Post by bucknuts09 »

But they are not ! :D
So one will never know ! :?:

Reds Fan
JV Team

Re: Waverly Vs Unioto 3/9 @8:15

Post by Reds Fan »

smurray wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:11 pm
Reds Fan wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 am Who does waverly graduate?
SENIORS
Clayton Howell
Ethan Adrian
Jake Reed
Ethan Crabtree

JUNIORS
Cobe Marquez
Landon Hoover
Cody Remington
Easton Wolfe
Ethan Dunn
Trevor Penrod

SOPHOMORES
Michael Goodman
Grayson Diener
Ragen Davis
Cameron Kendricks
Tanner Smallwood
Zack Brown

FRESHMEN
Zeke Brown (started varsity football)
Haydn Shanks
Gage Wheeler
Phoenix Wolfe (started varsity football - Easton’s brother)
Jackson Wise
Sawyer Pendleton
Jaxson Poe
Blaise Reader
Eli Crabtree

Some very good incoming Freshmen who could make the varsity squad - a move back and another possible move in.

I don’t think anyone really expected 18 wins this season and a District Championship game.
Waverly made it to the Convo last year but lost in round one. This year they went one game further and were so close to that District Championship.
Next year we expect to get back to the Convo but look to win the District.
I really like the way waverly plays the game. I got to see them play both games at the convo and I was impressed. I think their coaching staff does a great job preparing them for each game. The whole team plays with tons of energy it’s very exciting to watch. I agree they should be back to the convo next year in the hunt for a district championship.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Sports-nut wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:04 pm If Unioto was in the SOCII they would have lost several games the last four years.
:roll: I seem to remember an SOC II school that picked up a series with Unioto, lost both games by 20+ and immediately dropped Unioto after. That happened within the last four years. Those two teams also played last night. The funniest part of it is that the team who dropped Unioto will now be playing them again next season once Unioto's best class ever graduates :shock:

You must not have seen the Unioto team from 3 seasons ago...or 2 years ago when they were playing better before a cheap shot injury slowed them. Last year would've been the best argument, but if the best SOC II team got pushed to the limit by PV and beat by SE, Unioto wasn't losing then either. It's okay to admit that Unioto is having a great run, it's also okay to admit that Unioto didn't play well last night but still had enough to win. Gabe Fisher nearly having a double double while throwing up before, during, and after the game is pretty impressive...but would've been more impressive if Unioto was in the SOC II, right?!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bucknuts09 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:07 pm Congrats to the U , what a run they have made over the past 4 years ! I disagree with SOC being better top to bottom in the past 4 years! I do believe a 9 win regular season Southeastern beat the mighty Oaks last year !
They only won 5 games last regular season and 9 overall lol but don't say facts!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smurray wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:11 pm
Reds Fan wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 am Who does waverly graduate?
SENIORS
Clayton Howell
Ethan Adrian
Jake Reed
Ethan Crabtree

JUNIORS
Cobe Marquez
Landon Hoover
Cody Remington
Easton Wolfe
Ethan Dunn
Trevor Penrod

SOPHOMORES
Michael Goodman
Grayson Diener
Ragen Davis
Cameron Kendricks
Tanner Smallwood
Zack Brown

FRESHMEN
Zeke Brown (started varsity football)
Haydn Shanks
Gage Wheeler
Phoenix Wolfe (started varsity football - Easton’s brother)
Jackson Wise
Sawyer Pendleton
Jaxson Poe
Blaise Reader
Eli Crabtree

Some very good incoming Freshmen who could make the varsity squad - a move back and another possible move in.

I don’t think anyone really expected 18 wins this season and a District Championship game.
Waverly made it to the Convo last year but lost in round one. This year they went one game further and were so close to that District Championship.
Next year we expect to get back to the Convo but look to win the District.
Great season by the Tigers! I believe that they have the best returning backcourt in the SE District and then you add Hoover as a likely starter and that's a scary 3 headed monster for a lot of teams to have to stop. I'm excited to see how the Tigers progress and I know with their outstanding staff, that they'll be put in great positions to succeed.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:26 pm
Sports-nut wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:04 pm If Unioto was in the SOCII they would have lost several games the last four years.
:roll: I seem to remember an SOC II school that picked up a series with Unioto, lost both games by 20+ and immediately dropped Unioto after. That happened within the last four years. Those two teams also played last night. The funniest part of it is that the team who dropped Unioto will now be playing them again next season once Unioto's best class ever graduates :shock:

You must not have seen the Unioto team from 3 seasons ago...or 2 years ago when they were playing better before a cheap shot injury slowed them. Last year would've been the best argument, but if the best SOC II team got pushed to the limit by PV and beat by SE, Unioto wasn't losing then either. It's okay to admit that Unioto is having a great run, it's also okay to admit that Unioto didn't play well last night but still had enough to win. Gabe Fisher nearly having a double double while throwing up before, during, and after the game is pretty impressive...but would've been more impressive if Unioto was in the SOC II, right?!
Danic with the fire 🔥 🔥 🔥

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mlittle wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:53 pm

I normally ignore this nonsense, but I just knew it was coming lol

I know 90-11 is an awful record over 4 years, but those 11 losses have come to, a State Ranked D1 school, 2 D1 schools who reached District play, 2 teams that lost in D2 District Finals, 4 District Champions, a Regional Champion, and only 1 of the 11 losses came against a team who didn't reach District play...a team that Unioto beat in the Sectional Finals (Chillicothe, 2016)

Our league has also had a team reach the Sweet 16 after going 5-17 in the regular season last year and another reach the District Finals this year. The SOC might be the strongest league in SE Ohio most years, but treating the SVC like a joke is wrong.

You know what, come watch our lovely cheerleaders cheer on Thursday, I'll even buy your ticket.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Much respect to you Dani! Nothing wrong with supporting your team! They have had a great run! It is fair to say that before this year Waverly was not near as good Unioto. Unioto would have faired really well in the SOC over the last few years and would have most likely won the league each year. I am not sure they would have went undefeated but man have they been good. Southeastern run last year was a bit of a fluke but they have the trophy! I think top to bottom the SOC II is probably stronger from year to year but the top of the SVC haS been as good as anybody around for quite a few years. Let's not forget that before this great run from Unioto Piketon made a run to the state as well and Southeastern probably has the second best basketball history in Southern Ohio with only Portsmouth havin won more. This year is a perfect example with Unioto going to the regionals and Piketon losing in the district finals vs the SOC II who has two teams going to the regionals and two more who lost in district finals. I hope you guys win Thursday and go on to beat Fairland if you play them in the regional finals. We will be there to watch!

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:07 am

I know 90-11 is an awful record over 4 years, but those 11 losses have come to, a State Ranked D1 school, 2 D1 schools who reached District play, 2 teams that lost in D2 District Finals, 4 District Champions, a Regional Champion, and only 1 of the 11 losses came against a team who didn't reach District play...a team that Unioto beat in the Sectional Finals (Chillicothe, 2016)

Our league has also had a team reach the Sweet 16 after going 5-17 in the regular season last year and another reach the District Finals this year. The SOC might be the strongest league in SE Ohio most years, but treating the SVC like a joke is wrong.

You know what, come watch our lovely cheerleaders cheer on Thursday, I'll even buy your ticket.
Calm down there killer I don't think anyone was bashing the SVC. All he stated was the SOC was stronger from top to bottom and that the U would have a few league loses if they were in the SOC.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Where did I say the SVC was a joke. In my OPINION Unioto would have lost to Wheelersburg and Oak Hill and yes even one to Waverly if they was in the SOCII.

I hope your last sentence is not a insult of my daughter. If so sir I have lost all respect I had of you.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Sports-nut wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:47 am

Where did I say the SVC was a joke. In my OPINION Unioto would have lost to Wheelersburg and Oak Hill and yes even one to Waverly if they was in the SOCII.

I hope your last sentence is not a insult of my daughter. If so sir I have lost all respect I had of you.
I would never insult a kid, just was fired up and using your signature on here to make a last comment.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:53 am Much respect to you Dani! Nothing wrong with supporting your team! They have had a great run! It is fair to say that before this year Waverly was not near as good Unioto. Unioto would have faired really well in the SOC over the last few years and would have most likely won the league each year. I am not sure they would have went undefeated but man have they been good. Southeastern run last year was a bit of a fluke but they have the trophy! I think top to bottom the SOC II is probably stronger from year to year but the top of the SVC haS been as good as anybody around for quite a few years. Let's not forget that before this great run from Unioto Piketon made a run to the state as well and Southeastern probably has the second best basketball history in Southern Ohio with only Portsmouth havin won more. This year is a perfect example with Unioto going to the regionals and Piketon losing in the district finals vs the SOC II who has two teams going to the regionals and two more who lost in district finals. I hope you guys win Thursday and go on to beat Fairland if you play them in the regional finals. We will be there to watch!
Appreciate it. The SOC is definitely stronger all the way through and is overall better year in, year out. I just don't like seeing our kids get slighted, which I knew they were going to.

Btw, your son had a great season and I'm excited to see him again next year. Really fun player to watch and he plays the game the right way.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... and had the U played in the SEC, Big Ten , MAC they would have "lost several games the last four years." ... I know this is just your opinion - and everyone is entitled to them BUT at least back it up with evidence ... daniC has backed up HIS argument with evidence ... Unioto with "the run" has proven that Coach Hoops & his staff have in fact built an elite program in the SEDistrict ... the run does not just encompass SVC play - teams WANT to play the elite teams in their non conference schedule to test their own teams - Logan, Chillicothe, Fairfield Union this season played UHS because of the quality of the program, the talent, the TEAM ...

... I respect your opinion but it holds more water if it is supported ...

... good stuff daniC !

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Look I respect both you pfloyd and you Dani but we are talking about two different things. Sure I understand that Unioto won all those games against Div 1 teams but are any of those teams in the SVC? Everyone keeps quoting that Unioto hasnt lost a SVC game in 4 years. My statement and my opinion is that if Unioto had been in the SOCII the last four years they would have lost several games. Oak Hill would have beat them this year and maybe last year. Now I know you are gonna throw up the oaks lost to southeastern last year but anything can happen at the convo. No one beats Wheelersburg at Home so there is four losses.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Sports-nut wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:16 pm Look I respect both you pfloyd and you Dani but we are talking about two different things. Sure I understand that Unioto won all those games against Div 1 teams but are any of those teams in the SVC? Everyone keeps quoting that Unioto hasnt lost a SVC game in 4 years. My statement and my opinion is that if Unioto had been in the SOCII the last four years they would have lost several games. Oak Hill would have beat them this year and maybe last year. Now I know you are gonna throw up the oaks lost to southeastern last year but anything can happen at the convo. No one beats Wheelersburg at Home so there is four losses.
All Hail the SOC II, bow down before their greatness, pay tribute to their awesomeness! They are so great, their fans can even predict games that never happened! Put down the koolaid, I am not saying one way or the other who would win, but your self assurance is based off your opinion! Lol

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

king kong wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:19 pm
Sports-nut wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:16 pm Look I respect both you pfloyd and you Dani but we are talking about two different things. Sure I understand that Unioto won all those games against Div 1 teams but are any of those teams in the SVC? Everyone keeps quoting that Unioto hasnt lost a SVC game in 4 years. My statement and my opinion is that if Unioto had been in the SOCII the last four years they would have lost several games. Oak Hill would have beat them this year and maybe last year. Now I know you are gonna throw up the oaks lost to southeastern last year but anything can happen at the convo. No one beats Wheelersburg at Home so there is four losses.
All Hail the SOC II, bow down before their greatness, pay tribute to their awesomeness! They are so great, their fans can even predict games that never happened! Put down the koolaid, I am not saying one way or the other who would win, but your self assurance is based off your opinion! Lol
And what part of it’s my opinion do you not understand or am I not allowed to voice my opinion on a forum.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

SOC is very top heavy IMO!

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

Pfloyd why are you and Dani getting so defensive over someone's comment saying that SOC 2 is a stronger conference? I seen no bashing of Unioto or the SVC? The comment that sportsnut made I'm sure 95% of the people that follow basketball in SEO would agree with.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Oak Hill and Burg on a different level most years. Rest of SOC teams are comparable to most SVC teams.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

hbk1999 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:00 pm Oak Hill and Burg on a different level most years. Rest of SOC teams are comparable to most SVC teams.
One of the smartest comments I have seen in a while!

Return to “Boys Basketball”