Re: Coal grove #1 vs #2 peebles

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Peebles [SHAC]

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
IndianTribe
Riding the Bench

Post by IndianTribe »

Ed Ott wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:44 pm Coal grove beat Oak Hill and are just way better than everyone else in d4. Peebles plays hard and smart but this is David and Goliath here. Grove by 18 or more.
Good thing we all brought our stones and slingshots. :D
Roll Tribe !!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO PEEBLES ON THE VICTORY, AND GOOD LUCK MOVING FORWARD. AND CONGRATULATIONS TO THE COAL GROVE HORNETS ON AN AWESOME YEAR OF BASKETBALL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Congrats to Coach Arey and Peebles. Great win. I'll be honest, I didn't see that coming. Well done!

Making offers you can't refuse
ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

It was a fun game for me to watch

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Congratulations to Coal Grove on a great year and fighting until the last second. Grove should be proud to go the regionals in Football and Basketball. Great accomplishments. Now on to Baseball for the Big Grove
Congrats to Peebles.

bball30
Freshman Team

Post by bball30 »

That last play with five seconds left had to be one of the best executed full court plays with a time constraint that I have ever seen in the Convo. Pinpoint passing over distance, great ball movement to find the open player, then the layup. It did not get into the net but the concept was well planned and worked well up to the last instant. Great game to watch!

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Sounded like a crazy game!

IndianTribe
Riding the Bench

Post by IndianTribe »

bball30 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:59 am That last play with five seconds left had to be one of the best executed full court plays with a time constraint that I have ever seen in the Convo. Pinpoint passing over distance, great ball movement to find the open player, then the layup. It did not get into the net but the concept was well planned and worked well up to the last instant. Great game to watch!
I agree it was a Beautiful play so good coach Arey on the radio said he was going to have to work on that one himself.

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

Waiting for mikeyvegas22 and sopump33 to enter the conversation and eat crow.Just a couple of loud mouth kids that have no clue what basketball is like at the convo,or basketball in general.Go Indians,congrats to the Hornets on a fine season.

Sopump33
Waterboy

Post by Sopump33 »

Officiating cost CG the game! Worst I’ve ever seen..

Omaha09
Waterboy

Post by Omaha09 »

Oh boy lets blame it on the refs

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

bball30 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:59 am That last play with five seconds left had to be one of the best executed full court plays with a time constraint that I have ever seen in the Convo. Pinpoint passing over distance, great ball movement to find the open player, then the layup. It did not get into the net but the concept was well planned and worked well up to the last instant. Great game to watch!
Coach Arey said after the game on the radio that he was going to have to incorporate that final play into his game plan. He had nothing but great things to say about Coal Grove.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

I just went and watched that play on Coal Grove Live. Wow. If that would've went in, it would've probably went down as one of the greatest plays in Convo history (in High School ball of course). Perfectly executed, just didn't go in. That was a stroke of genius by the coaching staff. Hate to see that end like that.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Peebles played great

SOC 1
2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

OVC wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:41 am
I just went and watched that play on Coal Grove Live. Wow. If that would've went in, it would've probably went down as one of the greatest plays in Convo history (in High School ball of course). Perfectly executed, just didn't go in. That was a stroke of genius by the coaching staff. Hate to see that end like that.

I don't know if it was really a play call, kinda just looked like a fluid fast break situation to me and they were fortunate enough to get a great look.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

2quick2catch wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:07 pm
OVC wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:41 am

I don't know if it was really a play call, kinda just looked like a fluid fast break situation to me and they were fortunate enough to get a great look.
I was thinking the exact same thing. If you watch the beginning it's actually a busted play right out of the gates. The Coal Grove player was denied and in the last second took off so that the inbounder could throw it over the top. After that they did a great fast break which ended on a 2 on 1, but I don't think that was exactly a "play" at that point.

Nonetheless, they got a great look which was the goal... it just unfortunately didn't go in

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”