Wheelersburg (2) vs Piketon (1). Thoughts?

King of Pike Hill
Waterboy

Wheelersburg (2) vs Piketon (1). Thoughts?

Post by King of Pike Hill »

What are everyone’s thoughts on this District final?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Wheelersburg (2) vs Piketon (1). Thoughts?

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I think Perdue will get his points but will not be enough to overcome the scorers from Burg. Pirates by 12.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I'm afraid Burg goes a little deeper than Piketon and will have the athletes to slow Perdue down.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg has to many weapons for Piketon to try and contain. Holden is tough to guard as is Lowery, Truitt and Mullins. Truitt played nothing like a Freshman yesterday against LC. He was going strong to the hole and if he didn't hit the bucket he was getting fouled where he had at one point hit 8-9 in a row.

Burg has the athletes to contain Perdue and unless someone else steps up big for Piketon I see this as being a 12-15 point win for the Burg.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Both teams have had fine fine seasons. Wheelersburg is the favorite by a decent margin....but as we continue to pick against the Piketon kids and coaches it’s clear that they don’t give a crap about any of that. Piketon will show, Perdue will get his 23 and Piketon will fight and scrap with all they have for their teammate, coaches, fans and community...but also to shut us keyboard geniuses up.

I do think the non-Perdue’s will need to go for 30+ to have a chance in this game. 3 players score more than 2 points won’t get it done...just won’t. Burg is solid and expect about 4 kids to go for double digits. Piketon needs great defense on Lowery and Truitt. Truitt kind of lulls you to sleep and then scores 15 in 10 game minutes.

Piketon might need foul trouble on Burg to win this game. Burg will need to show they can handle chaos causing pressure but I believe they can.

Wheelersburg 68
Piketon 29

Lol J/K Piketon folks

Wheelersburg 56
Piketon 51

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:27 pm Burg has to many weapons for Piketon to try and contain. Holden is tough to guard as is Lowery, Truitt and Mullins. Truitt played nothing like a Freshman yesterday against LC. He was going strong to the hole and if he didn't hit the bucket he was getting fouled where he had at one point hit 8-9 in a row.

Burg has the athletes to contain Perdue and unless someone else steps up big for Piketon I see this as being a 12-15 point win for the Burg.
I agree with all points you made. I’ll go with:

Wheelersburg 63
Piketon 39

Wheelersburg wins the district but unfortunately walks into an absolute giant in Harvest Prep next round. While D3 is quite down this year, a district title would be good for the Burg and something that will remain in the trophy cases forever.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

The burgggg by 20+ and don’t sleep on us vs Harvest either. They are athletic in there own way but we are very athletic too and our kids are used to big levels in baseball and football they will not be afraid of the matchup.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

After yesterday’s performance I see Wheelersburg winning this game by a wide margin. The two transfers (Lowery & Truitt) are the keys to Wheelersburg’s success. I will not comment on their next opponent since I have not seen them.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

Piketon will have to shoot lights out! They have seen a team better than burg this year IMO!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:40 pm Both teams have had fine fine seasons. Wheelersburg is the favorite by a decent margin....but as we continue to pick against the Piketon kids and coaches it’s clear that they don’t give a crap about any of that. Piketon will show, Perdue will get his 23 and Piketon will fight and scrap with all they have for their teammate, coaches, fans and community...but also to shut us keyboard geniuses up.

I do think the non-Perdue’s will need to go for 30+ to have a chance in this game. 3 players score more than 2 points won’t get it done...just won’t. Burg is solid and expect about 4 kids to go for double digits. Piketon needs great defense on Lowery and Truitt. Truitt kind of lulls you to sleep and then scores 15 in 10 game minutes.

Piketon might need foul trouble on Burg to win this game. Burg will need to show they can handle chaos causing pressure but I believe they can.

Wheelersburg 68
Piketon 29

Lol J/K Piketon folks

Wheelersburg 56
Piketon 51
Not gonna lie. You got me on that one!

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Burg too many weapons in this one. This one gets ugly quick.

Burg 58
Piketon 33

GO BURG!

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Burg by 15.. too many athletes as stated

JeepCreep
Waterboy

Post by JeepCreep »

Par retts 58 Piketon 38

OSU Alumni 2003
Waterboy

Post by OSU Alumni 2003 »

Burg by 15+

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Burg beats northwest by 6 and 8 this year but they're going to blow out a team that averages 65 ppg. You guys are a prisoner of the moment. This one will be a game. Piketon has the best player. Burg has the best athlete. If Piketon can outrebound Alexander by 10 with a 6'9" kid then I'm sure they can hold their own against burg.

Piketon won a couple quarter against Harvest Prep in a scrimmage too so don't count your chickens yet Burg fans. This isn't football or baseball.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Thought after Piketon’s comeback last night everyone would quit doubting the Redstreaks, but I guess I was completely wrong. Piketon still isn’t get much respect for how good they truely are. Piketon really hasn’t played that great the last 2 games, had to come from behind in the 4th quarter both times and still ended up winning by double digits. Piketon ended the game on a 26-4 run in the last 5:07 yesterday. Burg will be tough but nothing the Streaks haven’t seen before. Streaks will be ready!!!!!!!!

Piketon 64
Burg 58

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

IMO Burg wins this game i they can hit their free throws and rebound well and it seems like Burg always has some minutes during the game where they totally get out of their game plan and are sluggish especially when a call doesn't go their way. That has to stop to advance any further. I think Piketon hangs around for a while but in the end Burg 60 Piketon 49 and good luck to both teams safe travels

Burg grad 85
TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

This should be a great game. Burg may have the athletes, but Piketon just seems to keep getting the job done. I’ve got Piketon in a close one 57-53.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

Piketon has a scrappy team but WB has athletes size and speed to boot.I love TP but WB wins big 65 to 42 TP goes for just 16.I hate to say it

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ronm001 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:46 pm Piketon has a scrappy team but WB has athletes size and speed to boot.I love TP but WB wins big 65 to 42 TP goes for just 16.I hate to say it
Lol, c’mon man ha ha

Return to “Boys Basketball”