Waverly Vs Unioto 3/9 @8:15

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Waverly Vs Unioto 3/9 @8:15

Post by Ironman92 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:18 pm Here you go, some of you guys are needed to help the game of basketball. You clearly are wasting your talents. Why pay to go to a game when they will pay you.

http://www.ohsaa.org/Officiating/permits/category1
I started a legitimate thread in giving good credit to the Convo refs on that first Saturday, for no reason whatsoever it turned and was 80% negative....where were you?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I’m an SOC2 homer. Ran the SOC2 thread this year.

If you put Unioto in the SOC2 in South Webster’s place the last 4 years I believe they would have gone anywhere from 54-2 to 56-0 and if they went 56-0 in The SVC then there’s no doubt they could have gone 56-0 in the SOC.

Last year might have been their weakest team of the 4? And they would have gone 14-0 more than likely. They were better than Oak Hill and Burg last year. This year perhaps they would have lost at Oak Hill. If they played early in the season. Oak Hill gets more vulnerable as the season progresses.

The more I think about it the more I think they would have gone 56-0 the last 4 years.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:36 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:18 pm Here you go, some of you guys are needed to help the game of basketball. You clearly are wasting your talents. Why pay to go to a game when they will pay you.

http://www.ohsaa.org/Officiating/permits/category1
I started a legitimate thread in giving good credit to the Convo refs on that first Saturday, for no reason whatsoever it turned and was 80% negative....where were you?
Sorry, saw it when you first posted, but was traveling late last week for business. I did see you post 5hat, and what I saw on the first several post were all positive. I guess I need to go check that out.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Thanks Dani for the kind words about my son. He loves basketball. He missed all of last year after tearing his growth plate away from his leg and then fracturing it into pieces. Just now getting his full use back. Hopefully he will have a good AAU season and can stay healthy!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ukfanatic wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:18 pm Thanks Dani for the kind words about my son. He loves basketball. He missed all of last year after tearing his growth plate away from his leg and then fracturing it into pieces. Just now getting his full use back. Hopefully he will have a good AAU season and can stay healthy!
Honestly, he may be the quickest defender I saw all season. Very very few can match his quickness. He tore up Sheridan.

Does he run track?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:58 pm
Ukfanatic wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:18 pm Thanks Dani for the kind words about my son. He loves basketball. He missed all of last year after tearing his growth plate away from his leg and then fracturing it into pieces. Just now getting his full use back. Hopefully he will have a good AAU season and can stay healthy!
Honestly, he may be the quickest defender I saw all season. Very very few can match his quickness. He tore up Sheridan.

Does he run track?
Amazing season after what he went through last year. I pray he stays healthy and is able to get stronger and even faster and quicker than he is now. He could tear it up next year. I know the Miami University guy who was at Waverly to watch Holden when the Tigers beat the Pirates took notice of this fine young man.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Yes he is going to run track. Ran in Jr High. But basketball is his true love. As a freshman, before he was hurt he bumped his head on the bottom of the backboard blocking a shot. He was 5"6 then. Hope he gets those hops back. His younger brother long jumped almost 18 feet as a 8th grader last year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ukfanatic wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:51 pm Yes he is going to run track. Ran in Jr High. But basketball is his true love. As a freshman, before he was hurt he bumped his head on the bottom of the backboard blocking a shot. He was 5"6 then. Hope he gets those hops back. His younger brother long jumped almost 18 feet as a 8th grader last year.
Awesome. I’ll keep an eye out. Waverly has nice track program last year. My son went 17’6 last year in 7th grade so we know the long jump. Best of luck to both of yours.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

That is awesome for a seventh grader! Sounds like we will be at track meets together starting next year. I will have to introduce myself. Always love meeting other basketball junkys! Me and my wife adopted all three of our kids from Haiti when they were babies! We are very blessed!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ukfanatic wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:49 pm That is awesome for a seventh grader! Sounds like we will be at track meets together starting next year. I will have to introduce myself. Always love meeting other basketball junkys! Me and my wife adopted all three of our kids from Haiti when they were babies! We are very blessed!
You guys rock, the world is a better place because of you.
Last edited by smurray on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

smurray wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:56 pm
Ukfanatic wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:49 pm That is awesome for a seventh grader! Sounds like we will be at track meets together starting next year. I will have to introduce myself. Always love meeting other basketball junkys! Me and my wife adopted all three of our kids from Haiti when they were babies! We are very blessed!
We guys rock, the world is a better place because of you.
We see Cody alot at Peebles . He's a great young man.You are right to be proud.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Will do!

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Thank you! Weston had a great game vs Green! Me and Cody were cheering hard for him. I didn't know if he would want to go after losing the night before but he wanted to see Weston play

Return to “Boys Basketball”