Randy Hixson

mattash
Site Admin

Randy Hixson

Post by mattash »

53 points to lead Trimble to the TVC chip...

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Re: Randy Hixson

Post by Sports24/7 »

Performance for the ages in Glouster....Just don't see that kind of scoring in our area like that very often...Was held,bumped,pushed,grabbed all night yet was just as good at the end as he was at the beginning....truly an amazing effort of will and energy in a high level game in front of a packed Dungeon...Witness....yes indeed...Congrats to Howie & Trimble on there 3 championship in 4 years.....pretty good run...Hixon will be missed....GREAT CAREER!

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

Box-and-one, triangle-and-two, heck let's put 3 and then 4 players on him, no matter he scored anyway. I've never witnessed anything like it. The whole team put forth great effort. Great job Cats when literally no one outside the program gave you a chance. TVC Champions!

Shoot_It_From_Deep
Freshman Team

Post by Shoot_It_From_Deep »

Probably the 2nd best individual performance I've seen in a game behind Clint Hayes' 60 points for Fort Frye in the 90's. The defense didn't matter - Hixson would shoot it from anywhere. He got a lot of 4th quarter points on lay-ups as Waterford was pressing to keep the game close and Hixson almost single handedly beat the press on several occasions. Waterford cut lead to 2 points in 4th but couldn't get over the top. Lang from Waterford was difference maker. Would have liked to see him healthy for the year because he is an animal in the paint. Trimble must have set 200 screens for Hixson to get open, but the way he was shooting it really didn't matter. Unbelievable performance.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Simms must of tried to guard them straight up.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Wow

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Great player and tremendous career. What does Randy plan on doing at the next level? Is he looking into a NAIA school or anywhere to play? He has improved each year, I would enjoy seeing him at a local college or university to see what he's capable of.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

Attack wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:37 am Box-and-one, triangle-and-two, heck let's put 3 and then 4 players on him, no matter he scored anyway. I've never witnessed anything like it. The whole team put forth great effort. Great job Cats when literally no one outside the program gave you a chance. TVC Champions!
What is this stupidity you are spewing. Its the TVC-Hocking, who didn't give Trimble a chance? They had RANDY! Best player in the TVC....Of course they had a chance.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Attack wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:37 am Box-and-one, triangle-and-two, heck let's put 3 and then 4 players on him, no matter he scored anyway. I've never witnessed anything like it. The whole team put forth great effort. Great job Cats when literally no one outside the program gave you a chance. TVC Champions!
I highly doubt a great game plan to contain him was attempted given him scoring 53.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

N2Hoops wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:34 am Simms must of tried to guard them straight up.
He did the first quarter. Hixson had 19 points after the first quarter. Then Waterford tried everything to keep it slow. Waterford even double teamed him. It was actually a close game all the way through

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:09 am
N2Hoops wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:34 am Simms must of tried to guard them straight up.
He did the first quarter. Hixson had 19 points after the first quarter. Then Waterford tried everything to keep it slow. Waterford even double teamed him. It was actually a close game all the way through
They double, triple and quadruple teamed him at times. But the other players still got him the ball and he still scored.

JustusLeague wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:47 am
What is this stupidity you are spewing. Its the TVC-Hocking, who didn't give Trimble a chance? They had RANDY! Best player in the TVC....Of course they had a chance.
Where were you before the game? LOL No one I talked to gave Trimble any chance of winning.

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Great job Hixson. Way to finish off your high school career.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Everyone with a brain knows Trimble had a chance. Waterford obviously didn’t take notes from Wahama on how to contain him. Great way to end his career and congrats to Trimble

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TVC wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:38 pm
Everyone with a brain knows Trimble had a chance. Waterford obviously didn’t take notes from Wahama on how to contain him. Great way to end his career and congrats to Trimble
I mean Waterford already beat Trimble by 9. Hard to beat someone that's pulling up from 25 feet and hitting every shot in transition

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

Green clamped him.

Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Post by Sports24/7 »

BobcatFuture1 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:28 pm Green clamped him.
What a brilliant observation......Faded Green made a nice adjustment but he still scored 22....wouldnt say thats "clamping"anybody down....different setting/mind set /game plan in this game....Green has a nice team but has No Randy Hixon.....

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Coach Simms told me after the game he hasn't seen anyone shoot like that since Beau Justice.. Trimble was definitely the underdog. Randy broke two school records in 3 point shots and the most points. Dyke Hatfield had it back in the 60's scored 90 points for Glouster...but we are Trimble that was before consolidation....

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Great performance by Randy Hixson last night ... Wow! 53 points ?!! ... the young man is a player, leader on the court ... 5-9ish ... he is for his size as good as anyone I've seen this season ... rebounds, obviously scores the rock, passes, defends , inside/outside scorer - simply one of the best out there in Southern/Southeast Ohio hoops this season ... great job Randy Hixson ! - pfloyd ...

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

Sports24/7 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:58 pm
BobcatFuture1 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:28 pm Green clamped him.
What a brilliant observation......Faded Green made a nice adjustment but he still scored 22....wouldnt say thats "clamping"anybody down....different setting/mind set /game plan in this game....Green has a nice team but has No Randy Hixon.....
Yeah but he only scored 13 in quarters 2-4 after the adjustment was made. He is a great player, but the Cats did a big time job on him.

Return to “Boys Basketball”