South Webster Vs Coal Grove

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: South Webster Vs Coal Grove

Post by bbjunky81 »

Vito Corleone wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:24 am
LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:02 pm Just got home from watching Central District D4 Semis.

There were 2 semis tonight with the Championship on Saturday at 1:00. We decided to watch the 1 seed Fisher Catholic play the 7 seed Fairfield Christian Academy

The other matchup was The 2 Seed Danville vs 5 seed Tree of Life Christian. So just like our District —- 4 teams left and 7 vs 1 and 5 vs 2. Except they get 1 district Champ to Regionals and we get 2.

7 seed FCA over 1 seed Fisher Catholic and
5 seed Tree of Life over 2 Seed Danville.

FCA vs Tree of Life Saturday at 1:00. Winner to Athens Regional vs Hiland/River winner. Tuesday 3/13 at 6:00

SW/CG winner v Green/Peebles winner 3/13 at 8:00.
Wow. What a good time to be in D4 this year. I have to think Hiland is the favorite. They have already beat River once this year. They might be my pick to win D4. But, for local teams...playing against someone like Hiland is a lot better than Prep, Wellington, or Africentric
Absolutely. They match up way better with a team like Hiland than they do a Wellington/Prep/Africentric. Speed has always caused a serious issue for SE Ohio teams in the D4 Regional. Now that those teams are gone is the PERFECT opportunity for some of our D4 teams to have a legitimate and realistic shot at reaching the state tournament.

Clay wasn't far off from winning the Regional last year... if that team participated in the Regional this year I genuinely believe they go to the state tournament.

BUT! You know what they say about "if's"....

Watching SE Ohio basketball
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The teams looked very even last night to me. The important part of the scouting duo thought Fisher was 10 points better. Fisher was behind the entire time. Couldn’t get over the hump. They were down 43-40 for a few possessions in the 4th and had 5-6 opportunities in one possession to tie. Finally they tied And then took the lead at 45-43 on a transition layup — fouled so getting a free throw. At least 1/2 second after the shot went in a trailing player jumped up and hung on the rim even bringing his knees up toward his chin. Technical foul.

Momentum back to FCA. Total change.

FCA was 9-21 from the line and still won.

Agree totally that I expect Hiland/ River winner to be in the Regional Final. The cool part is that one team from our 4 will be there too. Coal Grove, South Webster, Green or Peebles will be in the Regional Final. That’s pretty cool. We will all be pulling for whoever it is.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:34 am The teams looked very even last night to me. The important part of the scouting duo thought Fisher was 10 points better. Fisher was behind the entire time. Couldn’t get over the hump. They were down 43-40 for a few possessions in the 4th and had 5-6 opportunities in one possession to tie. Finally they tied And then took the lead at 45-43 on a transition layup — fouled so getting a free throw. At least 1/2 second after the shot went in a trailing player jumped up and hung on the rim even bringing his knees up toward his chin. Technical foul.

Momentum back to FCA. Total change.

FCA was 9-21 from the line and still won.

Agree totally that I expect Hiland/ River winner to be in the Regional Final. The cool part is that one team from our 4 will be there too. Coal Grove, South Webster, Green or Peebles will be in the Regional Final. That’s pretty cool. We will all be pulling for whoever it is.
Absolutely! I'm very happy for one of our SE Ohio teams and coaches to be in the Regional Final. No matter the outcome, it will be an experience those kids/coaches will remember forever and I hope all of SE Ohio shows up to root for whoever it may be.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Best of luck to the Jeeps.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Darn, Lucas: I was there. Would’ve liked to have met up.

FCA is well-coached. The key for FCA was to put the clamps on Swindells (#2 for Fisher). If they did that, they were going to win. Kid led the entire central district in 3-pt % for much of the year. FCA did that and Fisher couldn’t get much of the remaining team to step up. It’s hard to beat a team three times in one year. FWIW, bbjunky: the second time around that those two played, FC had five of their primary rotational guys out for the game (March for Life trip.) Of course that means nothing now, although perhaps a testament to the coaching ability of FCA’s Roger Hooper in making the adjustments necessary for a “W” in round three. I wanted to puke when that play happened, LD. Technical foul was absolutely the right call. Just an absolutely stupid [blank]-ing move by the kid.

Was pretty heartbroken to see our season end as soon as it did, but this was one hell of a ride for my boys. No one understands what those kids, especially the seniors, have been through in their four years of playing. Four coaches in four years. Program has had as many coaches as they have had seasons since 2008. This was FC’s first winning season since the team that had the 20-win season in 07-08. Team has lost more kids to transfer outs than transfer ins.

Would’ve loved to see them make the Convo (green and white looks well there, I’m told), but I wouldn’t trade this season for anything. Incredibly proud of those kids: they dug in deep and put in the work. And I’m really proud for the coach: walking into a program that had the myriad of issues we did, and crafting a successful team in his first year is remarkable. Not saying that he’s John Wooden, but he did a great job in such a rough situation.

Anyways... I’ll likely take this one in. Really enjoyed watching SW last year. Saw Coal Grove last time they made it to the Convo as well.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Coal Grove can’t afford to start slow in the 1st quarter like they did the first two games of the tournament. Have to play four full quarters from now on to advance. Hope to see the hornets win!

Go Big Grove!
Roll Coal!

Who cares what rally term is said as long as the kids are behind it!

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Should be a good game. Both teams played solid competition all year. Seems both teams live on team defense however Coal Groves unselfish offense play will make it hard for SW to know who to defend. I predict Coal Grove 65 and SW 48. Go Big Grove!

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

If SW can keep the score in the 40's, at most 50, they will have a chance at winning this game. If not, I can't see them coming away with a W

Making offers you can't refuse
Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Let's go Big Grove!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE GROVERS FROM COAL GROVE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Radio coverage

Tunein...iheart...online

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

107.5 is here from Portsmouth.

I access it online after using google for 107.5 wzzz

It’s about the 4th or 5th option down. It doesn’t require you to download an app.

Listen to 107.5 on mytuner I believe.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Thanks Lucas...i think that's on tunein also

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Sportsnut
Waterboy

Post by Sportsnut »

6 minutes to basketball 30

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

My Hawks role River 42-29,in real physical game, River wanted to take the physical football approach against Hiland,my Hawks did not back down,we don't have football at Hiland,but soccer can get real physical sometimes to, the Islay boy from River the player of the year in the east district,had 24 of there 29 points,we shut down his supporting cast,that was the key to the game

Sportsnut
Waterboy

Post by Sportsnut »

Coal Grove 17
Webster 14
End of 1

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

18-2 run for CG since CG timeout in 1st

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

36-21 CG at half. This game may get ugly

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Coal Grove running their offense very well.

15-32 from the field. 5-7 from 3 point land.

Borders with 12. 4/6 from deep.

Blevins with 16 for SW. out for 2:00 of game time in second quarter with a bloody nose.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Seemed like everything CG put up went in the basket. Unreal run they made there.

Return to “Boys Basketball”