates we won’t be talking about Coach Shoemaker’s lack of coaching ability. He just may go back into retirement.
Well duh. He isn't coaching unless they're talented.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:33 pm I have a feeling that after Swingle graduates we won’t be talking about Coach Shoemaker’s lack of coaching ability. He just may go back into retirement.
More time to focus on evaluating the a** hat of the day, shoe could certainly find a few on this site. As for the game, should be a 4 quarter back and forth tilt.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Very interesting game. I don't think the Oaks are playing that well. But having said that, they just may put it all together and win this one by 12. Isn't this a rematch from last year tourney time?

Making offers you can't refuse
joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

Yep, a rematch from last year's district semi. Pv had the game close to locked up late, but couldn't finish it off.

The game could very well come down to Pv's guards. They shot the ball extremely well in Waverly, hopefully they are able to carry it over to the Convo. I am guessing Oak Hill may defend the Bearcats a little differently than they saw in Waverly though. Both teams focused 2-3 guys on Swingle even when he didn't have the ball. I am guessing the Oaks may let him have more opportunities, but look to lock up the guards a little better.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Letting Swingle get looks is how Oak Hill almost got upset last year. I think OH will make the PV guards beat them and focus their attention on Swingle

Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

I’m taking Oak Hill by 17. I have seen both play. Oak Hill will be to much for Paint Valley. 77-60

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Lightle72 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:23 pm I’m taking Oak Hill by 17. I have seen both play. Oak Hill will be to much for Paint Valley. 77-60

That could be the margin but I don't think the pace Norm will want to play will dictate that many points. I think it will be in the 40s.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

The Flash wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:26 pm Letting Swingle get looks is how Oak Hill almost got upset last year. I think OH will make the PV guards beat them and focus their attention on Swingle
This is what Northwest tried and those guards scored at will. Now I know Northwest is no Oak Hill but Mason Campbell in my opinion is a great defensive player and PV's guards was draining 3's left and right

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Sports-nut wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:50 pm
The Flash wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:26 pm Letting Swingle get looks is how Oak Hill almost got upset last year. I think OH will make the PV guards beat them and focus their attention on Swingle
This is what Northwest tried and those guards scored at will. Now I know Northwest is no Oak Hill but Mason Campbell in my opinion is a great defensive player and PV's guards was draining 3's left and right
I’d take my chances with the guards. Shooting at the convo is different with the backdrop since there’s seats instead of a blank wall. I can guarantee Persin will have a game plan in place

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

First team to score 50-55 wins???

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “Boys Basketball”