Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8142
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by pfloyd » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:46 pm

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

1. Fairland (19-3)/ Logan (20-2)
3. Unioto (19-2)
4. Sheridan (19-3)
5. Gallia Academy (19-3)
6. Fairfield Union (17-5)
7. Warren (16-6)
8. Chillicothe (16-6)


...TreeHugger Wannabees ...

Oak Hill (19-2)
Eastern Pike (18-3)
Coal Grove (16-5)
Piketon (17-5)
West Union (16-4)
Jackson (14-7)
Wheelersburg (17-3)
15

Vinton County (14-7)
Waverly (16-6)
Peebles (17-5)
Eastern Brown (15-7)
Portsmouth (15-7)
Zane Trace (15-7)
Miami Trace (11-11)
Paint Valley (14-7)
Athens (12-9)
Whiteoak (12-10)
25

Waterford (14-7)
Lynchburg Clay (13-8)
Trimble (15-5)
New Boston (15-7)
Alexander (11-10)
Logan Elm (9-13)
Western Pike (13-9)
Belpre (12-10)
Southern (14-7)
Fairfield Leesburg (12-10)
35

Miller (13-8)
South Point (9-12)
Meigs (9-13)
Ironton (6-15)
St Joseph (15-6)
Marietta (8-14)
Minford (8-12)
Wellston (10-10)
Crooksville (8-14)
New Lexington (8-13)
45

Portsmouth West (8-12)
Green (11-9)
South Webster (7-13)
Hillsboro (7-15)
Circleville (7-14)
North Adams (10-11)
Southeastern (9-13)
Symmes Valley (12-9)
Chesapeake (5-15)
Nelsonville York (5-16)
55

Adena (6-14)
Lucasville Valley (5-15)
South Gallia (6-14)
Northwest (6-16)
River Valley (5-15)
Eastern Reedsville (10-12)
Manchester (5-16)
Washington CH (3-17)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (3-18)
Portsmouth East (5-15)
65

Westfall (4-18)

.... Teams on the End Table ...

Greenfield McClain (3-19)
Huntington (3-19)
Wahama (3-18)
Federal Hocking (2-19)
Rock Hill (1-16)
Portsmouth Clay (2-20)

Image
Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.


Image

User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12292
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by 93Bulldog » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:22 pm

Chubb, Maxfield down at the rec today shootin hoops already. When does the pre season elite 8 come out? Dogs gotta be top 8 material. Haha

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8142
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by pfloyd » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:34 pm

93Bulldog wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:22 pm
Chubb, Maxfield down at the rec today shootin hoops already. When does the pre season elite 8 come out? Dogs gotta be top 8 material. Haha
Count on seeing Athens, Warren, Sheridan, Chillicothe, Piketon , Logan, Zane Trace, Portsmouth, Logan Elm as part of the Elite 8 or very close to the top 8 going into next year ... I was writing those off the top of my head .... I'm sure there are others that should be right there for consideration as well FU will be there with a lot of freshmen playing up this season, Fairland is said to be looking good for next year as well ... some of the powers of a few years ago - Chesapeake, Whiteoak, Alexander , Lucasville Valley have groups of kids ready to move those schools back into contention ... NEXT YEAR will be a great year for SE Ohio hoops AGAIN !

Image
Image

Point blank
Riding the Bench
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:53 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by Point blank » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:12 pm

Nb beat white oak at white oak. Sure u didnt graduate from white oak pink? Come on show ur tigers some love

mhs95_06
All State
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by mhs95_06 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:07 am

You may have missed these due to being unexpectedly gone over the weekend:

25

Waterford (14-7)
Lynchburg Clay (13-8)
Trimble (15-5)
New Boston (15-7)
Alexander (11-10)
Logan Elm (9-13)
Western Pike (13-9)
Belpre (12-9)................ended 12-10 after losing to Eastern Meigs 71-73 on 2/23
Southern (14-7)
Fairfield Leesburg (12-10)
35

Miller (11-8)................ended 13-8, plays Belpre in tourney on 2/27
South Point (9-12)
Meigs (9-13)
Ironton (6-15)
St Joseph (15-6)
Marietta (8-14)
Minford (8-12)
Wellston (10-10)
Crooksville (8-14)
New Lexington (8-13)
45

Portsmouth West (8-12)
Green (11-9)
South Webster (7-13)
Hillsboro (7-15)
Circleville (7-14)
North Adams (10-11)
Southeastern (9-13)
Symmes Valley (12-9)
Chesapeake (5-15)
Nelsonville York (5-16)
55

Adena (6-14)
Lucasville Valley (5-15)
South Gallia (6-14)
Northwest (6-16)
River Valley (5-15)
Eastern Reedsville (8-12) .....ended 10-12 in reg season after beating Belpre on 2/23, 10-13 after tourney loss 2/21 to S. Gallia



This ought to make the Belpre/Miller tourney game at Meigs 2/27 about an even game!

Moses Guthrie
JV Team
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:11 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by Moses Guthrie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:57 am

pfloyd wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:34 pm
93Bulldog wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:22 pm
Chubb, Maxfield down at the rec today shootin hoops already. When does the pre season elite 8 come out? Dogs gotta be top 8 material. Haha
Count on seeing Athens, Warren, Sheridan, Chillicothe, Piketon , Logan, Zane Trace, Portsmouth, Logan Elm as part of the Elite 8 or very close to the top 8 going into next year ... I was writing those off the top of my head .... I'm sure there are others that should be right there for consideration as well FU will be there with a lot of freshmen playing up this season, Fairland is said to be looking good for next year as well ... some of the powers of a few years ago - Chesapeake, Whiteoak, Alexander , Lucasville Valley have groups of kids ready to move those schools back into contention ... NEXT YEAR will be a great year for SE Ohio hoops AGAIN !

Image
Thanks for all that you do to cover HS hoops! I have thoroughly enjoyed it the past few years..!! Unfortunately for Portsmouth, it might possibly be a rebuilding year in 2018-19 as we graduate 5 of the top 7.. 4 of those being starters.
A solid 8th grade group will soon be in the mix in a couple years, helping Matthew Fraulini and company..
Go Trojans!!!

Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6510
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by Raider6309 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 am

Fairland is the more complete team over Logan. Fairland lost to Akron SVSM by a last second shot. SVSM beat the D1 central regional power Pickerington Central

danicalifornia
SEOPS H
Posts: 7261
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Chillicothe

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by danicalifornia » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:11 am

Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 am
Fairland is the more complete team over Logan. Fairland lost to Akron SVSM by a last second shot. SVSM beat the D1 central regional power Pickerington Central
SVSM was winning by 5 when Fairland made a 3 at the buzzer, so yeah that's a last second shot.

Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6510
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by Raider6309 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:21 am

And Fairland was up 18 in that game. Logan's weakness is the paint where Fairland would own

#BreakTheTie

trojandave
SEOP
Posts: 3425
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--3rd All Time in Ohio

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by trojandave » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:30 am

Congratulations to the Lynchburg Clay Mustangs on their sectional championship.......and to my Portsmouth Trojans on a very good 16-8 season. To all the Trojan seniors, Reese Johnson, DJ Eley, Daniel Jordan, Isaac Kelly, Gabe Gambill, and Anthony Ferrara, thanks for continuing the tradition of winning basketball at PHS.

I agree with Moses Guthrie about next year's Trojans........it will be a difficult season in the win column.......look for Portsmouth to have a roster that could include quite a few sophomores and maybe some freshmen........but two years from now those kids will benefit from gaining varsity experience.

Ukfanatic
JV Team
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by Ukfanatic » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:35 am

Waverly will be very very good next year. Couldn't get any love even though they were 17-6 this year, but they return 6 juniors who all got significant playing time this year three of which were starters, Remington, Marquez, Wolfe, Hoover, Dunn, and Penrod. Add in the other Wolfe boy plus some juniors who will step up and Robertson, Stulley and Futhey as freshman. Should be able to play 10 strong and continue the run and press style they are so good at.

User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17215
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:58 am

Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 am
Fairland is the more complete team over Logan. Fairland lost to Akron SVSM by a last second shot. SVSM beat the D1 central regional power Pickerington Central
Put your pea shooter away, Raider. :lol: :lol: :lol: Hater. :?

Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6510
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by Raider6309 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:04 pm

We will see what team is in the state finals

EagleNut14
Riding the Bench
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:19 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by EagleNut14 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:49 pm

pfloyd wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:34 pm
93Bulldog wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:22 pm
Chubb, Maxfield down at the rec today shootin hoops already. When does the pre season elite 8 come out? Dogs gotta be top 8 material. Haha
Count on seeing Athens, Warren, Sheridan, Chillicothe, Piketon , Logan, Zane Trace, Portsmouth, Logan Elm as part of the Elite 8 or very close to the top 8 going into next year ... I was writing those off the top of my head .... I'm sure there are others that should be right there for consideration as well FU will be there with a lot of freshmen playing up this season, Fairland is said to be looking good for next year as well ... some of the powers of a few years ago - Chesapeake, Whiteoak, Alexander , Lucasville Valley have groups of kids ready to move those schools back into contention ... NEXT YEAR will be a great year for SE Ohio hoops AGAIN !

Image
What about Eastern Pike? 20-3 with only loses to Oak Hill, Africentric (2 top 10 teams in D3) and a good Ripley team. With all starters returning.

EagleNut14
Riding the Bench
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:19 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by EagleNut14 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:50 pm

I'm not sure about Piketon being near the elite 8 with Perdue gone either.

Smokyhollowbandit
Freshman Team
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by Smokyhollowbandit » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:27 pm

EagleNut14 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:50 pm
I'm not sure about Piketon being near the elite 8 with Perdue gone either.
I can see Piketon in the elite 8 next season. Yes losing a player like Perdue will hurt the Redstreaks but I don’t think it will hurt like everyone thinks. Piketon will still be returning a lot of guys (Lightle, Blanton, Thacker, Little, Mathews) and I also see a lot of younger guys contributing. I wouldn’t sleep on Piketon next year

EagleNut14
Riding the Bench
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:19 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by EagleNut14 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:09 pm

Smokyhollowbandit wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:27 pm
EagleNut14 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:50 pm
I'm not sure about Piketon being near the elite 8 with Perdue gone either.
I can see Piketon in the elite 8 next season. Yes losing a player like Perdue will hurt the Redstreaks but I don’t think it will hurt like everyone thinks. Piketon will still be returning a lot of guys (Lightle, Blanton, Thacker, Little, Mathews) and I also see a lot of younger guys contributing. I wouldn’t sleep on Piketon next year
Piketon will be .500 next year at best.

Smokyhollowbandit
Freshman Team
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by Smokyhollowbandit » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:22 pm

EagleNut14 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:09 pm
Smokyhollowbandit wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:27 pm
EagleNut14 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:50 pm
I'm not sure about Piketon being near the elite 8 with Perdue gone either.
I can see Piketon in the elite 8 next season. Yes losing a player like Perdue will hurt the Redstreaks but I don’t think it will hurt like everyone thinks. Piketon will still be returning a lot of guys (Lightle, Blanton, Thacker, Little, Mathews) and I also see a lot of younger guys contributing. I wouldn’t sleep on Piketon next year
Piketon will be .500 next year at best.
Don’t be hating on my Redstreaks. Been around the program for almost 50 years now. Seen a lot of Redstreaks basketball over the years, this team will NOT be bad

EagleNut14
Riding the Bench
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:19 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by EagleNut14 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:42 pm

Smokyhollowbandit wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:22 pm
EagleNut14 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:09 pm
Smokyhollowbandit wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:27 pm


I can see Piketon in the elite 8 next season. Yes losing a player like Perdue will hurt the Redstreaks but I don’t think it will hurt like everyone thinks. Piketon will still be returning a lot of guys (Lightle, Blanton, Thacker, Little, Mathews) and I also see a lot of younger guys contributing. I wouldn’t sleep on Piketon next year
Piketon will be .500 next year at best.
Don’t be hating on my Redstreaks. Been around the program for almost 50 years now. Seen a lot of Redstreaks basketball over the years, this team will NOT be bad
I'm not hating I'm just giving you my honest opinion. I'm not saying they are going to bad. I'm saying they will not be close to the elite 8 and will be around .500. Is anyone on Piketon averaging double figures other than Perdue?

trojandave
SEOP
Posts: 3425
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--3rd All Time in Ohio

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by trojandave » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:42 pm

Watch out for the Ironton Fighting Tigers in 2018-2019. They return virtually everybody, including PG Ethan Wilson, SF Charlie Large, and P Reed Carrico, who scored 23 points as a freshman vs. Wheelersburg in the Jackson sectional. No team I've seen this year played harder than Ironton did against the Burg. Beware the Tigers of Coach Mark Lafon next year.

Post Reply