District Semi's @ Pickerington Central - (12) Logan vs. (8) Westerville South

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: District Semi's @ Pickerington Central - (12) Logan vs. (8) Westerville South

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:28 pm You going to the game Raider? I'll buy ya a Logan Hat and T. :lol: :lol: More support the better. :lol: :lol:
Hahaha, that’s a negative :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: District Semi's @ Pickerington Central - (12) Logan vs. (8) Westerville South

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:32 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:28 pm You going to the game Raider? I'll buy ya a Logan Hat and T. :lol: :lol: More support the better. :lol: :lol:
Hahaha, that’s a negative :lol:
Plenty of Logan people wore green at games backing/supporting that big Athens Burrow f-ball team. You would look good in purple for a change at a Logan b-ball game. Com-on. Walmart has them on sale. I'll head up there now and get ya some stuff, if you would wear them.
I'll hold a big sign up above my head in the parking lot half hour before game time that says>> "Raider6309, come get your free Logan apparel before entering the game".......... :lol: :lol:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Logan got 750 pre-sale game tickets (as did Westerville South) - the Purple faithful snatched them all up by 10:30am today ... plenty of tickets to be sold game day at the door - there is no reserved seating , one price for the tickets $7 ... looking for over 1000 Purple clad fans tomorrow night in P'town !!! doors open at 5:45 is what I saw on a FB post ...

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:50 pmProbably not a mistake. It's more on the lines of an assumption print. :roll: The Dispatch need's to pay attention a little more. :lol: :lol: The Love only spreads out so far in the area up and around there about themselves, usually in their paper and on their TV News stations. It's been very obvious since I can remember. :roll:
Sorry, but I don't agree that it was an "assumption print." There's a multitude of issues with the Dispatch and their sports coverage, such as the fact the few employees they do have bear incredible burdens - ask Steve Blackledge, the editor of the high school sports coverage, how easy his job is. The other thing is that the editors don't put the scores themselves into the database; instead, it is usually the clerks. And it is often the case that mistakes are made in printing or that the results are submitted in a way that can be easily misinterpreted (the common one is where the scores put into the database reversed. It happens.) The problem with the Logan score snafu is there were 18 tournament games all being played on the same night. I'm sure if you had the time and interest to do so, over the past 10 or so years there's a few printed scores for a tournament that were misprints or a person at the office just clicked on the wrong "select as winner" button for the online database.

The other thing is I (seriously) doubt the Dispatch was prioritizing haste at the expense of accuracy. Sure, press deadlines are important. But the Dispatch is losing its ground as being the premier sports source for any and all sports their Central Ohio readership is interested in. I doubt they were trying to put the bones to Logan on this one. Mistakes happen.
1987chieftains wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:28 pm I was on, I think channel 10's web site about 3 years ago looking at football scores. And I noticed that the school info for Logan was all jacked up! Kelly Wolfe was still listed as the football HC and Keith Meyers was the basketball HC. The school had the old address from the hilltop... On ST RT 328. :shock: :shock: The colors were white and red. I email them a friendly email about the in-corrections and I got a email back saying they would change the info to the info I gave them. A few months later I looked to see if anything had been changed. Unsurprisingly it wasn't. So I email them again and never heard back from them.
Yeah, it was likely Channel 10. Both the WBNS and Dispatch online scores pages are the exact same thing (or, they were? Unsure if they have changed lately.) This more of a chicken-or-the-egg paradox, I think. Logan is not in the Dispatch delivery coverage area (now, that doesn't mean you can't get the Dispatch in Logan... you obviously can, but the Dispatch has shrunk the primary delivery area in recent years. I can't get it in Amanda without paying a surcharge.) So there aren't a whole lot of Dispatch sports section readers from Logan that would point out the inaccuracies. For what it is worth, though: Dispatch HS sports coverage for all the "peripheral areas" of Central Ohio sucks. Period. Their HS football preview for the past three years now hasn't even mentioned Amanda-Clearcreek, Fairfield Union or Bloom-Carroll for the MSL-Buckeye.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the CD is horrible for HS sports ... I used to rely on the CD for all of the hs basketball scores by 11pm on game nights NOW ? they don't even post the hs basketball scores anymore ... uggghhhhhh !!!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:45 pm Plenty of Logan people wore green at games backing/supporting that big Athens Burrow f-ball team. You would look good in purple for a change at a Logan b-ball game. Com-on. Walmart has them on sale. I'll head up there now and get ya some stuff, if you would wear them.
I'll hold a big sign up above my head in the parking lot half hour before game time that says>> "Raider6309, come get your free Logan apparel before entering the game".......... :lol: :lol:
I did wear a Warren shirt to Columbus. Lost that bet. I hope you guys win and I’m sure it will be a sea of purple in Pickerington

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:21 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:45 pm Plenty of Logan people wore green at games backing/supporting that big Athens Burrow f-ball team. You would look good in purple for a change at a Logan b-ball game. Com-on. Walmart has them on sale. I'll head up there now and get ya some stuff, if you would wear them.
I did wear a Warren shirt to Columbus. Lost that bet. I hope you guys win and I’m sure it will be a sea of purple in Pickerington
You would look good Raider in the middle of all that sea of purple. Are you sure you don't want to support the Chiefs, with a brand new Logan hat and T? :)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:21 pm
If any Picktown fans come they might have their own Purple

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

As the 12th seed and WS the 8 seed the Chiefs come into the game as the Under dogs in the eyes of the Central District coaches . Well just go out and prove them wrong . Play hard , Play smart and remember that Chieftain Nation is behind the PURPLE GANG. Good luck as we root for a victory !!!!!!!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Tipoff time is???? SAM FM on tunein, right?

I'll be listening down here in NW Fla...rooting the Chiefs to a hard fought victory!!

59-53 Logan

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

OHHS old timer wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:36 pm Tipoff time is???? SAM FM on tunein, right?

I'll be listening down here in NW Fla...rooting the Chiefs to a hard fought victory!!

59-53 Logan
7:00 and yes on SAMFM.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GO CHIEFS!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

[attachment=0]42B3B2EA-31A3-47F0-A6E0-B1DBB9F6CBAC.jpeg[/attachment]

1 hour before tipoff !!!
Attachments
42B3B2EA-31A3-47F0-A6E0-B1DBB9F6CBAC.jpeg

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hmmmm where’s Westerville South ???

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

[attachment=0]27EABF21-51FA-43CD-A6BC-D16B740B7B1C.jpeg[/attachment]

Where’s Westerville South ???
Attachments
27EABF21-51FA-43CD-A6BC-D16B740B7B1C.jpeg

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

[attachment=0]E82BD27D-1872-49EC-A6E6-77092BC7C479.jpeg[/attachment]

9:00 until tipoff !!! Logan Purple taking up 3/4 of the gym both sides !!!
Attachments
E82BD27D-1872-49EC-A6E6-77092BC7C479.jpeg

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:46 pm E82BD27D-1872-49EC-A6E6-77092BC7C479.jpeg

9:00 until tipoff !!! Logan Purple taking up 3/4 of the gym both sides !!!
8-) 8-) 8-) :lol:

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Thanks pfloyd!!!

Getting the FSU tomahawk chop warmed up for Logan!!!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Will Westerville So fill half of their side by end of 1st qtr

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Would love updates on this if someone can give them

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”