Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

itsme
Varsity

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by itsme »

tvc_fan wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:32 pmCarl Wolfe!!
Maybe he could win the third time around

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

tvc_fan wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:32 pmCarl Wolfe!!
He's giving up magic to move home and coach the Marauders? :lol:

In all seriousness, it sure would be something to see Wolfe Jr. as a head coach. That would be all kinds of entertaining.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I know of 3 people who have applied. All three have been listed on this topic at some point. No they are not Bartrum, Wolfe Sr or Jr, or Caldwell (Howie nor Jeff).

Not sure the time frame for hiring, but I would think they would hire sooner than later.

coyote II
Waterboy

Post by coyote II »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:19 am I know of 3 people who have applied. All three have been listed on this topic at some point. No they are not Bartrum, Wolfe Sr or Jr, or Caldwell (Howie nor Jeff).

Not sure the time frame for hiring, but I would think they would hire sooner than later.
Jeremy Hill from Eastern?
Last edited by coyote II on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigLeagueChew
Waterboy

Post by BigLeagueChew »

coyote II wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:04 am
Fonzie wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:19 am I know of 3 people who have applied. All three have been listed on this topic at some point. No they are not Bartrum, Wolfe Sr or Jr, or Caldwell (Howie nor Jeff).

Jeremy Hill??
Patriots.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Looks like Drummond has a legit shot at it.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

sandstorm23 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:57 am

Looks like Drummond has a legit shot at it.
Sure if they want more negative attention.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

There was an Eastern person on the list, I won't say it was Hill. But this person has ties to the Eagles.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

I'm willing to give people second chances. I know I've needed some throughout my life and wouldn't be where I am today without them.

Also, Fonzie - if you're talking about Howie that would be pretty cool to see.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

No, I am positive there is not a Caldwell on the list of applicants.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:20 am No, I am positive there is not a Caldwell on the list of applicants.
So there never was even an application by a Caldwell? This is bizarre. We might be back to square one with this thing.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I've learned, never trust your Southern Local "inside" sources, lol.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

You do have 3 really good applicants. I believe 2 are a better option than 1 of them. But the 1 I would call less deserving, is probably the most experienced. I am glad that decision is not up to me! I do believe any of the three would make the program better, as long as the parents give them a chance.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:06 am I've learned, never trust your Southern Local "inside" sources, lol.
Well if your "inside" source comes from the barbershop..... :lol:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:08 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:06 am I've learned, never trust your Southern Local "inside" sources, lol.
Well if your "inside" source comes from the barbershop..... :lol:
No but almost as bad. :lol:

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

I’m hearing Jeremy Hill’s name tossed around a lot since Jeff Caldwell is a no go! Is he jumping from the frying pan into the fire?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ballboy wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:54 pm I’m hearing Jeremy Hill’s name tossed around a lot since Jeff Caldwell is a no go! Is he jumping from the frying pan into the fire?
I think its more people just assuming that Southern and/or Eastern coaches are always coaches Meigs looks to take from. Often because Southern and Eastern normally have good basketball coaches.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Which is surprising in my opinion. With Meigs being a larger school, in theory, they should have a much larger talent pool to pick from. But I would be willing to bet Southern and Eastern have held their own against Meigs over the years. It would be curious to see the overall records of those matchups. I think if Meigs can get someone in there that parents will allow to stay for more than a couple years, Meigs could really see some success.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 am Which is surprising in my opinion. With Meigs being a larger school, in theory, they should have a much larger talent pool to pick from. But I would be willing to bet Southern and Eastern have held their own against Meigs over the years. It would be curious to see the overall records of those matchups. I think if Meigs can get someone in there that parents will allow to stay for more than a couple years, Meigs could really see some success.
I think Eastern and Southern have just had lots of stability where Meigs has been quite unstable.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I agree with that 100%. I think Caldwell at Southern was a turning point for that program. If he had been there a year or two earlier, I think he would have had a couple teams go further in tourney play. If memory serves correct, Richard Stevens wasted a couple years of talent prior to Jeff Calwell taking the job.

Return to “Boys Basketball”