Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

sandstorm23
Riding the Bench
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by sandstorm23 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:36 pm

How much is jealousy involved in the hate towards "NFL" Mike Bartrum? I don't know him all that well so I can't really comment a whole lot on the subject.



User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1356
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by BlizzardMan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:30 pm

Bottom line is, some just feel he oversteps his duties as a football coach. I think the guy is passionate like many and maybe he shouldn't yell so much during basketball games (I personally cant speak to that) but if it's such a problem, somebody can talk to him about it. I appreciate the man's heart for the community he calls home.



sandstorm23
Riding the Bench
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by sandstorm23 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:26 am

I don't really understand the process that these AD's took at Meigs and RV. If I was an AD, if I'm firing my head coach then I have a pretty good idea of who I'm replacing them with. Sure, you'll take all the applicants in the world and consider them, but I'd have my list of 2-3 guys that would get the job if they applied for it.



Jayski
Waterboy
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:18 am

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by Jayski » Tue May 01, 2018 11:56 am

The AD and Superintendent did just that...and they got who they wanted. However, there are contractual issues to be ironed out. I am sure there will be an official announcement soon.



Super trooper
All State
Posts: 1235
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by Super trooper » Tue May 01, 2018 2:38 pm

I have a feeling a nearby school will be looking for a head coach very soon...



User avatar
tvc_fan
Varsity
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by tvc_fan » Tue May 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Its Jeremy Hill.



Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:59 am

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by Chuck Finley » Tue May 01, 2018 8:16 pm

If it is Jeremy Hill then he must have done some math. If the average tenure of a Meigs Head Coach is 3.4 years as somebody posted, then he must have figured he had less years than at Eastern. No other reason to come to Meigs.



Alpha Eagle
Waterboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:35 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by Alpha Eagle » Tue May 01, 2018 8:25 pm

That's just plain stupid if they are actually hiring him. I would hire anyone and I mean ANYONE before I made this move. Unbelievable.



User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1356
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by BlizzardMan » Tue May 01, 2018 8:41 pm

Meigs would be silly NOT to hire him.



sandstorm23
Riding the Bench
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by sandstorm23 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:51 am

Good luck to Meigs and Coach Hill.



User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1356
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by BlizzardMan » Wed May 02, 2018 10:00 am

sandstorm23 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:51 am
Good luck to Meigs and Coach Hill.
That's sort of the word, but you never know what could happen until it is official.



TVC
Varsity
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by TVC » Thu May 03, 2018 8:32 am

Chuck Finley wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:16 pm
If it is Jeremy Hill then he must have done some math. If the average tenure of a Meigs Head Coach is 3.4 years as somebody posted, then he must have figured he had less years than at Eastern. No other reason to come to Meigs.
Lots of reasons but mainly because of Talent in the 10th and 8th grades



Crest
Waterboy
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:06 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by Crest » Thu May 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Jeremy Hill is a great coach and Meigs will most definitely benefit with having him. If a coach didn’t have to deal with the parents trying to call the shots and let the coach be the coach then all would be well with these teams, not just Meigs but all schools. Let the coach do his job and be the coach.

Meigs had a great turnaround season the second half of their season and they did not lose any players. The talent is and will be there. Good Luck to Coach Hill and the Meigs boys basketball team.



buckeye1981
Waterboy
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:00 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by buckeye1981 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:08 am

Here’s the thing about Meigs, and I’ve noticed this for many years going back to the early 2000s. Meigs has had the talent, they have had the depth (most of the time), and one can argue that they have had decent but no superb coaching. However, witness firsthand, a lot of it is the individualism that has kept Meigs from being a successful program. With that being said, I’m not putting the blame on all of the kids, but it’s almost as if a lot of them would rather put up big numbers as an individual than actually win a game. 2012 sectional championship I heard a kid, who was a junior (not giving the name) say “oh well if we lost, I still had 28 points.” That is one of the reasons Meigs doesn’t have any success when it comes to basketball down the stretch. You look at the Vinton County teams.. all friends, all hang out, all have each other’s backs and no one cares about the stat line over winning ball games. A well-known coach in the SEO area once said (once again, not mentioning the name) “Meigs has the athletes and the talent to contend for a regional, maybe even state title, and it’s been that way for years, but they cannot get passed their own egos.” Parents bickering with parents over kids not passing the ball enough to their kid, kids not shooting enough, parents coaching from the stands, all that factors in. The talent Meigs has coming into this year has potential to be some of the best Marauder talent we’ve seen in years. Hopefully they can get over the hump that is the sectional tournament and start giving people a legit reason to talk about the Marauders again instead of hearing the complaints and badgering of the coaches associated with Meigs High School. Best wishes for Coach Hill and the Marauders.



sandstorm23
Riding the Bench
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by sandstorm23 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:43 pm

buckeye1981 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:08 am
Here’s the thing about Meigs, and I’ve noticed this for many years going back to the early 2000s. Meigs has had the talent, they have had the depth (most of the time), and one can argue that they have had decent but no superb coaching. However, witness firsthand, a lot of it is the individualism that has kept Meigs from being a successful program. With that being said, I’m not putting the blame on all of the kids, but it’s almost as if a lot of them would rather put up big numbers as an individual than actually win a game. 2012 sectional championship I heard a kid, who was a junior (not giving the name) say “oh well if we lost, I still had 28 points.” That is one of the reasons Meigs doesn’t have any success when it comes to basketball down the stretch. You look at the Vinton County teams.. all friends, all hang out, all have each other’s backs and no one cares about the stat line over winning ball games. A well-known coach in the SEO area once said (once again, not mentioning the name) “Meigs has the athletes and the talent to contend for a regional, maybe even state title, and it’s been that way for years, but they cannot get passed their own egos.” Parents bickering with parents over kids not passing the ball enough to their kid, kids not shooting enough, parents coaching from the stands, all that factors in. The talent Meigs has coming into this year has potential to be some of the best Marauder talent we’ve seen in years. Hopefully they can get over the hump that is the sectional tournament and start giving people a legit reason to talk about the Marauders again instead of hearing the complaints and badgering of the coaches associated with Meigs High School. Best wishes for Coach Hill and the Marauders.
State Title?!?!? That well-known coach in SEO must not travel to Columbus, Cleveland and CIncy much to take in many ball games. :lol:



User avatar
hawkeyepierce
All State
Posts: 1418
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:48 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by hawkeyepierce » Fri May 04, 2018 1:35 pm

sandstorm23 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:43 pm
buckeye1981 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:08 am
Here’s the thing about Meigs, and I’ve noticed this for many years going back to the early 2000s. Meigs has had the talent, they have had the depth (most of the time), and one can argue that they have had decent but no superb coaching. However, witness firsthand, a lot of it is the individualism that has kept Meigs from being a successful program. With that being said, I’m not putting the blame on all of the kids, but it’s almost as if a lot of them would rather put up big numbers as an individual than actually win a game. 2012 sectional championship I heard a kid, who was a junior (not giving the name) say “oh well if we lost, I still had 28 points.” That is one of the reasons Meigs doesn’t have any success when it comes to basketball down the stretch. You look at the Vinton County teams.. all friends, all hang out, all have each other’s backs and no one cares about the stat line over winning ball games. A well-known coach in the SEO area once said (once again, not mentioning the name) “Meigs has the athletes and the talent to contend for a regional, maybe even state title, and it’s been that way for years, but they cannot get passed their own egos.” Parents bickering with parents over kids not passing the ball enough to their kid, kids not shooting enough, parents coaching from the stands, all that factors in. The talent Meigs has coming into this year has potential to be some of the best Marauder talent we’ve seen in years. Hopefully they can get over the hump that is the sectional tournament and start giving people a legit reason to talk about the Marauders again instead of hearing the complaints and badgering of the coaches associated with Meigs High School. Best wishes for Coach Hill and the Marauders.
State Title?!?!? That well-known coach in SEO must not travel to Columbus, Cleveland and CIncy much to take in many ball games. :lol:
Maybe he was just trying to be nice.

Here is my favorite Meigs story. I actually have a couple, but here is my favorite. It was during the Benny Ewing era, and Vinton County was at Meigs and we were really good that year. So late in the third quarter, we are up 30 plus points, Coach Combs is subbing liberally, arguing with his coaches, as usual trying to figure out what they were going to do in the fourth quarter. It gets kind of quiet for a second and Meigs makes a turnover, we go the other way for a lay-up and then you hear this old woman's voice say with that clear Appalachian draw; "Ah Coach how about putting someone else in!" It was right behind me and clear as day. Anyway, I am sure Benny wasn't paying attention to her, a good ten to fifteen seconds go by and he sends some kid to the scorer's table and again, as clear as day, the old woman said; "Oh No! Not him!"

I am sorry. I am still rolling on the floor laughing about that. I felt bad for the kid. Is that not Meigs though?



Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:59 am

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by Chuck Finley » Fri May 04, 2018 6:45 pm

TVC wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:32 am
Chuck Finley wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:16 pm
If it is Jeremy Hill then he must have done some math. If the average tenure of a Meigs Head Coach is 3.4 years as somebody posted, then he must have figured he had less years than at Eastern. No other reason to come to Meigs.
Lots of reasons but mainly because of Talent in the 10th and 8th grades
Meigs is always the champions of Junior High. I don’t know how many times I’ve heard “Wait until this group gets to the high school!” Someone told me the other day that Jeremy Hill coached this year’s senior class in 7th grade and went undefeated! Not one single senior was on the active roster at the end of the season! I bet everyone back then said “wait until this group gets to the high school.” Same old story at MHS.



Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:59 am

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by Chuck Finley » Sat May 05, 2018 7:43 am

sandstorm23 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:43 pm
buckeye1981 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:08 am
Here’s the thing about Meigs, and I’ve noticed this for many years going back to the early 2000s. Meigs has had the talent, they have had the depth (most of the time), and one can argue that they have had decent but no superb coaching. However, witness firsthand, a lot of it is the individualism that has kept Meigs from being a successful program. With that being said, I’m not putting the blame on all of the kids, but it’s almost as if a lot of them would rather put up big numbers as an individual than actually win a game. 2012 sectional championship I heard a kid, who was a junior (not giving the name) say “oh well if we lost, I still had 28 points.” That is one of the reasons Meigs doesn’t have any success when it comes to basketball down the stretch. You look at the Vinton County teams.. all friends, all hang out, all have each other’s backs and no one cares about the stat line over winning ball games. A well-known coach in the SEO area once said (once again, not mentioning the name) “Meigs has the athletes and the talent to contend for a regional, maybe even state title, and it’s been that way for years, but they cannot get passed their own egos.” Parents bickering with parents over kids not passing the ball enough to their kid, kids not shooting enough, parents coaching from the stands, all that factors in. The talent Meigs has coming into this year has potential to be some of the best Marauder talent we’ve seen in years. Hopefully they can get over the hump that is the sectional tournament and start giving people a legit reason to talk about the Marauders again instead of hearing the complaints and badgering of the coaches associated with Meigs High School. Best wishes for Coach Hill and the Marauders.
State Title?!?!? That well-known coach in SEO must not travel to Columbus, Cleveland and CIncy much to take in many ball games. :lol:
He was being nice. But TVC title is an accurate assessment.



MarauderMadness
Riding the Bench
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by MarauderMadness » Mon May 07, 2018 1:25 pm

Jeremy Hill? Is this for real? It seems obvious to me we should turn over all varsity teams to the best coach in the school. And this guy currently doesnt even coach. Yes you heard it here first. We need.....

BLIZZARDMAN!



User avatar
Fonzie
All State
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by Fonzie » Mon May 07, 2018 1:52 pm

Are you say Hill doesn't coach? Well of course not, there isn't a board meeting until this week right? So at best, he could be coaching next week. However, he was coaching at Eastern Local, in Meigs County, just slightly out route 7 towards Tuppers Plains. Maybe that is why you are confused. Hopefully, that helps clear things up Madness!



User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1356
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by BlizzardMan » Mon May 07, 2018 3:01 pm

MarauderMadness wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:25 pm
Jeremy Hill? Is this for real? It seems obvious to me we should turn over all varsity teams to the best coach in the school. And this guy currently doesnt even coach. Yes you heard it here first. We need.....

BLIZZARDMAN!
As I've said numerous times, come on down and have a conversation with me. But alas, it appears you are lacking the testicular fortitude to do so.



MarauderMadness
Riding the Bench
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by MarauderMadness » Tue May 08, 2018 7:53 am

People from our part of the building don’t travel to your area. It stinks there. :roll:



MarauderMadness
Riding the Bench
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by MarauderMadness » Tue May 08, 2018 7:58 am

BlizzardMan wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:01 pm
MarauderMadness wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:25 pm
Jeremy Hill? Is this for real? It seems obvious to me we should turn over all varsity teams to the best coach in the school. And this guy currently doesnt even coach. Yes you heard it here first. We need.....

BLIZZARDMAN!
As I've said numerous times, come on down and have a conversation with me. But alas, it appears you are lacking the testicular fortitude to do so.
Ooooihhhh

A threat of physical violence. That’s a big step for someone like you, if you know what I mean.



User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1356
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by BlizzardMan » Tue May 08, 2018 9:33 am

MarauderMadness wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:58 am
BlizzardMan wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:01 pm
MarauderMadness wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:25 pm
Jeremy Hill? Is this for real? It seems obvious to me we should turn over all varsity teams to the best coach in the school. And this guy currently doesnt even coach. Yes you heard it here first. We need.....

BLIZZARDMAN!
As I've said numerous times, come on down and have a conversation with me. But alas, it appears you are lacking the testicular fortitude to do so.
Ooooihhhh

A threat of physical violence. That’s a big step for someone like you, if you know what I mean.
Not a physical threat, but if you want to talk to me about things, please do. You seem to be weirdly obsessed and of course remain anonymous while doing so. Who said anything about a physical threat? We are not in jr. high. Oh wait you might be......



Fletchlives
Freshman Team
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 am

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by Fletchlives » Tue May 08, 2018 6:09 pm

Both of you are juvenile IMO and this site has turned on to childish form of social media...sad



Post Reply