Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by BlizzardMan »

MarauderMadness wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:25 pm Jeremy Hill? Is this for real? It seems obvious to me we should turn over all varsity teams to the best coach in the school. And this guy currently doesnt even coach. Yes you heard it here first. We need.....

BLIZZARDMAN!
As I've said numerous times, come on down and have a conversation with me. But alas, it appears you are lacking the testicular fortitude to do so.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

People from our part of the building don’t travel to your area. It stinks there. :roll:

MarauderMadness
JV Team

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:01 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:25 pm Jeremy Hill? Is this for real? It seems obvious to me we should turn over all varsity teams to the best coach in the school. And this guy currently doesnt even coach. Yes you heard it here first. We need.....

BLIZZARDMAN!
As I've said numerous times, come on down and have a conversation with me. But alas, it appears you are lacking the testicular fortitude to do so.
Ooooihhhh

A threat of physical violence. That’s a big step for someone like you, if you know what I mean.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MarauderMadness wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:58 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:01 pm

BLIZZARDMAN!
Ooooihhhh

A threat of physical violence. That’s a big step for someone like you, if you know what I mean.
Not a physical threat, but if you want to talk to me about things, please do. You seem to be weirdly obsessed and of course remain anonymous while doing so. Who said anything about a physical threat? We are not in jr. high. Oh wait you might be......

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Both of you are juvenile IMO and this site has turned on to childish form of social media...sad

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Fletchlives wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:09 pm Both of you are juvenile IMO and this site has turned on to childish form of social media...sad
I agree. Falling for this troll everytime is juvenile of me. I apologize. I wish people would get kicked off fir instigating posts against other posters.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Did they hire Bartrum? Heard he was the front runner. How's he going to do football and basketball? Who's he think he is, Chuck Kemper? :mrgreen:

NotBlizzardMan
Waterboy

Post by NotBlizzardMan »

Bart would be a great choice. Might help save his voice too.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Can't confirm who it is, but to burst your bubbles, Coach Bartrum will only be coaching football next year. 150% devoted to football, the way it should be. Whether being genuine or condescending, it can be put to rest . The sooner the better.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Officially hired by the Meigs Local Board of Education, Coach Jeremy Hill.

sirspeed887
Waterboy

Post by sirspeed887 »

The Meigs Local Board of Education has approved the hiring of Eastern's former head coach, Jeremy Hill.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Wow! Surprises from that meeting not relating to this hire. Congrats Coach Hill.

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

Heard the Head football and head girls basketball coaches barely got hired. 3 votes only for each.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Trivia questions

1. Name all of Meigs Head Football Coaches. (Hint: there have been five but one served twice).

2. Name all of Meigs Head Basketball Coaches.

The fact that you can’t quickly name all the roundball guys is what’s wrong with the program. The school board and community don’t give anyone a chance to build anything.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chuck Finley wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:59 pm Heard the Head football and head girls basketball coaches barely got hired. 3 votes only for each.
3 out of 4 votes.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

MarauderMadness wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:44 pm Trivia questions

1. Name all of Meigs Head Football Coaches. (Hint: there have been five but one served twice).

2. Name all of Meigs Head Basketball Coaches.

The fact that you can’t quickly name all the roundball guys is what’s wrong with the program. The school board and community don’t give anyone a chance to build anything.
Football Charles Chancey, Bob Ashley, Charles Chancey, Mike Staggs (if you call him a coach) Mike Chancey and Mike Bartrum

Basketball Carl Wolfe, Roger Brauer, Ron Logan, Gorden Fisher,Greg Drummer, Mick Childs, Rusty Bookman, Phil Harrison, Jeff Skinner, Chris Stout, Carl Wolfe again, Travis Abbott, Ben Ewing, David Kight, Ed Fry and now Hill

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

I don’t know who to feel sorry for in this scenario. Coach Hill who is coming to Meigs for a “do over” for his coaching career as he mentioned in the paper. A school where most coaches don’t last four years. Or. Meigs whose athletic supporters ran off a coach who actually won there and averaged 13 wins a season for a new coach averaging 6 wins per season.
Last edited by Chuck Finley on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

Chuck Finley wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 am I don’t know who to feel sorry for in this scenario. Coach Hill who is coming to Meigs for a “do over” for his coaching career as he mentioned in the paper. A school where most coaches don’t last four years. Or. Meigs whose so-called athletic supporters ran off a coach who actually won there and averaged 13 wins a season for a new coach averaging 6 wins per season.
I agree Chuck Finley! That exact same thought has crossed my mind! I don’t know Coach Hill but if he is leaving Eastern because he couldn’t handle the heat from a few parents then he is coming to the wrong place!!! I don’t know Coach Fry personally either but he won more than anyone else in recent years! It’s a sad situation and indicative of parents of today’s high school athletes!!!

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

Ballboy wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:20 pm
Chuck Finley wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 am I don’t know who to feel sorry for in this scenario. Coach Hill who is coming to Meigs for a “do over” for his coaching career as he mentioned in the paper. A school where most coaches don’t last four years. Or. Meigs whose so-called athletic supporters ran off a coach who actually won there and averaged 13 wins a season for a new coach averaging 6 wins per season.
I agree Chuck Finley! That exact same thought has crossed my mind! I don’t know Coach Hill but if he is leaving Eastern because he couldn’t handle the heat from a few parents then he is coming to the wrong place!!! I don’t know Coach Fry personally either but he won more than anyone else in recent years! It’s a sad situation and indicative of parents of today’s high school athletes!!!
It’s worse at Meigs. Other schools support coaches and Meigs just caves. More imortant who you know than what you know.

Return to “Boys Basketball”