Wheelersburg (2) vs Piketon (1). Thoughts?

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg (2) vs Piketon (1). Thoughts?

Post by bucknuts09 »

Killer Krossover wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:44 am Congratulations to Wheelersburg for their district championship. Good luck the rest of the way.

Congratulations to the Piketon Redstreaks from our SVC on a great season and representation for our league. Was a great game, great effort, just seemed like WB had the last run late in the 4th. As a fan of basketball in general, I feel your team had a no-quit, screw the doubters mentality, and played with so much heart all season long...19-6 is a great season by all means to a team expected to be middle of pack or lower last year. Tanner Perdue, outstanding talent, and good luck at the next level wherever you play. Has been a pleasure watching you play! Coach Legg, at 25yo, already has 2 district tournaments in first two years coaching. Don’t see the Redstreaks going away anytime soon. Going to continue to be my Sherman’s and General Hoops biggest opposition in years ahead.

Again congratulations to both teams. Now to get our focus for my Sherman’s to win the regional in D-2!
Very well stated! Good luck to the U, go show how good that team really is ! Would love to see another final 4 SVC team!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Piketon good young coach. Team played well. Ran outta gas in the 3rd and burg pulled away.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

rxburgfan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:28 pm Piketon good young coach. Team played well. Ran outta gas in the 3rd and burg pulled away.
According to the Burg/Pike update thread, Piketon was only down 5 with 3 minutes or so to go in the game and actually had the lead in the middle of 5he 4th. Piketon had multiple leads, some as big as 11. Burg proved they were the better team and Holden showed his strength last night.

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

Piketon should of gone to a zone after the break. Burg made the adjustments needed to win.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Piketon’s largest lead was 8, and never led in the 4th quarter. They had it tied at 48 with 6 minutes to go. When Wheelersburg went to the zone in the 4th, I thought that that was the end for the Streaks. The Streaks played a great game against the famed Pirates.

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Great game! Congrats to Evan Legg and coaching staff and especially to the courageous Redstreaks team that competed every second of the game. I thought the Burg's ability to close quarters was the key to victory which was an 6-0 run at the end of 2nd and a 7-0 stretch towards the end of the 3rd was crucial. Piketon had the ball up 28-20 with a minute and some change before halftime, but costly turnovers led to that 6-0 run which in my mind was a huge momentum builder for the burg. Holden was certainly hard to handle down the stretch. What a remarkable job by Coach Evan Legg, with a 19 win season and back-to-back Sectional Champs and District Runners-up. I look for great things to happen in the future for the Streaks. Good Luck to the Burg, I scrimmaged Harvest Prep this year and they're pretty darn good, but anything can happen in March!

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Piketon's new regime really benefited from some pretty good talent the past 2 years, look for things to be a little harder next season, we will see how Coach Legg and staff adjust. Would of been hard not to win the past 2 seasons.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I lost my original username eagles73 a while back when my email was so old I couldnt log into it to get my new password for seops! So I have been quietly reading only for a while now, but since things in my life have changed, no longer AD at Piketon and no longer coaching, just teaching, I have gotten over the problems I went through and decided to come back on to post.

I appreciated the hustle and grit this Piketon team showed Saturday. They were overmatched, but you wouldnt have known it for 28 minutes. Congrats to Burg, and best of luck against Prep.

Return to “Boys Basketball”