Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

itsme
Varsity

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by itsme »

Shane Falco wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:07 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:01 pm
Vike73 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:44 pm Drummond from RV? So you are saying River Valley is or will be open again? Goodness gracious
It's already been posted and taken down.
4 coaches in 8 years?
Meigs basketball coaches average 3.4 years

E High
All State

Post by E High »

People, I don't have a dog in the fight. I hope they hire the best possible coach ! It's so hard to hire a no brainer coach anywhere . Just hire someone who's a decent coach and a good person. Coaches aren't dropping out of the trees to coach at many places. It's a whole different place and time today !

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

MarauderMadness wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:37 pm My question is how does being the self proclaimed greatest linemen ever at RV qualify someone to have much of an opinion on who should be a basketball coach anywhere? And why does it make it ok for that person to maliciously discredit an obvious great coaching mind that may want the job. Back in the 50s and 60s schools hired a coach and that person coached everything. Seems to me Meigs Local would benefit greatly if the pro guy coached Football basketball and even baseball. So why are we waiting, give the man the jobsssssss.......

He did play baseball for Marshall for a year or two, while also playing football. In all honesty, he probably could have played professionally in baseball as well. I am not saying in the majors, but in a system for a team for sure.

I do not have a dog in this fight, but it does seem pretty clear to me that jealous people will say anything to tear someone down. The simple fact is this, Bartrum took advantage of the talents he was blessed with, played a successful tenure in the NFL, and is now back home where he is giving back to the school and community. For anyone that wants to say he was just a "longsnapper", then I ask you, if it was so easy, why didn't you do it? The fact that Meigs has a football coach that gives 100% to the program and people never have to doubt his ultimate goals, is something most schools would love to have. I hope Meigs hires someone for basketball that gives them the same effort and dedication to the basketball program. Most importantly, I hope parents shut their mouths and let the coach do his job.

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Jeremy Hill will be the next coach of the Meigs Marauders.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:36 am
MarauderMadness wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:37 pm My question is how does being the self proclaimed greatest linemen ever at RV qualify someone to have much of an opinion on who should be a basketball coach anywhere? And why does it make it ok for that person to maliciously discredit an obvious great coaching mind that may want the job. Back in the 50s and 60s schools hired a coach and that person coached everything. Seems to me Meigs Local would benefit greatly if the pro guy coached Football basketball and even baseball. So why are we waiting, give the man the jobsssssss.......

He did play baseball for Marshall for a year or two, while also playing football. In all honesty, he probably could have played professionally in baseball as well. I am not saying in the majors, but in a system for a team for sure.

I do not have a dog in this fight, but it does seem pretty clear to me that jealous people will say anything to tear someone down. The simple fact is this, Bartrum took advantage of the talents he was blessed with, played a successful tenure in the NFL, and is now back home where he is giving back to the school and community. For anyone that wants to say he was just a "longsnapper", then I ask you, if it was so easy, why didn't you do it? The fact that Meigs has a football coach that gives 100% to the program and people never have to doubt his ultimate goals, is something most schools would love to have. I hope Meigs hires someone for basketball that gives them the same effort and dedication to the basketball program. Most importantly, I hope parents shut their mouths and let the coach do his job.
But Fonzie I think you would agree, coaching another varsity sport, especially the two that take up the most time would take away from both programs and in turn make a coach much less effective.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Yes, I 100% agree with that. My post was in no way endorsing the thought of hiring Bartrum for basketball. But rather, hire someone that will give the time and effort, similar to what Bartrum gives to football. Wins and losses are extremely important in high school sports, but I also believe if you get someone that teaches young men to be accountable, have high morals, responsible, hard-working, and respectful, then the wins and losses take care of themselves in the long run.

But the problem I see is that mommy, daddy, grandma, and grandpa question every move the coach makes, in turn placing doubt in the mind of the players. You truly want to see what type of coach a coach is, then leave the athletics up to the coach and see what happens.

Best of luck to Meigs as they move forward.

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

I think people should be asking, "Who will get the Racine Southern job?"

Bravo3
Waterboy

Post by Bravo3 »

Jayski wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:41 am I think people should be asking, "Who will get the Racine Southern job?"
Bingo.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Bravo3 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:50 am
Jayski wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:41 am I think people should be asking, "Who will get the Racine Southern job?"
Bingo.

I will believe that when I hear it from someone from within Southern.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

It's true. Jeff Caldwell

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Caldwell to Meigs?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

N2Hoops wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:54 pm Caldwell to Meigs?
Yes

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Hold the phone, Caldwell is a no go. Sorry I thought what I heard was reliable.

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Jeremy mf Hill

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:06 pm Hold the phone, Caldwell is a no go. Sorry I thought what I heard was reliable.
Maybe it was Howie instead?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’d guess Howie

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:07 pm I’d guess Howie
No. Jeff was who they thought was coming. Think it was a verbal thing.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:37 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:07 pm I’d guess Howie
No. Jeff was who they thought was coming. Think it was a verbal thing.
Jeff would’ve been very good.

Just saying I wouldn’t be surprised if Howie was interested.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Carl Wolfe!!

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Hearing that Benny Ewing could be returning.

Return to “Boys Basketball”