Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by sandstorm23 »

So you're saying a .500 coach in football (the sport where he played in the NFL) should try his hand at being an above average basketball coach?!?!?! HAHA.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

The Razor wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:26 pm In all seriousness, I would love to see Bartrum be the basketball coach. I really think he could do both football and basketball. Why not? He’s obviously knowledgeable in football and basketball. Why not let him coach both? It’s what would be best for the kids.
Knowledgeable has made him a below .500 coach. He needs to focus on football!!!! But lots of people at Meigs thinks winning 4 games a year is a sign of a great coach

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Jim Ryan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:16 am
The Razor wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:34 am
sandstorm23 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:29 am

Sign him up for the baseball and wrestling coach too. If you're a pro athlete (long snapper) then you must know everything about all sports. :roll:
Would you be serious?!?! I'm not saying it would be easy to do basketball and football, but if anyone could do it, it would be Mike Bartrum. I really think it would be best for the student athletes of Meigs to have his influence and guidance over them as young men. Does anyone know if Coach Bartrum is interested in doing both? I certainly hope so, for the kids' sake.
Could not agree more with these posts. He's a great man and a proven winner, who just happens to have NFL experience and that goes a long way. Hire the man already. Do it for the kids.
so a 29 - 31 .483 is a proven winner!!!!! Has only won against one team with a winner record but it was 2 times

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

sandstorm23 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:55 am So you're saying a .500 coach in football (the sport where he played in the NFL) should try his hand at being an above average basketball coach?!?!?! HAHA.
29 -31 .483

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

While it is funny reading all of the ridiculously over the top sarcastic posts and people biting by commenting on them, can we talk about people who might actually take the job? Coach Bartrum is so deep into the football program (he truly is) there is no possible way he has any inkling of wanting to actually coach basketball. He may have friends he encourages to apply that he could use on his football staff, but in no way does he want to sacrifice from football to coach basketball. So who are actual people who would want this? It looks like somebody made their mind up on who's coming in already though seeing as how this hasn't been posted anywhere, not even within the district. Whatever the case, I just don't understand how losing Coach Fry benefits the program at all at this point.

THEConvoK9
Waterboy

Post by THEConvoK9 »

There are so many other factors to being a good head coach than a Win/Loss record, 80% of that has to do with where you are coaching and the cards you have been dealt.

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:00 pm While it is funny reading all of the ridiculously over the top sarcastic posts and people biting by commenting on them, can we talk about people who might actually take the job? Coach Bartrum is so deep into the football program (he truly is) there is no possible way he has any inkling of wanting to actually coach basketball. He may have friends he encourages to apply that he could use on his football staff, but in no way does he want to sacrifice from football to coach basketball. So who are actual people who would want this? It looks like somebody made their mind up on who's coming in already though seeing as how this hasn't been posted anywhere, not even within the district. Whatever the case, I just don't understand how losing Coach Fry benefits the program at all at this point.
BlizzardMan, I think you are correct. I have a hard time understanding how losing Coach Fry benefits the program either, Coach Fry was recommended by Mike Bartrum in the beginning and then......... I too, think they have already made up their mind due to it not being posted. And if what I’m hearing who they are interested in is true, it will be interesting. But, you can’t believe everything you hear and rumors are certainly not reliable!!! Just because he hasn’t had success at one school doesn’t mean he can’t have success at another!

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

THEConvoK9 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:04 pm There are so many other factors to being a good head coach than a Win/Loss record, 80% of that has to do with where you are coaching and the cards you have been dealt.
Exactly! Hire the man.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:00 pm While it is funny reading all of the ridiculously over the top sarcastic posts and people biting by commenting on them, can we talk about people who might actually take the job? Coach Bartrum is so deep into the football program (he truly is) there is no possible way he has any inkling of wanting to actually coach basketball. He may have friends he encourages to apply that he could use on his football staff, but in no way does he want to sacrifice from football to coach basketball. So who are actual people who would want this? It looks like somebody made their mind up on who's coming in already though seeing as how this hasn't been posted anywhere, not even within the district. Whatever the case, I just don't understand how losing Coach Fry benefits the program at all at this point.
Just because you don't support him doesn't mean others don't. So stop telling us why we are posting. I know why I'm posting and it's not sarcasm. If you don't want Bart ("NFL") coaching basketball just say it. But leave us to our own opinions. You certainly give yours whenever you want and cry when anyone questions you, so allow others to give theirs without criticism. He's a proven winner, so hire the man already.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Jim Ryan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:10 pm
Just because you don't support him doesn't mean others don't. So stop telling us why we are posting. I know why I'm posting and it's not sarcasm. If you don't want Bart ("NFL") coaching basketball just say it. But leave us to our own opinions. You certainly give yours whenever you want and cry when anyone questions you, so allow others to give theirs without criticism. He's a proven winner, so hire the man already.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're trying to hard. Obviously you have a big problem with him, and so what if you do? I just think this is hilarious! You are seriously a good troll.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:16 pm
You're trying to hard. Obviously you have a big problem with him, and so what if you do? I just think this is hilarious!
It's funny, I praise the guy and you criticize me and insinuate sarcasm cause I can't possibly be serious about his abilities, but you accuse me of having a problem with him. Whatever your beef is with him, or even if it's just your small man complex, you can leave me out of it. But I do agree that your efforts to trivialize his accomplishments are hilarious. :lol:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Jim Ryan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:19 pm

You're trying to hard. Obviously you have a big problem with him, and so what if you do? I just think this is hilarious!
It's funny, I praise the guy and you criticize me and insinuate sarcasm cause I can't possibly be serious about his abilities, but you accuse me of having a problem with him. Whatever your beef is with him, or even if it's just your small man complex, you can leave me out of it. But I do agree that your efforts to trivialize his accomplishments are hilarious. :lol:
Troll level: 1,000
I don't have a problem with him in all seriousness. He's actually a very nice guy. He let's his opinions and desires be known, but you can't argue with the fact that the new field wouldn't exist without him and he is 100% in for the football program. I mean 100%. I do think he's wrong in this particular situation about Coach Fr. He does have a son that plays so he is entitled to an opinion, but I don't see how Coach Fry hurt the program at all.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Keep up the negativity. It is clearly your thing.

#smallmancomplexsyndrome

THEConvoK9
Waterboy

Post by THEConvoK9 »

Hashtags have made it to seops, we have made it! We are big time now.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

THEConvoK9 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:26 pm Hashtags have made it to seops, we have made it! We are big time now.
Yea, about 3 years ago. :lol:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Jim Ryan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:25 pm

#smallmancomplexsyndrome
Yeah this is negative for the program. They lost a great coach.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:29 pm
Jim Ryan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:25 pm

#smallmancomplexsyndrome
Yeah this is negative for the program. They lost a great coach.
Yeah, and nothing can be done about that. So stop dwelling on it. They have a chance to replace him with an even greater coach. So hire the man already.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

See you are good. Now you got me sucked in. It's not as if he even wants it anyway.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Ballboy wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:40 pm
BlizzardMan, I think you are correct. I have a hard time understanding how losing Coach Fry benefits the program either, Coach Fry was recommended by Mike Bartrum in the beginning and then......... I too, think they have already made up their mind due to it not being posted. And if what I’m hearing who they are interested in is true, it will be interesting. But, you can’t believe everything you hear and rumors are certainly not reliable!!! Just because he hasn’t had success at one school doesn’t mean he can’t have success at another!
This makes it sound like it's Hill or Drummond.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

sandstorm23 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:38 pm
Ballboy wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:40 pm
This makes it sound like it's Hill or Drummond.
Hill would be great. Drummond is a mistake. Can't conduct himself off of the court.

Return to “Boys Basketball”