Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by Jim Ryan »

At this point it's best to stay in house. You have a "proven winner" who reportedly wants the job in "NFL." So let him have it and move on. No need to bring in someone who didn't work out at another school and take a chance. Let "NFL" have it and see what he can do.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Jim Ryan wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:05 pm At this point it's best to stay in house. You have a "proven winner" who reportedly wants the job in "NFL." So let him have it and move on. No need to bring in someone who didn't work out at another school and take a chance. Let "NFL" have it and see what he can do.
Can this stuff stop? It is what got the last post about this shut down. We all get it, you're a huge "fan" of Coach Bartrum and you really love to let every person know it.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:43 pm
Jim Ryan wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:05 pm At this point it's best to stay in house. You have a "proven winner" who reportedly wants the job in "NFL." So let him have it and move on. No need to bring in someone who didn't work out at another school and take a chance. Let "NFL" have it and see what he can do.
Can this stuff stop? It is what got the last post about this shut down. We all get it, you're a huge "fan" of Coach Bartrum and you really love to let every person know it.
People that make the consistent post such as Jim, gives off the impression that he is quite jealous of Coach Bartrum. Hate him or Love him, he has nothing but good intentions for Meigs Local and Meigs County as a whole. He definitely didn't have to come back to his hometown and try to give back, but here he is. Just accept that he is the coach, if he loses his job, then you can tell all us all how you knew it was coming, until then, just let it go. Lets actually try to stick to the topic that this thread is actually about.

Anyone close enough to Meigs to know how soon they tend to try and fill basketball positions?

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

I see some of you are butt hurt about my support for "NFL." Don't be jealous of him for what he has done. No one looks down on you just because you couldn't play in the pros. Hopefully no one in charge is jealous enough of him to let that keep them from giving him the job. That program has been a mess for years, and it could use some stability like what he brought to the football program. So I for one hope they can look past what all you naysayers are spewing out and give him a chance.

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:23 am There's an abundance of good coaches out there, some young some older. The problem is there are good coaches who are stepping away from the game due to the nonsense that Fonzie has pointed out (great post by the way). Meigs needs an outsider to come in with strong knowledge that will teach kids discipline, run the program the right way, and not put up with any parental nonsense. However, for that to happen, that coach needs a STRONG support system from the administration and school board at Meigs..... and I'm not sure any coach is going to get that support.

Best of luck to Meigs in the hiring process. I understand there's loads of talent coming through so someone could really make something special out of it. But again, it takes MUCH more than just a talented/knowledgeable coach to have a successful program.
They had that guy. His name was Ed Fry.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Jim Ryan wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:46 pm I see some of you are butt hurt about my support for "NFL." Don't be jealous of him for what he has done. No one looks down on you just because you couldn't play in the pros. Hopefully no one in charge is jealous enough of him to let that keep them from giving him the job. That program has been a mess for years, and it could use some stability like what he brought to the football program. So I for one hope they can look past what all you naysayers are spewing out and give him a chance.
I have nothing against Mike . But he is not winning and the crowds are declining

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Got. To have the talent ?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

brady huffman

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

panthers77 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 pm heard yates applied
He hasn't "applied." He, however, sent a letter of interest for any position within the district. I say, depending on the Vinton County school board meeting tonight, he will be making life changing decisions.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Who would even want this job since you have to deal with Bartrum?

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Roger Goodell is going to suspend NFL for 1 season, will Meigs wait? Lol, okay in all seriousness why wasn't this gig even posted on OHSAA?

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:10 am Who would even want this job since you have to deal with Bartrum?
I think the new boys varsity basketball coach should go to the varsity football games and scream instructions to the players from the stands. It is only fair since that is what happens at basketball games.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

So do we know who's on the short list of candidates?

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

whoever it is they will take a great butthole lickin by the parents

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
The Razor
Riding the Bench

Post by The Razor »

Morals above reproach.
Successful.
God fearing.
Excellent role model.
Undisputed knowledge of football.
Revered by the community.

Yes, I'm describing Coach Bartrum. I'm offended that some people on here have decided to take shots at a local hero. Shame on you!!! He deserves our respect. God knows he's earned it.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

I'm pretty sure that I know of at least 2 current coaches (not Varsity) that would be very interested in this job. Guys who would be solid choices.

Hopefully they post it soon if it isn't being filled from within. Would be interesting to see the names who would apply, especially since they have a solid future coming.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I have no means of really knowing how things are...but I continue to be dumbfounded by the disdain of Bartrum by Meigs people on this board. It is truly hard to believe.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:00 pm I have no means of really knowing how things are...but I continue to be dumbfounded by the disdain of Bartrum by Meigs people on this board. It is truly hard to believe.
Same here... I don't know anything about what goes on in Meigs, but there seems to be a lot of strange comments on this thread.

The one thing I will say ---- did he really scream from the bleachers during basketball games telling players what to do? If so, I don't particularly like that. But from a football perspective I don't think Meigs could ask for a more knowledgeable person to run the ship.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

The Razor wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:39 pm Morals above reproach.
Successful.
God fearing.
Excellent role model.
Undisputed knowledge of football.
Revered by the community.

Yes, I'm describing Coach Bartrum. I'm offended that some people on here have decided to take shots at a local hero. Shame on you!!! He deserves our respect. God knows he's earned it.
But he is still below .500 in coaching

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:52 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:00 pm I have no means of really knowing how things are...but I continue to be dumbfounded by the disdain of Bartrum by Meigs people on this board. It is truly hard to believe.
Same here... I don't know anything about what goes on in Meigs, but there seems to be a lot of strange comments on this thread.

The one thing I will say ---- did he really scream from the bleachers during basketball games telling players what to do? If so, I don't particularly like that. But from a football perspective I don't think Meigs could ask for a more knowledgeable person to run the ship.
Yes he screams from the bleaches during basketball games

Return to “Boys Basketball”