Fairland vs Fairfield Union

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Fairland vs Fairfield Union

Post by Basketballfan40 »

I think this could be a good game being at this stage

i83
Freshman Team

Re: Fairland vs Fairfield Union 3/9 early thoughts??

Post by i83 »

Fairland rolls by10 ➕

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

Go Fairfield union !!!!!

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Tough task for Fairfield Union, but I will be pulling for them. I may have to take this game in and watch it in person.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I like Fairland in this one, good luck Dragons

Unbiased
Waterboy

Post by Unbiased »

Fairland rolls this one by 20+
Fairland played sloppy against VC and still found them up by 21 late in the game. People doubted Fairland vs VC and they will do the same in this one. However, Fairland is on another level than these teams.

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

Don’t doubt them , just root against them !

ina slump
Waterboy

Post by ina slump »

Dragons defense too strong and won't be pushed around . Much quicker. With that said if Fairfield Union hits their shots they can stay in the game,

I see Fairland by 15.

porkyfan
Waterboy

Post by porkyfan »

Fairland by 20+, fairfield had a tough game against gallia and they shoukdve lost but the officiating was terrible,the convo is basically fairlands home court and there is no way FU pulls and upset

varsity 1000 point club 6th man
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Fairfield Union is a great team and I have a lot of respect for their coaching staff - their kids always seem to be in the right positions.

They are going up against a true juggernaut in this one. I think Fairfield Union will keep it close for awhile, and Fairland will pull away in the 4th.

Fairland 58
Fairfield Union 44

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

porkyfan wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:45 am Fairland by 20+, fairfield had a tough game against gallia and they shoukdve lost but the officiating was terrible,the convo is basically fairlands home court and there is no way FU pulls and upset
Always glad to hear the refs cost them the game. It's even better to know it's going to happen in the next game too. :lol:

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Fairland is the real deal. Will have no trouble with anyone is SE OHIO. Good luck!!!

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Post by falconbball »

hopefully FU tough non league schedule will pay dividens to them , they have played some top teams in the state Columbus south early in the year , Beechcroft (columbus city league champs) which only lost by 10. They also played the 1 seed in the other side of the bracket Sheridan and lost a close one. Oh and wait also beating Unioto in a close one. Coach Eversole prepares his team very well for games and he has a week to do so. FU will be ready, going to be a great game I believe. Who does Fairland play in their league? to be honest I didnt even know where they were located had to look them up. Good luck to both teams GO Falcons!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:18 am Fairfield Union is a great team and I have a lot of respect for their coaching staff - their kids always seem to be in the right positions.

They are going up against a true juggernaut in this one. I think Fairfield Union will keep it close for awhile, and Fairland will pull away in the 4th.

Fairland 58
Fairfield Union 44
Hammer on the head of the nail, although my prediction is different. FU has one of the best coaching staffs in the southeast quadrant in Ohio, full stop. Eversole makes great in-game adjustments and it pays.

If Evan Conley can work another great game this time around, then I think this one comes down to two minutes! (Two minutes remain until the Sweet Sixteen!)

Go Falcons!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

this will be a good one. but like most have said already fairland is just too much for fairfield. but good luck to both.

AT THE RESERVATION
GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

I believe the key in this game is Vanhorn if he gets in foul trouble like he did against VC FU has got a good chance to pull off the upset. Because Woodside will go off if Vanhorn isn’t in the game. I believe in this game it’s critical for Fairland for him to stay out of foul trouble.

Transparent
Waterboy

Post by Transparent »

Jim Ryan wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:31 am
porkyfan wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:45 am Fairland by 20+, fairfield had a tough game against gallia and they shoukdve lost but the officiating was terrible,the convo is basically fairlands home court and there is no way FU pulls and upset
Always glad to hear the refs cost them the game. It's even better to know it's going to happen in the next game too. :lol:
Exactly true. Excuses excuses. Some fans make entire communities look bad. Smh

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Fairland has a speed advantage, but FU is kinda bigger across the board. Maybe not taller, but they are 'healthy' big, especially Woodside. I always favor speed, but I think FU gives em a challenge for awhile.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

FU by 1 in OT.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

After watching both teams last night, and having seen Fairland several times before, I definitely think the Dragons have a quickness advantage. FHS did not play their typical game vs.Vinton County, and they will have to finish around the basket better vs. the Falcons. I think it is very important for Fairland to not give open looks to FU from the perimeter, as they have several players who can knock down the 3. I also believe that the battle of the bigs will be interesting......Woodside will have to be wary of Van Horn's ability to run the court. He beat Vinton County down the floor several times.

Fairland should win if they play their normal game, but if they don't, Fairfield Union could pull off a district title.

Return to “Boys Basketball”