Wheelersburg (2) vs Piketon (1). Thoughts?

Streaks6106
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg (2) vs Piketon (1). Thoughts?

Post by Streaks6106 »

yabbadabbadoo,

Looking at your post....Shouldn’t you be in grade school from 8:00-2:30? Your also posting a little to late for your bedtime. Please give the device you’re posting on back to mommy and daddy so you don’t continue looking so ignorant, and go to bed!

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

Alexander plays a tough schedule. And to say they
Have a bad coach is just not cool. Don’t know him
At all, but to me it looked like he got a lot out of his players. Making a not so good decision in the heat of the moment has happened to all of us at one time or another.

Tigerfan92
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan92 »

AnkleBraces wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:40 am
mlittle wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:32 am
bobcats94 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:38 pm

I'm afraid I don't understand your logic when you say ask 10 non burg fans when your a Piketon fan pleading your case for a Piketon player.. Kinda biased maybe.. Im actually a fan of burg's biggest rival but sometimes you have to take your blinders off.. :lol:
I get it. I’m not taking anything away from Holden. I think the kid is amazing. You made your case based off who had college offers. That doesn’t always mean that player is better right now.
Holden scored 4 and 9 against Lucasville Valley....but he is better all around then Perdue haha.

Perdue was in the top 10 in every statistical category in the SVC. 49 points against the best team around (Unioto) in two games

24.5 ppg
10 rpg at 6'0"
3 apg from the post
3 spg
1 bpg

55 fg %
35 3pt %
80 ft %

Only player with better statistical performances than Perdue lately is Beau Justice.
Arey: 22.6 ppg, 47.9%3pt,50.2%fg, and 82% ft.

These stats are pretty impressive. He also has a teammate scoring 19 pts/game If Arey played for Piketon instead of Peebles he would probably be all american. Lol. Comparing Perdue to Beau Justice isn't close. Justice scored a lot of points from 15-25 feet from the basket. Perdue scores almost all of his points from drives to the basket (3ft and in) or at the foul line. I watched the West game at Waverly and Perdue scored almost all of his points this way. He's good at it but he is an entirely different player than Justice. If Wheelersburg stops his penetration, boxes out and makes him shoot over a hand he will struggle. Burg has the athletes to defend. His teammates can score, they just don't look to as much. Blanton and co. will decide this game.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Tigerfan92 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:28 pm

I get it. I’m not taking anything away from Holden. I think the kid is amazing. You made your case based off who had college offers. That doesn’t always mean that player is better right now.
Holden scored 4 and 9 against Lucasville Valley....but he is better all around then Perdue haha.

Perdue was in the top 10 in every statistical category in the SVC. 49 points against the best team around (Unioto) in two games

24.5 ppg
10 rpg at 6'0"
3 apg from the post
3 spg
1 bpg

55 fg %
35 3pt %
80 ft %

Only player with better statistical performances than Perdue lately is Beau Justice.

These stats are pretty impressive. He also has a teammate scoring 19 pts/game If Arey played for Piketon instead of Peebles he would probably be all american. Lol. Comparing Perdue to Beau Justice isn't close. Justice scored a lot of points from 15-25 feet from the basket. Perdue scores almost all of his points from drives to the basket (3ft and in) or at the foul line. I watched the West game at Waverly and Perdue scored almost all of his points this way. He's good at it but he is an entirely different player than Justice. If Wheelersburg stops his penetration, boxes out and makes him shoot over a hand he will struggle. Burg has the athletes to defend. His teammates can score, they just don't look to as much. Blanton and co. will decide this game.
Tanner's grandpa lives really close to Peebles just into Pike county. If I'm not mistaken Tanner Perdue played at Peebles with Tanner Arey in grade school and into Jr High.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Tigerfan92 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:28 pm

24.5 ppg
10 rpg at 6'0"
3 apg from the post
3 spg
1 bpg

55 fg %
35 3pt %
80 ft %

By no means did I compare perdue to justice. I meant a player that had overall stats across the board that impressive. Swackhammer at unioto close but many of his boards are grabbed by other teammates. Although SHAC fans would never admit it, its huge advantage to go into gym where they all look and feel the same. Zach Jordan hit 10,8,7 3s in 3 straight road games in Adams county a couple years ago. It's a known fact that Piketon rims are tight.

Tigerfan92
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan92 »

The rims where Justice is lighting it up in college must have been loosened up also. Lol. Maybe Piketon's rims need some more of the off the glass behind the head dunks on them. I'm sure the convo rims are loose. Maybe Blanton should shoot more 3's. He looked good against Alexander.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

All this talk about Perdue this and Perdue that, and poor Western Indians.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

greygoose wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:16 pm All this talk about Perdue this and Perdue that, and poor Western Indians.
What’s so bad about it? Perdue has worked his butt off and earned everything it didn’t just happen over night, the kids talented and very deserving.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:16 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:16 pm All this talk about Perdue this and Perdue that, and poor Western Indians.
What’s so bad about it? Perdue has worked his butt off and earned everything it didn’t just happen over night, the kids talented and very deserving.
LOL, think you missed the point.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

I don't think we want to bring up kids transferring ! I believe it is very common! Piketon will have to play 4 quarters of basketball with 4 players in double figures to win ! Go streaks !

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

:roll: Someone on a Wheelersburg thread talking crap about another schools transfers!!!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha.

Jeep/pirate
Waterboy

Post by Jeep/pirate »

Pirates by 10

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Piketon just needs to do what they’ve done all season and they’ll be fine

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

ScottSmith wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:37 pm Very well said yab! I don't understand why people don't post under their real names...
[/quote

People do post under their real names. Trojandave, Tiger Bait and Swanker pine are very common name in southern OH like yours Scott Smith

King of Pike Hill
Waterboy

Post by King of Pike Hill »

Burg fans, don’t count your chickens yet. Or parrots in this case. (Pirate pun) Burg isn’t the toughest team Piketon has faced. Games like these is when Perdue shines the brightest. The kid thrives in the spotlight. Not saying who is going to win but don’t be surprised if Piketon walks out with a W. Winner will likely play Harvest Prep which became 25-0 last night against Pleasant.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I want to apologize to the Alexander ball team and there coach for a post I had put on here yesterday. It was uncalled for and out of line by me. I try not to get caught up in these threads and post but sometimes I do and I apologize for that as well.

Bottom line is these are two fine programs that will be playing for a District Championship come Saturday night. The winner gets the pleasure of competing in the Regionals, two games away from a Final Four appearance. Both schools are more than capable of playing with anyone on any given night.

I tip my hat to the players and coaches if both teams and may the best team win and advance and represent Southern Ohio with class and dignity.

To earn respect you have to give respect.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:20 am I want to apologize to the Alexander ball team and there coach for a post I had put on here yesterday. It was uncalled for and out of line by me. I try not to get caught up in these threads and post but sometimes I do and I apologize for that as well.

Bottom line is these are two fine programs that will be playing for a District Championship come Saturday night. The winner gets the pleasure of competing in the Regionals, two games away from a Final Four appearance. Both schools are more than capable of playing with anyone on any given night.

I tip my hat to the players and coaches if both teams and may the best team win and advance and represent Southern Ohio with class and dignity.

Stop apologizing. Gee whiz. Maybe you didn’t use the best choice of words but anyone with a brain knew what you were talking about. Piketon should have lost to a team that wasn’t as good as them or as good as burg and the Alexander coach blew it. I get tired of people beating other people up over this crap. People need to learn how to discern things. Good grief.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:20 am I want to apologize to the Alexander ball team and there coach for a post I had put on here yesterday. It was uncalled for and out of line by me. I try not to get caught up in these threads and post but sometimes I do and I apologize for that as well.

Excellent post. Should’ve a fun game.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Nothing wrong with being a little critical as long as it’s not personal. Keep up good work yab. You make SEOPs a good read.

THEConvoK9
Waterboy

Post by THEConvoK9 »

Perdue does magic while I chew on master's hat. Beep beep here comes a streak!

Return to “Boys Basketball”