Eastern Pike vs Oak Hill 3/10 @ 8:00

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Eastern Pike vs Oak Hill 3/10 @ 8:00

Post by OHHS old timer »

Eastern battled their butts off..nothing to hang your heads about.

Go Oaks

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:22 pm SOC2 is 12-6. 2 teams into Regionals. 2 District Runnerups.

Oak Hill vs Garaway 6:15
Wheelersburg v Harvest Prep 8:00.
3/14 Convo.

Fairfield Christian Academy v Hiland 6:15
Coal Grove v Peebles 8:00
3/13 Convo.

Unioto v John Glenn
Fairland v ? (Zanesville) ?
3/15 Convo
Should be another great week. Thanks OHHS but I told you my 2 requests.

I will probably be in the Convo Wednesday night so I will update you without 97.7.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Time to ignite the victory cigar

Padron original sounds good!!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:25 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:22 pm SOC2 is 12-6. 2 teams into Regionals. 2 District Runnerups.

Oak Hill vs Garaway 6:15
Wheelersburg v Harvest Prep 8:00.
3/14 Convo.

Fairfield Christian Academy v Hiland 6:15
Coal Grove v Peebles 8:00
3/13 Convo.

Unioto v John Glenn
Fairland v ? (Zanesville) ?
3/15 Convo
Should be another great week. Thanks OHHS but I told you my 2 requests.

I will probably be in the Convo Wednesday night so I will update you without 97.7.
I'm down here...900 miles south of you. Don't want a spring break shirt....my treat

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

I offered...

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

Great effort by the Eagles tonight on the comeback. 2nd quarter was killer. We went away from Miller and was forcing to many bad shots and the Oaks starting knocking down some shots and you could just feel the momentum started to swing.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

No worries OHHS. It ended up being a great game. I thought at half it was over. Eastern truly made a great comeback.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Great season for the Eagles! 21 wins,a pike county title,league title,sectional title and district runner up. Congrats to Coach Barrick and Eastern on an outstanding season! Congrats to the Oaks and good luck the rest of the way!

🦅🏀
Last edited by beaverlover on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats to all.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

My first time seeing the Eagles this year. I thought Coach Barrick got the absolute most out of the group he had to work with. The big guy was a load to handle and will be tougher next year.

OSU Alumni 2003
Waterboy

Post by OSU Alumni 2003 »

Congrats to oak hill!
And congrats to the eagles on a fine season!
First half definitely hurt especially that 2nd quarter. Like I said before, this should've been a track meet! Oak hill is a solid disciplined team. We should've tried to pull them out of what they do best in the first half and we didn't.
But on a positive, eastern has several returning starters and I'm already looking forward to next year!
Go Eagles!

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

beaverlover wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:06 pm Great season for the Eagles! 21 wins,a league title,sectional title and district runner up. Congrats to Coach Barrick and Eastern on an outstanding season! Congrats to the Oaks and good luck the rest of the way!

🦅🏀
3 of the 4 loses were from teams ranked in the top 10 in Divison 3 (2 being Oak Hill). If the boys stick together and put in the work in during the off season we will be the ones cutting down the nets next year at the Convo.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well EP started out 7-0 half way through the 1st quarter, OH then went on a 24-4 run to close out the half. Really thought EP was forcing the offense in the 1st half and stuck with the initial game plan to long. 2nd half they battled from start to finish, upped the pace just a bit and made a game of it in the end. For OH, offense was constantly moving and something I don't know if I've seen to much if at all in high school, I don't think they took a single bad shot all game. Congrats on a big win and EP congrats on a great season.

Side note---want to tip my hat to the point guard for OH at the end of the game, he broke the press and Eagles stopped fouling, he had a wide open lane with about 10 sec. to go or so and simply ran under the basket and out to the 3 point line to end the game. Showed a lot of class not laying it up. I say this because Burg decided being up 13 wasn't enough and put up a 3 with no time and I thought that was pretty low. Whether or not coach said something to the boy after couldn't tell you but given that the game was over shooting up a 3 ball at buzzer was pretty messed up. So I tip my hat to the young man from OH.
Last edited by greygoose on Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

greygoose wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:31 pm Well EP started out 7-0 half way through the 1st quarter, OH then went on a 24-4 run to close out the half. Really thought EP was forcing the offense in the 1st half and stuck with the initial game plan to long. 2nd half they battled from start to finish, upped the pace just a bit and made a game of it in the end. For OH, offense was constantly moving and something I don't know if I've seen to much if at all in high school, I don't think they took a single bad shot all game. Congrats on a big win and EP congrats on a great season.

Side note---want to tip my hat to the point guard for OH at the end of the game, he broke the press and Eagles stopped fouling he had a wide open lane with about 10 sec. to go or so and simply ran under the basket and out to the 3 point line to end the game. Showed a lot of class not laying it up. I say this because Burg decided being up 13 wasn't enough and put up a 3 with no time and I thought that was pretty low. Whether or not coach said something to the boy after couldn't tell you but given that the game was over shooting up a 3 ball at buzzer was pretty messed up. So I tip my hat to the young man from OH.
Wah wah wah sorry Piketon wasn’t very good and couldn’t even guard our bench players ater lets our kids do whatever they want bc we are the best athletes around gotta let em off the leash sometimes GO BURG

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

greygoose wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:31 pm Well EP started out 7-0 half way through the 1st quarter, OH then went on a 24-4 run to close out the half. Really thought EP was forcing the offense in the 1st half and stuck with the initial game plan to long. 2nd half they battled from start to finish, upped the pace just a bit and made a game of it in the end. For OH, offense was constantly moving and something I don't know if I've seen to much if at all in high school, I don't think they took a single bad shot all game. Congrats on a big win and EP congrats on a great season.

Side note---want to tip my hat to the point guard for OH at the end of the game, he broke the press and Eagles stopped fouling he had a wide open lane with about 10 sec. to go or so and simply ran under the basket and out to the 3 point line to end the game. Showed a lot of class not laying it up. I say this because Burg decided being up 13 wasn't enough and put up a 3 with no time and I thought that was pretty low. Whether or not coach said something to the boy after couldn't tell you but given that the game was over shooting up a 3 ball at buzzer was pretty messed up. So I tip my hat to the young man from OH.
Landon Carroll...very classy kid on and off the court.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

burgpirater wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:18 am

Wah wah wah sorry Piketon wasn’t very good and couldn’t even guard our bench players ater lets our kids do whatever they want bc we are the best athletes around gotta let em off the leash sometimes GO BURG
LOL, I didn't have a dog in the fight with that one. Judging by your post it goes a long way in explaining bogus shot at the end. Win with class, lose with class and karma is always a ______ well you know, good luck against HP. lol

Pickoff42
Waterboy

Post by Pickoff42 »

Burgpirater does not represent the majority of Burg fans. Yes, maybe the kid was a bench player who never gets a shot ever and decides to launch one at the end. You and I know as fans/ex players that it wasn't a classy thing to do. Hopefully Coach Ater from Wheelersburg will speak to this young man about that and coach him up so he knows what winning with class means and he never does that again.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Good battle. Eastern young and will be back. Good to see 2 SOC teams in sweet 16.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I blame not knowing how to finish off a game with a touch of class and sportsmanship on their coaches from 3rd-6th grade. JMO

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

I was not at the burg game to know the scenario with the last shot. I have always thought it was unfortunate for the subs - those kids who practice everyday and play very little- to be put into a game and just dribble out or pass until clock runs out. I have seen a lot of disappointment on these kids face. If it makes a difference whether you loose by 15 or 18 I don't get it. Hopefully no point spreads here.Sure the pros and colleges have their correctness but let all the kids enjoy the moment. Just my thought and maybe all will disagree.

Return to “Boys Basketball”