Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

HamPorter
All Conference

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by HamPorter »

I'm pretty sure that I know of at least 2 current coaches (not Varsity) that would be very interested in this job. Guys who would be solid choices.

Hopefully they post it soon if it isn't being filled from within. Would be interesting to see the names who would apply, especially since they have a solid future coming.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I have no means of really knowing how things are...but I continue to be dumbfounded by the disdain of Bartrum by Meigs people on this board. It is truly hard to believe.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:00 pm I have no means of really knowing how things are...but I continue to be dumbfounded by the disdain of Bartrum by Meigs people on this board. It is truly hard to believe.
Same here... I don't know anything about what goes on in Meigs, but there seems to be a lot of strange comments on this thread.

The one thing I will say ---- did he really scream from the bleachers during basketball games telling players what to do? If so, I don't particularly like that. But from a football perspective I don't think Meigs could ask for a more knowledgeable person to run the ship.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

The Razor wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:39 pm Morals above reproach.
Successful.
God fearing.
Excellent role model.
Undisputed knowledge of football.
Revered by the community.

Yes, I'm describing Coach Bartrum. I'm offended that some people on here have decided to take shots at a local hero. Shame on you!!! He deserves our respect. God knows he's earned it.
But he is still below .500 in coaching

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:52 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:00 pm I have no means of really knowing how things are...but I continue to be dumbfounded by the disdain of Bartrum by Meigs people on this board. It is truly hard to believe.
Same here... I don't know anything about what goes on in Meigs, but there seems to be a lot of strange comments on this thread.

The one thing I will say ---- did he really scream from the bleachers during basketball games telling players what to do? If so, I don't particularly like that. But from a football perspective I don't think Meigs could ask for a more knowledgeable person to run the ship.
Yes he screams from the bleaches during basketball games

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Also if he don't get the calls from the refs he wants he goes out on the field and complains. Has cost him timeouts that he could have used later in the games

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

itsme wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:49 pm Also if he don't get the calls from the refs he wants he goes out on the field and complains. Has cost him timeouts that he could have used later in the games
He's a crybaby, always has been. Just goes to prove someone that could play the game, doesn't mean you can coach.

If you ain't first, you're last!
6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:00 am
panthers77 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 pm heard yates applied
He hasn't "applied." He, however, sent a letter of interest for any position within the district. I say, depending on the Vinton County school board meeting tonight, he will be making life changing decisions.
What exactly happened at the School Board meeting?

JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

Why does this thread continue yet the Nelsonville thread was deleted LOL. Old Orange & Brown at it again....what a joke this place is.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

JustusLeague wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:41 am Why does this thread continue yet the Nelsonville thread was deleted LOL. Old Orange & Brown at it again....what a joke this place is.
Not knowing for sure, but it could be the overall tone of the first post in the NY threads, as well as your username. This is at least the second (and maybe 3rd) thread about the Meigs job. Normal conversation typically keeps topics alive, personal attacks typically do not.

JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:01 am
JustusLeague wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:41 am Why does this thread continue yet the Nelsonville thread was deleted LOL. Old Orange & Brown at it again....what a joke this place is.
Not knowing for sure, but it could be the overall tone of the first post in the NY threads, as well as your username. This is at least the second (and maybe 3rd) thread about the Meigs job. Normal conversation typically keeps topics alive, personal attacks typically do not.
There was nothing personal. And what about my username?

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

Wonder why this job hasn’t been posted yet? Gheen and the school board already know who they want?

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Whoa hearing they want Ballboy?

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

Not hearing a whole lot! That’s why I’m asking. They must have clamped down and making it all hush hush! Really just the same ole names, Yates and Hill.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Not even posted on the school website! Either has been internally filled or they are waiting for Carl Kramer to resign from Moeller after their State Championship tonight!

The Razor
Riding the Bench

Post by The Razor »

In all seriousness, I would love to see Bartrum be the basketball coach. I really think he could do both football and basketball. Why not? He’s obviously knowledgeable in football and basketball. Why not let him coach both? It’s what would be best for the kids.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

The Razor wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:26 pm In all seriousness, I would love to see Bartrum be the basketball coach. I really think he could do both football and basketball. Why not? He’s obviously knowledgeable in football and basketball. Why not let him coach both? It’s what would be best for the kids.
Sign him up for the baseball and wrestling coach too. If you're a pro athlete (long snapper) then you must know everything about all sports. :roll:

The Razor
Riding the Bench

Post by The Razor »

sandstorm23 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:29 am
The Razor wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:26 pm In all seriousness, I would love to see Bartrum be the basketball coach. I really think he could do both football and basketball. Why not? He’s obviously knowledgeable in football and basketball. Why not let him coach both? It’s what would be best for the kids.
Sign him up for the baseball and wrestling coach too. If you're a pro athlete (long snapper) then you must know everything about all sports. :roll:
Would you be serious?!?! I'm not saying it would be easy to do basketball and football, but if anyone could do it, it would be Mike Bartrum. I really think it would be best for the student athletes of Meigs to have his influence and guidance over them as young men. Does anyone know if Coach Bartrum is interested in doing both? I certainly hope so, for the kids' sake.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

The Razor wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:34 am
sandstorm23 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:29 am
Would you be serious?!?! I'm not saying it would be easy to do basketball and football, but if anyone could do it, it would be Mike Bartrum. I really think it would be best for the student athletes of Meigs to have his influence and guidance over them as young men. Does anyone know if Coach Bartrum is interested in doing both? I certainly hope so, for the kids' sake.
Could not agree more with these posts. He's a great man and a proven winner, who just happens to have NFL experience and that goes a long way. Hire the man already. Do it for the kids.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ohhhhh the sarcasm on this thread! LOL! It's truly hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”