Fairland vs Fairfield Union

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Fairland vs Fairfield Union 3/9 early thoughts??

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GET ER DONE DRAGONS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
earp
S

Post by earp »

Defensewins wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:35 pm
falconbball wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:01 am hopefully FU tough non league schedule will pay dividens to them , they have played some top teams in the state Columbus south early in the year , Beechcroft (columbus city league champs) which only lost by 10. They also played the 1 seed in the other side of the bracket Sheridan and lost a close one. Oh and wait also beating Unioto in a close one. Coach Eversole prepares his team very well for games and he has a week to do so. FU will be ready, going to be a great game I believe. Who does Fairland play in their league? to be honest I didnt even know where they were located had to look them up. Good luck to both teams GO Falcons!!
Fairland has played the toughest schedule in the Southeast. They have played 4 teams this year that won State Championships last year.
Yes one of which "Cox Mill NC" is nationally ranked.

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

If Fairland plays their “A” game there is nobody in this region that can beat them or even come close to beating them, but after saying that if Fairland doesn’t play their “A” game and has a off night shooting or gets into foul trouble FU has a good chance to pull off the upset, but again that is wishful thinking if your FU! Fairland has guys who have played in the big games and when the game is on the line they show up in a mighty way. That Luke Thomas has Ice in his veins. Fairland has too many weapons for most teams.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

This will be my first time watching these two teams, looking forward to it.

Unbiased
Waterboy

Post by Unbiased »

falconbball wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:37 am
Unbiased wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:02 am Fairland rolls this one by 20+
Fairland played sloppy against VC and still found them up by 21 late in the game. People doubted Fairland vs VC and they will do the same in this one. However, Fairland is on another level than these teams.
Whoa no respect for FU?? 20 plus?? "not so fast my friend"
No disrespect to FU, the Dragons are just too much. When on their game, 20+ is not a difficult task for them. Fairfield is good or they wouldn’t have made it to the point they have. I think a terrible shooting night and foul trouble for Van Horn is what needs to happen for a close game. Fairland played @ Gallia, worst shooting of the season, while Gallia shot their best of the season, with Van Horn in foul trouble, and still left with the win. I would love to see a good game. That’s just my opinion on it.

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

The truth in the Gallia Academy game against Fairland was Fairland shot the ball really well in the first half of the game but went cold in second half. Gallia Academy missed a lot of easy shots in first half and were down 15 points at half they started making a run about the middle of third quarter and had a 4 Point lead with 1:38 left in fourth quarter and Luke Thomas hit 2 big time 3 Point baskets the last one with 13.8 second left to put Fairland up by 1 Point and Gallia Academy last shot to win the game was half way down and rim out. Fairland escaped with a 1 Point win. Like it has been said if your FU you hope Fairland has a off night shooting the ball to give you a chance, but then again I saw them have a off shooting against Huntington High Wva and still beat them by 13 points because Fairland plays great defense and even on off nights they still win.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

falconbball wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:37 am
Whoa no respect for FU?? 20 plus?? "not so fast my friend"
Eh. For being a team that is on the extreme periphery of what constitutes “Southeast(ern) Ohio”, FU gets a lot of respect on this board. There’s just, like, five-or-six people (and four of them are FU folks) at most from the Mid-State League that post here and who would advocate for FU... whereas there’s countless OVC and Ohio river area posters (and many more fans of basketball unaffiliated to Fairland) who are (rightly) convinced that the Dragons are favorites to win the region.

Tigerfan92
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan92 »

I have got to believe Fairland had a bad game against Waverly. I really think we should have beat them. Looking at the other teams Fairland has beat, and played close with, I think they are a lot better than they showed. Don't put to much into the Waverly game.

King of Pike Hill
Waterboy

Post by King of Pike Hill »

Haven’t watched either of these teams this year but I watched both of them play last year. If Lucas Thompson can get hot early FU has a great chance at taking down the juggernaut of Fairland.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Dragons have a little incentive to win this game. FU Superintendent Mr. Belville was the former Principal and Head basketball coach at Fairland for a few years! I'm sure he is fired up for this one as well. Knowing him he probably promised to shave his head if FU wins!! My prediction FHS 69 FU 60

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Fairland wins this game and I truly believe they will have a good chance of making it to the Schottenstein Center

Making offers you can't refuse
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Lucas Thompson vs Luke Thomas??? Lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The game will be live streamed on Spectrum Sports on Friday.

Defensewins
Waterboy

Post by Defensewins »

Tigerfan92 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:19 pm I have got to believe Fairland had a bad game against Waverly. I really think we should have beat them. Looking at the other teams Fairland has beat, and played close with, I think they are a lot better than they showed. Don't put to much into the Waverly game.
Fairland did beat waverly.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Defensewins wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:31 pm
Tigerfan92 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:19 pm I have got to believe Fairland had a bad game against Waverly. I really think we should have beat them. Looking at the other teams Fairland has beat, and played close with, I think they are a lot better than they showed. Don't put to much into the Waverly game.
Fairland did beat waverly.
Yes, but it was a close game

TacoSalad
Waterboy

Post by TacoSalad »

I am going with Fairland by no less than 8. Too much talent in this group.

Before responding to my posts please remove your blinders. I just tell it how I see it.
King of Pike Hill
Waterboy

Post by King of Pike Hill »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:56 pm Lucas Thompson vs Luke Thomas??? Lol
Whoa. Lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:09 pm The game will be live streamed on Spectrum Sports on Friday.
You able to stream on apple products? I can only get it to stream on my PC

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

Game tonight @ 6:15

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Game time tonight. Let's go FU!

Return to “Boys Basketball”