Convo 3/3 8:15PM (10) Southeastern v (3) Eastern Pike

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Convo 3/3 8:15PM (10) Southeastern v (3) Eastern Pike

Post by AnkleBraces »

I will go watch this one just to see assistant coach Skaggs (7'0") chest bump the players haha. Will Cinderella's shoe fit SE again this year?

The Flash
Varsity

Re: SOUTHEASTERN VS EASTERN PIKE

Post by The Flash »

Go panthers! It will be a tall task to beat Barrick’s squad

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

This could be a good game. Southeastern is a dangerous tournament team. Wheeler and Miller should be a good match up inside. I’ll take SE by 5

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern Pike really really should win this game.

Eastern by 12

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

With SE schedule of Unioto x2, Zane Trace x2, Westfall x2, Vinton County, Miami Trace, Amanda clearcreek, all Division 2 , throw in strong D 3 teams like Piketon, Paint Valley, and Alexander as well. Any team they see in the sectional or even District is not going to be anything they haven’t seen already. I like the way they are playing and their chances in this one. I’ll take the Panthers in a close one.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Eagles should win this by 15

GO EAGLES
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

KRS wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:38 pm With SE schedule of Unioto x2, Zane Trace x2, Westfall x2, Vinton County, Miami Trace, Amanda clearcreek, all Division 2 , throw in strong D 3 teams like Piketon, Paint Valley, and Alexander as well. Any team they see in the sectional or even District is not going to be anything they haven’t seen already. I like the way they are playing and their chances in this one. I’ll take the Panthers in a close one.
Westfall?

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Just examples of the 8-10 D 2 schools they play every year. If I am Listing the good, have to list the ones that are down as well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

KRS wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:23 am Just examples of the 8-10 D 2 schools they play every year. If I am Listing the good, have to list the ones that are down as well.
Ok

I do feel the schedules are pretty similar overall.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Eastern should win, but if Hartman goes off like he's capable of, Southeastern will have a really good chance to win. The PG matchup should be a wash and Wheeler vs Miller will be a nice matchup too inside. Hartman's shooting ability will be a big key for EP to slow down.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Looking forward to taking in this game! Should be a good one and a fun-filled day of basketball at the Convo!

I'll go with

Eastern Pike 56
Southeastern 52

Watching SE Ohio basketball
EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

If Eastern comes out ready to play 10-15 point win. If they come out flat and let Southeastern hang around things could get interesting.

theblessedone33
Waterboy

Post by theblessedone33 »

I like eastern by 20+

66-44

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Ruby is going to need a big game. Will need to be a floor general and a scorer. Go Panthers!

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

This is an interesting matchup to me. I’m throwing regular season records out the window since both teams are 2-0 in the 2nd season.

So here is the way I see it. Southeastern plays in a Div. II/III league and Eastern plays in a Div. IV league. Preparation for the Div - III tournament - advantage to Southeastern. Southeastern is a regular in Div. III and was in the Division III district tournament last year. This is Eastern’s first year in Div. III. Advantage to Southeastern. Both teams have good big men and both have good point guards. Hartman for Southeastetn may be the X-factor in this game.

I see Southeastern having been in this situation before and Eastern has not. I give the advantage to Southeastern in this game. BUT .... that is just my opinion!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Barrick is a decent factor.

Old Blue
Waterboy

Post by Old Blue »

I’m going with Southeastern, they can pull it off..

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

I'm going to go with Eastern Pike in this one. But with Southeastern, you never know.

Making offers you can't refuse
Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

Which ever team runs FLEX better

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Point blank wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:19 am Which ever team runs FLEX better
Lol.
Southeastern sure didn't run it last game but hope they aren't afraid to use it and make the other team play some D. I think people around here forget were playing a team that has won 2O games . with that being said , I'll take the Panthers in a major upset.
I, along with West Unions coaching staff are still trying to figure out what kind of defense the Panthers were in the second half when they dominated the 2 seed on Saturday. Just making it to the convo was more than I expected this season so anything beyond is just icing on the cake . Best of luck.

Return to “Boys Basketball”